Zion Willard

Alt-Tabbing allows you to hear conversations you wouldn't be able to

Date and time (provide timezone): 09/16/20121

Character name: Zion Willard

Issue/bug you are reporting: Alt-Tabbing allows you to hear people whispering / on the edge of voip proximity

Expected behavior:  To not be able to hear far away conversations.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: Tabbing out of the application brings all players in the general area to full voip volume, whether they be whispering or too far away for you to normally here them. 

In general, the experimental fix from February 6th worked for a few days after it was rolled out. Still, over the last few days, the issue of hearing the less than one-second cut-in of someone talking over VOIP when you enter an area with them or they start using VOIP in an area you're around has made another return.

This is a short, 20-second clip that I saved on the 22nd of February where you can hear the issue pretty distinctively when you're in an area that has a lot of people coming and going. I have more clips from days before then with the same issue. I'm not sure my video has anything to add to the alt-tabbing aspect, as I was tabbed in during the recording, but it seems like the same issue, again.

https://streamable.com/6r6cti 

If it is preferrable, I can post a separate bug report on the return of this issue.

Edited by Pazz
  • YAY 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.