BobHammer

MASSIVE Robbing at Fishing Pier and Farms

You really need to do something about robbing and DMing in such public places.

Average you get robbed once in every 40 minutes and every other time robbers will kill you afterwards as well This is far from role play, robbing in front of 5-6 people(Not to consider that in roleplay sense that pier is full of people) in public place isn't something you would do in real life. People have figured out easiest way to make money is to rob where people work, but as more people start doing that, it will eventually ruin the server.

I suggest you to make these places NCZ, robbing in such public places in front of a lot of people is far from RP, this needs to change before people start to leave.

Robbers need to start thinking better places and ideas to rob people, so it would be so easy..

This is the reaction of a lot of people I know, but as this problem gets worse every day, they need to take action. So I suggest you to wait a little, I think it will be fixed quickly.

Edit: Funny that both of these legal jobs suppose to be nice and relaxing, but they are more stressful jobs than illegal ones.

Edited by BobHammer
Forgot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Already suggested about it more than twice, doe as far as I see they don't really kill you(at least not me) unless don't comply however there's 0 rp involved in those robberies and they're too public indeed

imo robberies need more stuff to rob/do in general rather than only 24/7

22 minutes ago, JackD248 said:

IC Issue, it’s PD’s fault they should patrol more so contact PD ICly about it,

higher paying jobs like farming/fishing are more risky than courier jobs  

Non-RP and DM are not IC issues.

These are not actually that not higher paying, if you consider all these robberies, it's lower paying.

Fishing pier should be a place where you can meet other people and talk with them, not be in constant survival mode, weapon drawn,.

Yesterday I had a situation where I was getting robbed, then robber was shot in the back, then that guy started to rob both of us, then 3rd guy game, shot 2nd guy and robbed all of us, does this sound like RP??

And farms are on the other side of the map, no cops around for miles, this is situation which produces a lot of Non-RP, DM and negative emotions. Many of the fishers and farmers are beginners also, things like this only push new players away.

JackD, I understand that you don't want that to change, because you're one of the players who have found this easy and non-rp way to make money.

• Like 2

I understand that people who abuse this system don't want change, but developers need to see where it takes the server in the long run. Eventually most of the people orientate for robbing public work places, which produces massive amounts of non rp, DM will lead to chaos and then it's very hard to say it's a role play server.

It's far from IC problem, things are out of hand and continue to go worse. And BTW this is real life role play simulation server, not cops and robbers, some of us just want to role play different roles.

• Like 1

Remember how you could barely use the old chop shop because the PD was always watching it? Yeah, that's what needs to happen with the farms. Literally 9/10 times there is someone robbing people at the farms and I never see PD over there. If they actually respond to the call, it takes ages and the robber has already taken everything. I'm going to start a faction that is 100% focused around protecting farmers and see if that helps at least a little bit. If the faction gets enough members, we can have the farms protected by a few armed individuals at all times. I realize there is a faction that says they protect farmers, but they are there like only 5% of the time. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, MusketDeezNuts said:

In character and record your game! They kill you after robbing? They cannot do that. Just report it. Ingame/Forums

In game reporting makes a lot of difference, haven't gotten single answer yet.

So, let's get it straight: Getting robber average 10 times a day is normal by this " roleplay " server standards?

I have played roleplay servers since SA-MP came out and I have to admit, I haven't seen so much Non-RP and rule breaking by server that calls himself real life role play.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, codyhemmelgarn said:

Remember how you could barely use the old chop shop because the PD was always watching it? Yeah, that's what needs to happen with the farms. Literally 9/10 times there is someone robbing people at the farms and I never see PD over there. If they actually respond to the call, it takes ages and the robber has already taken everything. I'm going to start a faction that is 100% focused around protecting farmers and see if that helps at least a little bit. If the faction gets enough members, we can have the farms protected by a few armed individuals at all times. I realize there is a faction that says they protect farmers, but they are there like only 5% of the time. 

To be honest situation where it needs an army to protect wheat farmers and fishers is also non-RP, constant war at calm legal jobs is not by book. I could understand this situation happening around weed farms.

But since it seems this is the way they want this server to be run, count me in.

If developers really don't see what all of this brings and don't take action soon, people will turn to alternative servers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BobHammer said:

So, let's get it straight: Getting robber average 10 times a day is normal by this " roleplay " server standards?

I have played roleplay servers since SA-MP came out and I have to admit, I haven't seen so much Non-RP and rule breaking by server that calls himself real life role play.

Used to be alot more. It actualy calmed down a bit. My suggestion. Dont go farming or fishing alone. Go roleplay someware else like public hotspots and make friends. And bring guns. And if you can. Bring big guns. When I got farming I take a fully modded SMG. And a radio to call for backup. 

Making the job areas a no crime zone for example would be bad. They actualy made it safer already by giving the farming field to youself. In the past they would wait in the bushes untill your farm is done and rob the entire field. Robbing is a big part of the server. And to counter robbers you have to get reputation

For example I got a character that is feared. People who know him do not fuck with him. And people that do have 70 people chase them with a small radio call. 

Regards

-Musketdeeznuts

Just now, MusketDeezNuts said:

Used to be alot more. It actualy calmed down a bit. My suggestion. Dont go farming or fishing alone. Go roleplay someware else like public hotspots and make friends. And bring guns. And if you can. Bring big guns. When I got farming I take a fully modded SMG. And a radio to call for backup. 

Making the job areas a no crime zone for example would be bad. They actualy made it safer already by giving the farming field to youself. In the past they would wait in the bushes untill your farm is done and rob the entire field. Robbing is a big part of the server. And to counter robbers you have to get reputation

For example I got a character that is feared. People who know him do not fuck with him. And people that do have 70 people chase them with a small radio call. 

Regards

-Musketdeeznuts

Funny suggestion, don't play if you don't have friends or bring BIG GUNS to fishing, haha. This is roleplay at its best...

There are other options to help to solve this problem, one you're suggesting is a war and there is only losers in war!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BobHammer said:

Funny suggestion, don't play if you don't have friends or bring BIG GUNS to fishing, haha. This is roleplay at its best...

There are other options to help to solve this problem, one you're suggesting is a war and there is only losers in war!

I never said dont play if you got no friends? How you got that? Where did that come from? I said go make friends and alies to protect youself. This has been the case since like forever. I will not go into this further as this is going noware on my part.

Regards

-Musketdeeznuts

Edited by MusketDeezNuts

Just now, MusketDeezNuts said:

I never said dont play if you got no friends? How you got that? Where did that come from? I said go make friends and alies to protect youself. This has been the case since like forever. I will not go into into this further as this is going noware on my part.

Regards

-Musketdeeznuts

Again, you're telling me one of the requirements is to make friends if I want to play, what if I don't want to make random friends?

I would like to know only one thing from developer/founder: Is this real life based role play server or cops and robbers based role play server? Getting answer to this question get's a conclusion for this situation and if I made a mistake, because I meant to join real life based server, what it looked to be.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BobHammer said:

I completely understand your worry but we cannot make every area a no crime zone just because you get robbed. I understand the frustration I really do! The issue we have is with players who don't want to roleplay properly thus ruining your experience; reporting them is a way to educate them. We have had a huge influx of players and not all of them understand what Eclipse Roleplay is all about. 

I would suggest to add a new job option a security service, that would be considered the same as police, medics. 

How I see it should work?

1. First there should be a job option, that every player would need to sign a joining form the same as the police, medics got.
2. The payment would be 10-15% from all the salary that the player gets from selling everything at the selling place.
3. There would always be 2-3 security guys who watches/patrol over the places 

Well it is just my opinion and don't know how realistic it is.

Just now, Denni said:

I completely understand your worry but we cannot make every area a no crime zone just because you get robbed. I understand the frustration I really do! The issue we have is with players who don't want to roleplay properly thus ruining your experience; reporting them is a way to educate them. We have had a huge influx of players and not all of them understand what Eclipse Roleplay is all about. 

Actually I'm not frustrated, but worried for server. I have been with different big role play servers since the beginning of SA-MP, I have been administrator for my native country servers for years in overall and many of my developed ideas are still being used in Sa-mp servers today. I've seen situations like this and what they can cause in a long run, I'm not here to convince you that this situation is very bad for the server, I'm here to warn you what the consequences can be.

Making it NCZ is not the only solution, if I know the team is ready to solve this problem, I'll give some good ideas.

And what considers to new players who don't know the rules and what is worst of all, players who joined the server to cause trouble: Server quiz test is built in the wrong way, we also thought this kind of test is the best way to sort out good players, but years showed that it's not as effective as it could be and we developed a test that is easy to solve for player who has read the rules, but gives away clear intentions what players is going to do in server, why he joined etc. This gives, moderator who checks the test, more idea who is the character who is sitting behind the computer, because your in-game character is not the one breaking the server rules.

Level of roleplay I see disappoints me, I really hoped to continue on the same level sa-mp was. In old days if mafia wanted to get some money fishermen earn, they would have a good plan, go to the pier with 10 black cars, 20 men and told the fishers: Every fish you sell, we get 10%. This meant no other mafia or gang couldn't fuck with them, because they were protected and everyone was happy.

What I see here is every civilian fearlessly thinks he's a badass criminal and shoots up one of the most public places for robbery without any plan what so ever. From here we can take the first idea: Only official illegal groups can rob high public places like farms, pier, other players would need admin approval (which is given depending on the experience of the group). Also, you can't do such difficult mission by yourself, minimum should be 3 players.

Also, taking out firearm should be done with /me command, and you have specify where you take the gun. Big guns can be only taken from cars, house etc.

If you guys think changing rules depending on such public places will ruin player robbing in this server, you really lack of imagination, there is so many ways and strategies to rob player, to be criminal and not to talk about simple updates you can add to servers functions to make criminals life more interesting.

I've focused a lot of time to make SA-MP servers better and work more smoothly, so I know a thing or two about it. There is much to do to make this server a good role play server.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, BobHammer said:

Actually I'm not frustrated, but worried for server. I have been with different big role play servers since the beginning of SA-MP, I have been administrator for my native country servers for years in overall and many of my developed ideas are still being used in Sa-mp servers today. I've seen situations like this and what they can cause in a long run, I'm not here to convince you that this situation is very bad for the server, I'm here to warn you what the consequences can be.

Making it NCZ is not the only solution, if I know the team is ready to solve this problem, I'll give some good ideas.

And what considers to new players who don't know the rules and what is worst of all, players who joined the server to cause trouble: Server quiz test is built in the wrong way, we also thought this kind of test is the best way to sort out good players, but years showed that it's not as effective as it could be and we developed a test that is easy to solve for player who has read the rules, but gives away clear intentions what players is going to do in server, why he joined etc. This gives, moderator who checks the test, more idea who is the character who is sitting behind the computer, because your in-game character is not the one breaking the server rules.

Your response is fantastic. I would suggest you post some suggestions on how to improve this particular problem other than NCZ. I would happily +1 any of your good ideas. How do you suggest we improve the quiz? I haven't taken the quiz in a long time so I do not know where it currently stands.

1 minute ago, BobHammer said:

Level of roleplay I see disappoints me, I really hoped to continue on the same level sa-mp was. In old days if mafia wanted to get some money fishermen earn, they would have a good plan, go to the pier with 10 black cars, 20 men and told the fishers: Every fish you sell, we get 10%. This meant no other mafia or gang couldn't fuck with them, because they were protected and everyone was happy.

What I see here is every civilian fearlessly thinks he's a badass criminal and shoots up one of the most public places for robbery without any plan what so ever. From here we can take the first idea: Only official illegal groups can rob high public places like farms, pier, other players would need admin approval (which is given depending on the experience of the group). Also, you can't do such difficult mission by yourself, minimum should be 3 players.

Also, taking out firearm should be done with /me command, and you have specify where you take the gun. Big guns can be only taken from cars, house etc.

If you guys think changing rules depending on such public places will ruin player robbing in this server, you really lack of imagination, there is so many ways and strategies to rob player, to be criminal and not to talk about simple updates you can add to servers functions to make criminals life more interesting.

I've focused a lot of time to make SA-MP servers better and work more smoothly, so I know a thing or two about it. There is much to do to make this server a good role play server.

I agree with your first paragraph here, what some of these mafias/gangs lack is the planning aspect. Not even just the farmers but let's say they want to rob a store, develop a plan, roleplay an exit route and maybe a change of cars; this would provide further roleplay instead of just turning up and robbing hte place.

I love your 10% idea, I have experienced this myself before playing on GTA V communities (in Arma 3) and it was really fun. 

Look this is ICly 

Contact PD ICly

Not everywhere can be an NCZ tbh I don’t  agree fully with NCZ’s now the server is large id rather crimes within NCZ’s be rolepleayed 100% we don’t need the pier and the farms NCZ or then we may as well say criminal rp banned 

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

But the question is do owners look at this server as a real life roleplay server or as a Cops and Robbers, after a month spent in a server I can see that the second one is way more relatable than the first one.

Yes. this is the question and I did asked it earlier and waiting for developers answer.

But so far as owners try to decide which server it is, I can try to convince them that real life roleplay server doesn't have to mean no robbing, just some actions need to take place to make it all more realistic.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.