Osborn

Enable /togglemask for on-duty faction members. - And remove faction colors, WHITE NAMES for everyone!

As the topic states. I would like faction members that are on duty to be able to use /togglemask.
Especially for PD, detectives & SWAT operatives would benefit from this greatly because it's quite annoying that people are able to read our nametags from afar and see who we are. SWAT already wears a helmet on their outfit. Detectives need to be able to go proper undercover. 

Also if you could allow the Special Weapons and Tactics Branch to use /ftagcolour - at the moment, only the Detective branch can use it. It beats me why MD/PD has colored names in the first place, but yeah. People should be able to tell if someone is a medic or police officer by their uniform, not nametag color.

EDIT:
On popular request -

Instead of changing with /ftagcolour, I would like colored names to be removed altogether. Everyone should have white names, no one should be identified by their name color.

Nothing in this suggestion adds anything to PD that makes them "more overpowered". 

• SWAT already has a full outfit with a helmet. There's no way that your IC character can identify which SWAT operative is who, but we still have our names flying above our heads as if the helmet & full body armor wasn't there.
  • Detectives can already go undercover and remove their faction colour (because the faction colour is OOC anyways), the only suggestion to this is to enable /togglemask so they can put on a mask.
  • You can already purchase the SWAT uniform from the clothing store.

Feel free to make your own suggestion if you'd like to see police uniforms and nitesticks being added to the game for civilians. Impersonating a law enforcement officer can be added to the penal code to tackle the issue In Character if it ever becomes one!

"It's a game" is usually where I stop reading.

Eclipse Roleplay is a heavy voice roleplay server

Light/Medium/Heavy - When it's classified as heavy, that's us trying to push as much immersion as possible. It's an RP game mode within a game, you play on here because you enjoy acting - playing a made-up character that you develop the way you want it to develop. But it's still meant to portray a realistic first world environment. It's not meant to be "fun" as a criminal to interact with the police, because the police's main mission is to fight crime and preserve order, and you probably want to create chaos.

All in all, this suggestion is simply to avoid meta-gaming. If someone has a police uniform, they're probably a Police Officer, but could also be fake. Find a way In Character to identify if it's a real officer or not. If someone is a detective, you're probably not going to know that they're police unless you find that out In Character, i.e. knowing them from previously (their face), or them giving themselves away. If someone is in full body armor & a helmet, you're only going to know that they're "a person", not who unless they speak and you recognize their voice, or unless they remove their helmet, or if they give you their name.

We also have a long way to go to push for max immersion. The judicial system, actual government, more things for criminals etc. Post suggestions, get the community to involve themselves in your suggestions, but don't go into suggestions and post "It's a game, -1" when the suggestion is just to increase realism.

• Upvote 9

Then surely civilian s should have access to police clothes and some equipment like the baton? 

I recall seeing detectives off duty as such working a case. You don't need Kevlar and an arsenal of guns to do discrete police work so if you want to be able to put masks on ,compromise with the weapons and Kevlar demands etc.

While I would agree it makes sense it's a game after all and PD can't have it all their way. The faction is OP as is. 

6 minutes ago, Phil McGee said:

Then surely civilian s should have access to police clothes and some equipment like the baton? 

I recall seeing detectives off duty as such working a case. You don't need Kevlar and an arsenal of guns to do discrete police work so if you want to be able to put masks on ,compromise with the weapons and Kevlar demands etc.

While I would agree it makes sense it's a game after all and PD can't have it all their way. The faction is OP as is. 

Ehm? What is the point of PD if everyone would have access to their weaponry, clothing and vehicles? PD is made OP because criminals outnumber us...

Nothing in this suggestion adds anything to PD that makes them "more overpowered". 

• SWAT already has a full outfit with a helmet. There's no way that your IC character can identify which SWAT operative is who, but we still have our names flying above our heads as if the helmet & full body armor wasn't there.
  • Detectives can already go undercover and remove their faction colour (because the faction colour is OOC anyways), the only suggestion to this is to enable /togglemask so they can put on a mask.
  • You can already purchase the SWAT uniform from the clothing store.

Feel free to make your own suggestion if you'd like to see police uniforms and nitesticks being added to the game for civilians. Impersonating a law enforcement officer can be added to the penal code to tackle the issue In Character if it ever becomes one!

Eclipse Roleplay is a heavy voice roleplay server

Light/Medium/Heavy - When it's classified as heavy, that's us trying to push as much immersion as possible. It's an RP game mode within a game, you play on here because you enjoy acting - playing a made-up character that you develop the way you want it to develop. But it's still meant to portray a realistic first world environment. It's not meant to be "fun" as a criminal to interact with the police, because the police's main mission is to fight crime and preserve order, and you probably want to create chaos.

All in all, this suggestion is simply to avoid meta-gaming. If someone has a police uniform, they're probably a Police Officer, but could also be fake. Find a way In Character to identify if it's a real officer or not. If someone is a detective, you're probably not going to know that they're police unless you find that out In Character, i.e. knowing them from previously (their face), or them giving themselves away. If someone is in full body armor & a helmet, you're only going to know that they're "a person", not who unless they speak and you recognize their voice, or unless they remove their helmet, or if they give you their name.

We also have a long way to go to push for max immersion. The judicial system, actual government, more things for criminals etc. Post suggestions, get the community to involve themselves in your suggestions, but don't go into suggestions and post "It's a game, -1" when the suggestion is just to increase realism.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Triple Seven said:

I loved when we had no faction color tags when rage was implemented. Detectives not being able to mask up currently is absolutely ridiculous anyway. 

+1: add faction color to not be shown in general to the suggestion? @FatherOsborn

Updated the suggestion.

5 hours ago, F@therOsborn said:

I'll remember this the next time I see an officer base jump solo from a helicopter onto 3 armed suspect s. 

I never said it was a bad idea , all I said was if you want true reality then leave the arsenal in your back pocket at home and the military grade body armour for an "undercover" detective off. 

And getting +1s from PD members only isn't the entire servers opinion.

+1 

Name colours should be removed full stop.

I think masks are also important, for example; you roll up to LSC and everyone shouts your name, if you had a mask on they wouldn't be able to say "Hey there's John, wooo John!" 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 12:35 PM, Denni said:

+1 

Name colours should be removed full stop.

I think masks are also important, for example; you roll up to LSC and everyone shouts your name, if you had a mask on they wouldn't be able to say "Hey there's John, wooo John!" 

Precisely. This is a good change for all factions and it doesn't make anyone more "overpowered", just simply tackles potential meta-gaming and makes everyone's play experience much better!

• Upvote 1

+1, name colours is MG in any faction. It would require more IC involvement to know who's employed where otherwise.

Although masks are good for SWAT or undercover detectives, I don't see why mechanics and such should wear masks( you are supposed to make yourself public and make a name for yourself as a good mech IC, you won't go breaking doors and holding up people).

On 7/15/2018 at 11:45 PM, Phil McGee said:

If you want true reality then leave the arsenal in your back pocket at home and the military grade body armour for an "undercover" detective off.

^This. Even regular officers should RP or actually have shotguns in their trunks or something, unless they equip them to go on a mission and dismiss them after. 

AND bring the helicopter sound back. You ain't stealthy IRL climbing on a general store with a helicopter LOL

Edited by \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

3 minutes ago, JackD248 said:

-1 On the toggle masks on duty, it will encourage people to commit crimes whilst on duty what will get you banned.

So, remove guns because it is encouraging people to commit deathmatching which will get you banned?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1