KonaKealoha

Re-Pitching the Finished Mile High Club - if it would work with rage?

Let me make it very clear that I know quite literally nothing about how these mods work and what is compatible with FiveM vs Rage but I love this one that completes the construction of the eye-sore scrapped skyscraper.

I just want to throw it out there and see what the likelihood would be that there's a future in which the Mile High Club would be finished.

This mod that finishes the building would offer a lot in terms of roleplay, new apartments restaurants that like the new mall could be rented out to players, restaurants, clothing stores, etc. It would offer SO much more to roleplay with rather than a desolate construction site. 

https://forum.cfx.re/t/map-rags-riches-v1-4-5-beta-light-featuring-the-mile-high-club/4778991

Again, take this with a very small grain of salt as I do not know if it would even be possible for our server, but noodle it around and give it a like if you think it would provide better RP and a much better skyline. 

• Upvote 1

Content is encrypted and works via the FiveM escrow system. Texture folders are left open and thus remain adjustable. Main models cannot be opened or altered.

So in short, no. The Escrow system for FiveM will give you basically x amount of the files and then when you load your server, it'll give remaining amount but encrypted.
RAGE essentially needs ALL the files to load something.

There is a singleplayer version but again, you have to go through some janky process for even that to work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bala said:

Content is encrypted and works via the FiveM escrow system. Texture folders are left open and thus remain adjustable. Main models cannot be opened or altered.

So in short, no. The Escrow system for FiveM will give you basically x amount of the files and then when you load your server, it'll give remaining amount but encrypted.
RAGE essentially needs ALL the files to load something.

There is a singleplayer version but again, you have to go through some janky process for even that to work.

Going to admit that I don't understand a lick of what you just said, but I'm just going to go ahead and say "Darn, sucks that it wouldn't work because it looks great" and leave it at that. 

2 hours ago, KonaKealoha said:

Going to admit that I don't understand a lick of what you just said, but I'm just going to go ahead and say "Darn, sucks that it wouldn't work because it looks great" and leave it at that. 

We can't put it on our server because we need to load all the files but they won't release all the files.

FiveM will give you say 90% of the files you need to host on the server yourself so you can change like textures and stuff.
But the remaining 10% of files, you will never personally receive. They are streamed in seperately when you start a FiveM server. 

1 minute ago, Bala said:

We can't put it on our server because we need to load all the files but they won't release all the files.

FiveM will give you say 90% of the files you need to host on the server yourself so you can change like textures and stuff.
But the remaining 10% of files, you will never personally receive. They are streamed in seperately when you start a FiveM server. 

Ooooh sneaky sneaky. Got it. Thanks!