Spergburger

Ideas to help make fishing and boats more popular

So in my limited amount of hours on FiveRP one thing that stood out to me was how well they did fishing. On their server you can fish from a variety of different spots, as well as fish from boats and store the fish in boats. My suggestion is that we use something similar to this system. Fishing drop offs could be added at the end of some docks or boat launches, and the fishing areas accessible by boat could have more valuable fish, therefore rewarding the people who invested in a boat. I believe this would help make boats more appealing, especially if there are more added and their prices are rebalanced since currently they seem to expensive, and it would help make fishing more popular as well as give people new things to do and new reasons to go to underused parts of the map, since that place might now have their favorite fishing spot. On FiveRP there were groups of people that acted as fishing companies, and would work their way up to a fleet of boats for fishing, and I believe that we could have the same thing on our server if these changes were made. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Yes, bring fishing back alive. We need to focus on things like this and other features for civilians (and others, but mostly civilians) to enjoy! I support this suggestion, thank you for posting it! There's not much to do as a civilian right now in the server, and if you're new and don't have any friends that play, you grind a job like trucking, courier or money transporter but you don't get that social interaction RP that fishing brought when the pier used to be full. No social interaction RP other than constantly being robbed by already established players could lead to someone quitting the server. So yes! Add this.

Edited by FatherOsbornHD
  • Like 2

+1.  Currently, your first hours on the server are more than likely grinding courier/trucker/money transporter until you get an application accepted or a criminal approaches you to join a gang.  Lawful civilian RP is extremely lacking and honestly not really there unless you're in a faction like one of the mechanics, Weazel or DCC.

Hell, it would offer more opportunities for criminals as well.  Robbing fishing boats?  I'm Captain Jack Sparrow, now.

Absolutely +1!

I'm all for encouraging more civilian interaction. And going from this thread the issue of people just ganging up to take out new and existing civilians constantly has been an on going issue since atleast April that has caused people to leave. Bring on more incentive for people to choose the civilian path!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.