Aros_Limson (105) - NRP / FRP

Player(s) being reported: ID 105
Date of interaction reported: 10/JUL/2021
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1625924197

Your characters name: Roderick_Marchisio
Other player(s) involved: Donovan_Ace

Specific rule(s) broken:
9. Non-Roleplay (NRP)

• Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay.

13. Fear Roleplay (FRP)

• If a player's life is in direct danger they must RP adequate fear and comply with demands.
  • A player is not showing proper fear if they run while on foot/bike or in an unpowered vehicle and a weapon is aimed at them at close range, or if they drive into an active shootout more than once without the intent of providing cover or fleeing with it.

How did the player break the rule(s)? 
Myself and Donovan_Ace responded to a 911 call from an unknown civilian down the street. When we arrived on the scene, we noticed one masked suspect, the reported player (ID 105), jumping over a wall, clearly running away from us. When Donovan_Ace ran after the person, it was clear this player was actively running away from us as police officers. I anticipated the reported player running back to the bike that was there. When I he arrived at the bike, I pulled out my handgun, aimed it at the reported party and gave clear demands for him to not get on his bike and to not drive. As seen by the clip on 0:17, I had my handgun on the reported party for a full three seconds where his life would realistically be in danger. I find this course of action to be unrealistic as realistically speaking, I could have quite easily pulled a trigger on him causing serious bodily harm taking the firearm and the distance into account and therefore a breach of the fear roleplay rule.

In addition to that, rather than driving away in a regular fashion, the reported party decided to drive away with a wheelie, using game mechanics to gain speed faster. I find this to be a breach of the non-roleplay rule.

Evidence of rule breach: 

https://streamable.com/jljfvg

OvRWhQa.png

• Like 1

PENDING RESPONSE
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

[Notified In-Game] - Aros_Limson (105) - Please provide any video evidence you have of the incident and also explain your side of the story. Explain why you can been seen getting on the motorcycle, turning on the engine while a firearm is directly aimed at you. Do you believe this shows proper concern for your safety?

[Notified In-Game] - Donovan_Ace (10) - Do you have any recording of the event and if so please provide it.

If the requested player(s) do not respond within 24 hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
Senior Moderator Angel & Senior Support Kraah

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Kraah said:

@RoderickWould you have a version of the video in which your Voip can be heard?

Greetings,

Unfortunately I do not. Apart from clipping, this is the original footage. It seems my shadowplay does not recognize my microphone and has been doing so for the videos I've clipped for the past while. Needless to say, given the circumstances it should be very clear as to what I said. In addition, the requested POV from the reported party should also show this.

Edited by Roderick

16 hours ago, Kraah said:

@RoderickWould you have a version of the video in which your Voip can be heard?

Hello.

While it's not the most clear version, it can be heard how Marchisio was asking the driver of the vehicle to step off it. It is also clear how the weapon is aimed at the person, and he just disregarded that completely, choosing to run away. To make matters worse, it is also visible how he was wheeling during his escape, which further complicates the rule break at hand. 

Hello I am ID 10, Donovan Ace.

Unfortunately I do not have any recording. I will however provide my side of the story.

As I was partnered with the reporting party most of it will be the same. As seen at 0:04 seconds I had split off to chase the man, however as there were 2 players I made the decision to chase the one who actively had a weapon in his hand, I lost him shortly after, I went around the block, missing most of what happened.

I Didn't hear the cops talking if you look at the clip i never looked at the cops i just ran away when i heard the police sirens i think thing i thought to get on the motorcycle and run away and  you can see im new to the hole rp thing forgive me for any mistakes im trying my best 

Edited by Aros_Limson

PLAYER REPORT ACCEPTED
Thank you for submitting this player report and continued patience as this was under review, after reviewing the contents of this report. We have decided to ACCEPT this report.

ID 105 - Aros_Limson

• Non-Roleplay - Fear Roleplay

Upon the review of the report, the following is being issued to you in your admin records, these are being issued to you, with the evidence reviewed in many different footage associating the scenario, it clearly shows an officer, aiming his firearm at you at close proximity and giving you clear audible demands to get off the vehicle even before you turned the engine on, therefore you had ample of time to properly react to the event and conduct the demands. Any weapons aimed at you places you under Fear Roleplay, and you should have acted accordingly as it you characters life can be taken from you at any time. Just because the roleplaying character is a police officer, it doesn't mean he will not shoot you if you do not abide by demands given, especially if you pose any form of threats to public safety.

____

• Please make sure you are conducting yourself in a manner of good roleplay attitudes and proving yourself to be a positive member of the community.
  • We highly advice that you re-read the Eclipse Roleplay Server Rules, so that scenarios and incidents like these does not occur again in the future.

____

This decision is final unless instructed to, if you post another player report pertaining to this incident, you may be muted from posting on the forums for a temporary period. If you have received a punishment that you disagree with, feel free to file a punishment appeal following the punishment appeal guidelines and format. If the reporting party suffered a loss greater that $25,000 in value, feel free to file a refund request following the refund request guidelines and format.

Kind Regards,
Senior Moderator Angel and Senior Support @Kraah