adsta_lynx

Kris Boyd [286] - Ruleplaying

Player(s) being reported: Kris Boyd ID 286
Date of interaction reported: 03/05/2021.
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1620018251

Your character name: Adam Lynx
Other player(s) involved: Irish, Kudo Kai

Specific rule(s) broken:
6. Ruleplaying

Purposefully using, manipulating or interpreting rules or rulings falsely or outside of its intention, in an unrealistic or unintended way that does not constitute quality or realistic RP standards.

9. Non-Roleplay (NRP)

Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay.

13. Fear Roleplay (FRP)

Fear RP is showing appropriate care and concern to preserve your character's safety and life.
If a player's life is in direct danger they must RP adequate fear and comply with demands.

How did the player break the rule(s)?  (300 words maximum)

Kudo were setting up an ambush point to attack us before heading up north to look for us. We were aware of there hostile intentions towards us due to having there frequency. We had there frequency and met up with them on the highway, ID 286 proceeds to brakecheck one of our vehicles before sitting on the highway shouting "Do it" "do something then" when told we will kill him for earlier actions. We set off again where he then drove next to us shouting "do it" he then parks up again and starts trash talking knowing it is a public highway baiting a public robbery. He does this a further 2 times, the last time when he is parked we jump out and draw weapons in an attempt to give demands, he then drives forwards ten metres, then reverses back and parks up again after knowing we will be unable to give demands from that distance. He knew our intentions but continued to act like nothing was happening whilst actively talking on frequency to try and get an ambush set up again. We then have an hour long chase through the city with multiple brake checks and most of the time driving at the speed limit. The final one was where he parks on a hill, knowing we can all see him but knowing we cant do anything as we were still unable to give demands even though he is fully aware of our hostile intentions and that we have pulled weapons and attempted to give demands previously. The ruleplaying during this incident truly ruined the RP experience for myself and others and was clearly a deliberate act showing that this player does not want to roleplay and only wants to ruleplay. 

Evidence of rule breach:
Brake check 1:
https://streamable.com/g21qp4
Brake check 2:
https://streamable.com/1fs4bs

Parking on the highway 1 - tells us to hop out and kill him
https://streamable.com/i9k282
Parking on the highway 2 - This is after we have said we will kill him
https://streamable.com/tpv1dj
Parking on the highway 3 - Discussing an ambush, infront of us after we said we will kill him
https://streamable.com/9gi2yr
Parking on the highway 4 - Sees us pull weapons and get out of the car in an atempt to give demands, he drives forwards so we cannot give demands, then reverses back like nothing has happened. 
https://streamable.com/ixew18

Parking up outside rising sun HQ - Not sure if this was to get "organic backup"
https://streamable.com/u4jy92

Driving like he isnt being chased
https://streamable.com/j3zcmb
https://streamable.com/u3go17

• Like 7
  • polarcop 2

I am in a big truck. The max speed of my truck is like 170 kph. I am being followed by numerous sports cars and motorbikes. I know I cannot outspeed you. I also know that I am a terrible driver who constantly stalls and does not want to be in chases. I drove consistently OVER the speed limit (not once did I go <100 unless I turned a corner, and have POV of this), but did not go flat out because that increases my chances of stalling, and as you know we were considering a set up that I needed to buy time for. So, I was driving fast enough to keep you off me, but not so fast that I would lose control and crash. Why should I go 170kpm (my max speed) when I'm being chased by a kamoda that goes 200kph plus? I can't outrun you man... Theres literally no benefit to going flat out and actually it increases my chance of dying. 

As for the fearRP, as soon as I was given demands I darted off as fast as possible and didn't return to the scene. I continued to drive away from you for the next 30 minutes until my car was shot up (being dealt with in a seperate report for DM). Why are we only considering your hostility? You were aware of my hostile intentions as I tried to set up a robbery on your members, and so you would be aware that the 4 in my car were armed. Perhaps I wasn't afraid of you because we had people on the highway ready to fight and I was also armed. Why do you not consider this? You can see in your POV on the highway that the yellow shirts outnumber the green (4 in contender, 3 in Kamoda and 2 on bikes shown in your POV = atleast 9, plus more on their way). I am not the type of person to run from your confrontation or threats, especially when my vehicle is outclassed and you asked me to pull up "wait up g". So I did, I waited up cause I'm genuinely not afraid of your squad.  However, rather than take open confrontation on the highway (which is stupid ICly and NonRP) we called on radio for our boys to leave and go begin to set up ( "Old Farm HQ" as you misunderstood). As we make this call, you give copy pasted demands (notice the "v" posted in chat, before it is corrected to your demands) and I leave and take you on a chase while our people prepare.

Regarding brake checks - this is me trying to TURN corners and juke you. Look at "brake check 2" I try to turn to the right and the bike drives right in to my path, so i turn away to not hit him. You guys keep asserting I was trying to ram your boy on the bike but I deliberately changed paths to NOT hit him. And anyway, your convoy is faster than my truck and would have no issues catching up, so why is a fragile bike, bifta and sports car driving so far up the arse of a truck that you have seen to drive erratically? Maybe you should give me some space.

Regarding stopping at "rising sun HQ" - personally I have absolutely no connection or friends in Rising Sun. Infact, I was only being chased by one sultan at this point with 1 occupant and I was considering flipping on him and robbing him (4 beats 1). The location was by total chance, and not a conscious decision looking for backup. Before I could decide, the kamoda and the rest of the Irish + friends fleet arrived so I continued trying to run. 

I would invite the admins taking this to ask as many questions as they'd like because I am certain of my innocence here. Also, I would invite Adam to ask as many questions as he can to understand why I acted the way I did. Personally, I do not believe I was ruleplaying. I was forced in to a losing scenario ("100k or die") and did all that a contender can do vs sports cars and motorbikes until the DM that ended the chase. I actually think that your crew were guilty of non-RP if anything ( "chase" for no reason, "100k or die" with no appropriate build up, AK on highway, death threats at bayview, convoying etc), but I understand this report is not the place to deal with that so instead I will defend myself against any questions asked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simply, I pulled over on to the highway because this was the first time I heard your "times up" shout referring to the "100k tax or die" malarkey and I chose to confront you with words. When I was given demands I fled and did not return. I drove well above the city speed limit for the entire duration of the chase. Please do not misinterpret or twist my actions to suit your ruleplaying narrative.

Edited by KrisBoyd
  • Like 1

PENDING REVIEW
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Hi there! Thank you for submitting this player report.

This report will now be pending review by myself and @Puzzling. During this time, we ask that you please refrain from any back-and-forth in this report between anyone involved.

Regards,
jason & Puzzling

• Like 1

PENDING RESPONSE

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

• @KrisBoyd - Kris_Boyd (286) - Can you explain why, while you were parked up on the highway near Pauls Farm (https://streamable.com/ixew18), you backed up when the person went back to the car with his heavy weapon out instead of just driving away?

• [Notified In-Game] - Adam_Lynx (292) Lucas_Woo (60) - What is your reasoning for pulling out multiple heavy weapons on the side of a highway?

• [Notified In-Game] - Lucas_Woo (60) - What is your reasoning for using Copy/Paste demands?

If the requested player(s) do not respond within 24 hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
Puzzling
jason 

• Like 1

@PuzzlingI can't tell you the exact reason I drove back, because this scene happened more than 2 days ago now and so isn't fresh. However, from many meetings with the late night crew of Irish , I have learned that they often do this "flinch" thing that I have been accustomed to; they hop out cars with guns not actually planning to do anything so that you "flinch" and drive off. Then they come and shit talk. I "flinch" and then reverse when he runs back in to his car and no demands have been given. Part of the reason that I didn't just run is because I believe I/ we were as much, if not more, of a threat than this single guy (as well as all of Irish at the scene). I was fully prepared to fight them on the highway should they force it (which they tried to do). I believe we had more numbers at the scene and so stood a good chance of winning. We weren't just sitting in silence waiting for Irish to slip up to bait a report, we were actively responding to the conversation initiated by Irish. I dont have to run from them when we outnumber them and are geared to fight, as they fully understood being on our freq (not only this, we had initially planned to lead them to sea labs but our scouts found out 6/7 were there and we decided against forcing 67 in to backing us, in favour of dealing with it ourselves elsewhere with an ambush). I had 4 armed people in my car alone ready to fire back. How does one man give demands to 4 armed people with no immediate backup or care for his own life? It is reasonable to assume he would die instantly if 4 people shot back from the car at him as he stood without cover on the highway. If we were not in the contender, and rather standing on the street with our guns out (as they RPly were in the car), would a man approaching 4 armed gang members and giving demands not be considered ruleplaying as he is clearly trying to bait out DM rights for his allies via a reaction from us? I would like to reinforce that as soon as the copy pasted "OUT THE CAR AND HANDS UP RETARD" demand was given and more Irish members hopped out the kamoda with heavies, I was off like a bullet (as fast as I can while being blocked by a $500k+ classic sports car) and did not turn back now that I was sure this wasn't a game of "flinch". I think my reaction is reasonable given the wider circumstances and my history with these exact members of Irish (except that Lucas Woo and Al Romano aren't in Irish and a recent ruling by Jason on Lucas Woo's relationship with Irish states "I mean a PERSON. Not a few friends who are interested in joining, this would be considered a group and will absolutely not be accepted as a loophole answer to situations where that applies in the future" regarding non-F4 members on freq... Yet the pov provided shows both Al and Lucas on Irish freq regardless). Upon being given demands, we made the split second decision to not fight at Pauls Farm on a highway because of SD presence (seen in the POVs) and the area favouring your heavies over our .50s. Instead, our members left the scene and went to set up an ambush elsewhere.

Source for backup ruling: 

Edited by KrisBoyd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, adsta_lynx said:

We then have an hour long chase through the city with multiple brake checks and most of the time driving at the speed limit.

Before its asked for, here is footage of 10 mins of the city chase. Please explain how this footage aligns whatsoever with the claim I was "driving at the speed limit". This is why I feel like the report is twisted to suit a particular narrative.

Edited by KrisBoyd

What is your reasoning for pulling out multiple heavy weapons on the side of a highway?

As you can see from the footage provided, this situation had taken well over 15 minutes. There intentions before setting off was to actively hunt my Komoda and Symeres Bifta, that is why they were going up north and had previously shown there setup spot. They had full checks on radio and was told if they didn't attend the fight they would be kicked from the gang. There intentions were to find us and kill us.

They had clear intentions that they wanted to kill myself and symere, they went out knowing they were going to fight. 

This is why I raised this report of ruleplaying, because knowing all of this information Kris decided to pull up on the side of a highway knowing that he could bait a public robbery/shootout report and actively sit there shouting "Do something then" which is mixing knowing that we cant do anything instead of correctly Rping the situation. 

Whilst on the highway there was plenty of escalation, we were the ones who informed everyone about the PD presence. His life was threatened yet drove around in circles and parked on the highway 3 times. There is clear hostile intentions here, just because demands hadn't been given at this point due to the ruleplaying does not rule out the fact that his life was directly in danger. 

At the point where we pulled heavy weapons, this was after 15 minutes of shit talking on the highway saying we wouldn't do anything. There was more than enough escalation to warrant the use and to show force and to show that he should be fearing for his life as previously one heavy had been pulled but he returned back again, I believed if multiple heavies were shown then the driver would get the picture and it worked. The reason people were hopping out with there weapons drawn but not giving demands is because he was driving just far enough away to not be able to give them, then casually drive back knowing we didn't have DM rights to initiate the fight. Why did Kudo have all the intentions and hostility to kill us before suddenly pulling up on the highway but then chose to stay there instead of moving to a more secluded area to prove there point? Instead on this report it seems Kris is playing the victim card and stating we were just rolling around to kill kudo.

We had more than enough reason to chase you, and infact your intentions before setting off was to find us anyway! 

Full check and being told they will be kicked if they dont turn up to fight

https://streamable.com/frl2wx

Actively looking for my Komoda and the bifta

https://streamable.com/i2ia2p

Setting up at old farm HQ for when they found us

https://streamable.com/tdr2la

Actively heading out north in an attempt to find us, we had the same weapons as when we previously interacted with them. Nothing had changed on our side.

https://streamable.com/91xiwp 

1:15 to 1:40 is a clear example of where you were not acting like you were being chased in your video. 

In the evidence above it is very clear the intentions they had on all members in the komoda and the bifta. Given the context now provided I believe this strongly shows how ID 286 was ruleplaying, Going from actively hunting us down to sat on a public highway so they could trash talk knowing we could not do a thing taunting us saying we wont do anything knowing we are on a public highway minutes after they were actively talking about hunting us. It just doesn't make much sense rply and doesnt show correct fear for his characters life. 

Posting this on behalf of Lucas_Woo as he does not have access to his computer as he has some IRL stuff going on at the moment. He has sent me the following response and asked me to post it on his behalf. You can confirm with him if needed. 

Hello first off thanks Puzzling and Jason for investigating this report. 

What is your reasoning for using Copy/Paste demands?

My reasoning for this is because each time I had attempted to get out to give demands by the time I had my weapon drawn and was able to type the other party would simply drive far enough away to where I could not give demands so I typed out some demands and had them ready so that when I had the opportunity I could give demands as quickly as possible, this was also due to how long the situation on the highway had been going on and the amount of rule play that had occurred. I knew there intentions on myself from being on there frequency and had heard them talk about trying to rob me after robbing a bank  and of them pre planning ambush spots to try and take us to. I also knew they were actively looking for us and going up north to search for us. 

What is your reasoning for pulling out multiple heavy weapons on the side of a highway?

Before taking any weapon out I had personally told Kris that I would get out of the vehicle and take his life, His response was "do it fucking do it"  We had attempted to give demands several times, each time with the reported party driving away. He had goaded us for a solid 5 minutes stating we would not do anything. He did not look to be fearing for his or any of his passengers lives so I took the decision to pull my heavy weapon out to intimidate the reported party and to get the message across that we were serious about wanting to take his and his passengers lives for what had been said on there frequency.

We were looking for you, as Irish had robbed us to get freq and we knew you had $$$ from a bank. You were looking for us for your "tax". Then we found each other on the highway and you shouted "times up", so I pulled over instantly to deal with the situation then and there. The location was pure coincidence. If you wanted to fight there, we were ready; we had more people there and are not afraid of you (https://streamable.com/tpv1dj 0:51 in this clip provided by Irish, Symere mentions "theres literally 10 of you here", meaning we outnumber Irish). Calling it rule playing and mixing is looking too deep in to it. If anything, you chose highway as the location, and Kudo chose to reposition somewhere less obvious through our ambush setup. You told us at Bayview infront of their staff and CCTV that we had 1 hour or else you'd "wipe" us "anywhere" (https://imgur.com/a/LjyuqcI). You were the ones initiating in public, baiting DM rights on the basis of a "tax" that had no build up or reasoning. 

Regarding Lucas' response PFA a ruling by Admin Westy stating "Please note that having a heated argument with an individual is not enough to initiate such a risky robbery in such a public place." 

I would also like to point out the claim you had attempted to give demands multiple times is not true. The one copy pasted demand is the ONLY demands given throughout the entire scenario. And the moment where the man steps out alone and runs forward to "flinch" us is the only time where demands could have been given, but weren't as the guy just runs back to his car. Sorry for back and forth but the info just wasn't true.

Edited by KrisBoyd
  • Like 1

REPORT ACCEPTED

After reviewing this report and evidence attached to it, we've decided to accept this report and issue the punishments to the following player(s):

• Kris_Boyd (286) - Warning | Spoken to about FearRP in regards to calling bluffs on hostile threats due to prior experiences.

@KrisBoyd Our only issue with the situation was when you reversed back after the driver pulled out his weapon and approached the vehicle. If they get out of the vehicle and pull a gun out, that is plenty reason to make you drive off instead of reversing back into potential danger.

The reported party was in a very large truck being chased by sports cars, there is no reason for them to try to outrun you all by driving at high speeds. They were still attempting to drive away while being pursued.

As for the ruleplaying accusations regarding the pulling over on the highway, he explained himself with reasoning that we find acceptable. As he stated, when given demands, he fled and did not attempt to speak with you or stop again.

If you have received a punishment that you disagree with, feel free to file a punishment appeal following the punishment appeal guidelines and format. If the reporting party suffered a loss greater than $25,000 in value, feel free to file a refund request following the refund request guidelines and format. 

Regards,
jason & Puzzling

• Like 2