Destuin

Brent_Lobbezoo [79], Tony_Rage [131] - (VDM, MG)

Player(s) being reported: ID 131 + 1 other
Date of interaction reported: 17/06/21
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1623941147

Your characters name: Theodore WIlliams
Other player(s) involved: 

Specific rule(s) broken:

8. Metagaming (MG)

• Metagaming is the act of relaying IC information through any method not considered IC that has the potential to change current or future roleplay scenarios or using that information. 
  • Mixing IC and OOC information without any benefit is a minor MG offense. For example, a player uses IC chat to call someone by their player ID displayed above their head.
  • Players may not have any interaction or knowledge from their alternate characters

14. Deathmatch (DM)

• Deathmatching is the act of attacking a player without a proper IC motive and interaction.
  • Prior interaction should include escalation such as a robbery or a report to the police.
  • Players may not kill victims who have complied with a plausible demand in reasonable time unless involved in severe hostile activity against them or an ally within 3 hours.
  • Players on foot should only be attempted to be hit with a vehicle once with valid motive.
  • Vehicles cannot be used as weapons in active shootouts unless where unavoidable.

How did the player break the rule(s)? 
Hi, 

So leading up to this event these guys had already stole my stuff from the oil dropoff, which I thought was a rulebreak but was informed it is not. I was informed that I do have DM rights on them however for the next three hours. So I went searching for them to get the stuff back I was owed. I found one of them here at the oil field so wanted to get my stuff back from him. In this clip you can hear the guy say to his friend through some other form of voice chat, that he is being robbed at the oil field,  as he accidently left his push to talk open during this time. His friend the miraculously arrives in perfect time. His friend the proceeds to park his car on me killing me, thus leading to the breaking of the VDM rule. I understand that with DM right and as these guys had inserted themselves in an illegal situation (robbing me) i would be able to retaliate. I understand I shot him too early, I thought he was going to make a break for it that is why I instantly stopped once I heard him talking back to me and continuing with the RP situation.

Evidence of rule breach: 

PENDING RESPONSE
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

• Tony_Rage (131) - Please provide your side of the story. In addition, please explain the following:
    - The relation and interaction before the reported situation between you and Brent_Lobbezoo (79).
    - Why it can be heard in the footage that you say "He's robbing me" at 0:09 in the evidence of the reporting party.
    - Why the decision was made not to Roleplay the injuries of the gunshot wounds.
    Present any evidence you may have.

• Brent_Lobbezoo (79) - Please provide your side of the story. In addition, please explain the following:
    - The relation and interaction before the reported situation between you and Tony_Rage (131).
    - Please explain why, according to the footage, it can be seen that the decision was made to run the reporting party over with a vehicle.

• [@Destuin] - Theodore_Williams (174) - Please present any evidence of what you believe to be a valid escalation to initiate a robbery on Tony_Rage (131).

If the requested player(s) do not respond within 24 hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
GiorgosK & Yputi

Edited by Yputi

1 hour ago, Yputi said:

• Brent_Lobbezoo (79) - Please provide your side of the story. In addition, please explain the following:
    - The relation and interaction before the reported situation between you and Tony_Rage (131).

Tony Rage and I met shortly before this occurred, we both met at the oil rigs. All of the rigs were being used so he asked if he could join in with me, and over time we developed a friendship. I was going to sell my oil barrels and I had just arrived to seeing my friend being on his knees and most likely being robbed, so I stood there trying to put the pieces together.

1 hour ago, Yputi said:

- Please explain why, according to the footage, it can be seen that the decision was made to run the reporting party over with a vehicle.

I arrived at the oil rig and I saw my friend on his knees, and I put one and one together and realised what was happening. I exclaimed "You have 10 seconds to step away from my friend before I run you over."
I did not see any weapons that could hurt me from my position, at most it would have been a knife or other similar small object. I'm new to roleplay and not used to all of the buttons so I think I pressed the wrong button before talking, shortly after with no reply I decided to run him over as he wasn't near my friend. I feared for his life and property.
In rule 13.3 it states that players may not kill victims UNLESS involved in severe hostile activity against them or an ally, therefore I believe I had all rights to protect my friend from getting robbed with a deadly weapon.

I would also like to say something to defend my friend Tony, he is still a new player and according to rule 15.3 you cannot rob a person that has ''New Player'' above their head unless they committed a crime first, which he didn't as far as I am aware. I would like to have a staff's opinion on this and an explanation from @Destuin.

1 hour ago, Destuin said:

and prior to this they took my bag from the sell point a few moments before which is why I had asked for save pov.

1. It was just laying around, it looked like the owner had lost it as it was left unattended so I took it with me as it would be a waste of money to just leave it there.
2. I believe this doesn't fall under rule 15.1 as it wasn't a robbery, it was simply picking something up from the ground that was unattended. An example of this would be someone picking up a water bottle off the ground and taking it as theirs, and then getting banned for robbery.

1 hour ago, Yputi said:

- The relation and interaction before the reported situation between you and Brent_Lobbezoo (79).

I have no idea who the guy was and did not remember who he was either.

1 hour ago, Yputi said:

- Why it can be heard in the footage that you say "He's robbing me" at 0:09 in the evidence of the reporting party.

because this was the third time that someone in the oil field area has robbed me so it was simply me saying "oh look hes robbing me". You can hear me laughing because at this point it was a joke the amount of times I was getting robbed while trying to do my job.

1 hour ago, Yputi said:

- Why the decision was made not to Roleplay the injuries of the gunshot wounds.

It completely went over my head that I had even been shot until after, due to the fact that I was still gobsmacked that a player decided to rob another player while they were doing civilian jobs, plus the fact that when I read the rules I remember seeing that a player cannot rob new players unless the new player was the aggressor in the situation, so this being my third time in the first day of the server I was quite irritated with all rights.

I guess neither of you have POV? As this could clear up the comms issue right? As stated previously I had rights as you stole my bag and car. To avoid any back and forth I will await an admins questions. Also, you said you have been robbed several times there, but you stalled RP with me massively? By saying you didn't know how to handsup etc. and then your friend managed to arrive. But if you had been robbed you would have known these cmds?

Edited by Destuin

REPORT ACCEPTED
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

After reviewing this report and evidence attached to it, we've decided to accept this report and issue the punishments to the following player(s):

• Theodore_Williams (174):
    - Spoken to about giving reasonable time to comply with demands

• Tony_Rage (131):
    Non-RP for mixing
    - Verbal warning for Fear-RP
    - Verbal warning for Metagaming

• Brent_Lobbezoo (79):
    - Vehicle Deathmatch
    - Verbal warning for Metagaming

To explain the decision of the outcome of the report, I would like to turn your attention to the provided evidence of the reporting party.
In the third video the reporting party provided, it can be seen that the reporting party is selling oil as ID 19 (same person as ID 79 later) and 131 show up. ID 131 calls the reporting party a "b*tch boy" and the reporting party ignored this. ID 19 can be seen leaving with the reporting party's bag while ID 131 stays around the car of the reporting party.
In the second video that the reporting party provided, it can be seen that an RV with player ID 19 drives away, ID 131 saying that the reporting party should chase him. The reporting party decided that it's fine and he moves on. After the reporting party unlocks the vehicle, ID 131 decided get in it. The reporting party manages to lock the vehicle and ID 131 takes off, stealing the vehicle.
In the first evidence provided by the reporting party it can be seen that the reporting party pulls a firearm on ID 131. Demands were given to put their hands up. The time between the first demand and the two shots fired from the reporting party on ID 131 was around 2 seconds. ID 131 at around 0:09 in the video says "He is robbing me". ID 131 continues to mention he is trying to put his hands up. One specific sentence that could be heard is: "I don't know how to put my hands up. I am trying, but you shot me already, so". After some more talking about putting hands up, the reporting party explains ID 131 the command to put their hands up. ID 131 proceeds to execute this command and has his hands up. More demands were made towards ID 131 after his hands were up, the reporting party explaining again what command to use. At 1:00 the reporting party does the Roleplay of searching ID 131, taking some of his stuff. At 1:50, ID 131 gets told to unlock their car. ID 131 asks "How do I get up?". At 2:02 a white Warrener can be seen entering the area, ID 79 (ID 19 previously) being the driver. The reporting party holds his firearm again towards the approaching vehicle. The reporting party tells the vehicle that entered the area to move along. Meanwhile, the reporting party provides ID 131 of the command again to stand up. ID 131 gets told again to unlock the vehicle, which he does at 2:34. At the very same moment, ID 79 accelerates straight into the reporting party and drives over him. Once on top, the vehicle stops, reverses a little and accelerates again. Once ID 79 reverses back of the reporting party again, the reporting party ends up being injured. The evidence finishes with ID 131 saying: "Nice one".

Theodore_Williams
The time that was given for ID 131 to comply with your demands is not considered reasonable. ID 131 had no chance of following any instructions that were given before getting shot. As seen in the evidence, the time given was around 2 seconds. Especially for New Players such situations can be overwhelming and they need some time to find the right commands to execute. Therefor it has been decided that a "spoken to about giving reasonable time to comply with demands" will be given.

Tony_Rage
The answer given on the question: "Why it can be heard in the footage that you say "He's robbing me" at 0:09 in the evidence of the reporting party." is that this situation would have been the third time you were getting robbed in the oil field area. You were heard laughing after being shot 2 times. This showed an unrealistic situation where no fear was shown for the deadly weapon aimed at you from close range and there was no decision made to Roleplay any injuries. The reason given for not Roleplaying injuries is that you did not realize and that you believe a player with the "new player" tag can not be robbed. As seen in the evidence provided by the reporting party, a vehicle was stolen from the reporting party by you. This means that the "new player" tag will not protect you from the victim of your theft. During the whole situation, comments kept being made about not knowing how to perform certain actions that realistically a person should know. Those comments kept being made over VOIP, which should only be used for In-character content. 
For the mentioned reasons, the player will receive verbal warnings for Fear-RP and a punishment for Non-RP due to the unrealistic situation that was Roleplayed.

Brent_Lobbezoo
The answer given on the requested explanation for the reason of running the reporting party over with a vehicle is that you noticed your friend being robbed. You mentioned saying: "You have 10 seconds to step away from my friend before I run you over.". During the reviewing of the evidence, nothing could have been heard by the reporting party. You also stated pressing the wrong button before talking, which would have caused the reporting party not being able to hear you.
Players are required to have a valid In-character motive to attempt to hit a person that is on foot with a vehicle once. In the provided evidence it can be seen that the reporting party was getting ran over with the vehicle. However, the evidence showed more than 1 attempt. For this reason, A Vehicle deathmatch punishment will be applied.

Tony_Rage & Brent_Lobbezoo
Both got asked to explain any relation and previous interaction between each other. Brent_Lobbezoo mentions that both met at the oil rigs and that they developed a friendship over time. This friendship was part of the in-character motive to justify the action of running the reporting party over.
Tony_Rage mentions not knowing Brent_Lobbezoo at all. 
At 0:06 of the first video that was provided at evidence, it can be heard that a person says "I am heading there" on the background as Tony_Rage has his VOIP still turned on. This was followed up by a comment made at 0:09 stating: "he is robbing me". As the reporting party opens the inventory of Tony_Rage at 1:32 it can be seen that Tony_Rage has no radio equipped or in the inventory in general.
Due to the mentioned reasons above, it is decided to give both players a verbal warning for metagaming. Players should not communicate to eachother using out of character sources. 

If you have received a punishment that you disagree with, feel free to file a punishment appeal following the punishment appeal guidelines and format. If the reporting party suffered a loss greater than $25,000 in value, feel free to file a refund request following the refund request guidelines and format. 

Regards,

GiorgosK & Yputi