Justus Adie

Ali_Fedra (169) DM, Robbery Limitations & NRP, Kurt_Frags(257) Robbery Limitations & NRP

Player(s) being reported: ID-169, ID-257

Date of interaction reported:27-08-2021

Unix time stamp from HUD:1630115963

Your character name:  Justus Adie

Specific rules broken:

Deathmatch (DM)

Deathmatching is the act of attacking a player without a proper IC motive and interaction.

Non-Roleplay (NRP)

Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay.

Robbery limitations 

Robbing someone in broad daylight.

How did the player break the rule(s)?  (300 words maximum)

I was mining oil in the middle of the day, when 169 and 257 drove up to me on a BF400. 257 Started a conversation with me because of my Santa mask, while169 took a knife out. I asked what he was doing with that knife, (I did not see that he wrote in chat) when he started to walk up to me. In a poor attempt to flee, I climbed a ladder to get away or at least stop them from getting up. When I got to the top of the ladder I realized 257 had a gun on me, so I climbed down. I got back on the ladder by mistake and after getting down and making my way to 257, about to put my hands up, 169 stabbed and killed me. I made it clear that I didn't mean to climb the ladder again before he killed me. Neither of them had masks on and there were at least 3 others on the other oil miners, as well as them robbing me in a public area and workplace. 

A heads up in the clip I am about to show, I was in a discord call with 3 other friends, who do not play eclipse rp. Two of them were playing rust and the other one was playing GTA online, hence the reason he says "Cop don't turn around". Some of the comments that were made, I had no control over.

Evidence of rule breach:

https://imgur.com/dXhowJa

https://imgur.com/GQZz6Dk

PENDING RESPONSE
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

• @Justus Adie - Justus_Adie (97) - We'd like you to answer the following question(s):
    - Please supply us with the names of the people in the discord call.
    - Why did you immediately go to /b when you were down instead of continuing the RP?
    - Why did you inform the reported parties to save their POV without listing the reason(s) you would be doing so? Are you aware of the recent announcement advising players of this change in policy? 

• [Notified In-Game] - Ali_Fedra (169) - Please explain your point of view in regard to the reported situation and provide any evidence that you may have. In addition, we'd like you to answer the following question(s):
    - Why can it be seen in the supplied evidence that you are conducting a robbery in a public location? Do you feel the oil fields are a secluded location?
    - Why can it be seen in the supplied evidence that you attacked the reporting party? Do you feel you gave him adequate time to respond?
    - Do you feel that your initial demands were valid?

• [Notified In-Game] - Kurt_Frags (257) - Please explain your point of view in regard to the reported situation and provide any evidence that you may have. In addition, we'd like you to answer the following question(s):
    - Why can it be seen in the supplied evidence that you are conducting a robbery in a public location? Do you feel the oil fields are a secluded location?
    - Why did you feel it necessary to explain to the reporting party that you were not the one who attacked him?

If the requested player(s) do not respond within 24 hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
Moderator Wolokai & Senior Support Arrta

The people in the discord call were: Boosted#1778, juicecat#1936, -_-#0069

The reason I went straight to /b is because when I was first stabbed it looked like the neck area so I was unsure if I'd be able to talk.

I told them to save their pov because 257 was aware of what happened so I figured that 169 got the hint, I was also frustrated with the situation, but will inform others in the near future if need be. I am unaware of the recent announcement but will be looking at it as soon as possible.

REPORT ACCEPTED
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

After reviewing this report and evidence attached to it, we've decided to accept this report and issue the punishments to the following player(s):

• Ali_Fedra (169) - DM, NonRP & Player Theft - Just because you did not see anyone else around the oil fields does not mean that RPly there would not be other people working there. It is a job site and we have to believe there are others around, otherwise the city would be underpopulated.
    Next, your initial demands were invalid, you pulled a knife at range of greater than 5 feet and attempted to threaten someone. Melee weapons would not be a threat to someone unless you were within distance to use them. Your demands only became valid once your partner drew his firearm, which was after the reporter was climbing the ladder.
    Finally, the reporter was attempting to respond to your demands, but due to game mechanics accidentally started up the ladder again. He immediately corrected himself and started to say so in VOIP when you decided to attack him.

• Kurt_Frags (257) - Player Theft & IC/OOC - As explained above, we have to treat job sites as populated places in order to keep up the appearance that there are others in the city than just us.
    After your partner downed the reporter you decided to mention in VOIP "you are not supposed to do that. Keep in mind I wasn't the one that hurt you." This was seen as you talking to your partner and the reporter about OOC rules/repercussions. 

• For the reporting party, also please understand that immediately pursuing /b is not necessary, but a simple PM to your intended reported party to ask them to save POV for the reasons you intend to report them for.

If you have received a punishment that you disagree with, feel free to file a punishment appeal following the punishment appeal guidelines and format. If the reporting party suffered a loss greater than $25,000 in value, feel free to file a refund request following the refund request guidelines and format.  

This report will now be locked and archived.

Regards,
Moderator Wolokai & Senior Support Arrta