Andor

What i think is wrong with the server ( non technical )

I love that we can have an argument, but in the end of day, we realise that we’re all human. Although this community has its flaws, it’s much less toxic compared to other RP communities. We’ll always have some people, who aren’t the best RP’ers, and some who are heavy RP’ers, but people improve with the time. I’d just love to see things like restaurants, bartenders etc. 

8 hours ago, BallinByNature said:

Remember when you said the server was dead a few months ago, and we just hit 100 players this weekend again? We're clearly growing & improving and its really sad to see your negativity spawning up in yet another rant post to the community rather than spending the time on productive RP ideas that you're so concerned there's a lack of.

1. This thread is my opinion and I wanted to let people know the issues I have with the server and how I and many people who I spoken with experiance changes in the comunity. 
2. More players who just grind money and dont have RP is not better RP
3. rage means nothing? No content wise it means nothing. It is a new car, a better car but still a car. You missed the point I made.
4. But you just stay in your echo chamber and enjoy the time you have with you and your friends and ignore what others find well thought out points made. 

3 hours ago, M_T said:

This thread turned toxic quickly.

The issue here is that people are taking things other people say out of context. So let's just all calm down and have a nice polite debate.

That was the intention, thank you

On 4/18/2018 at 4:17 AM, Andor said:

1. This thread is my opinion and I wanted to let people know the issues I have with the server and how I and many people who I spoken with experiance changes in the comunity. 
2. More players who just grind money and dont have RP is not better RP
3. rage means nothing? No content wise it means nothing. It is a new car, a better car but still a car. You missed the point I made.
4. But you just stay in your echo chamber and enjoy the time you have with you and your friends and ignore what others find well thought out points made. 

You're entitled to that opinion, as are the rest of the community members who may agree or disagree with you, but I am just pointing out that you have no basis or facts to back up your claims other than an anecdotal video which has been resolved through players / staff already in the past. Your "opinion" gets posted in the form of a negative pessimistic rant every 3-4 months and its my opinion that the community doesn't benefit one bit from it. 

Make the suggestion that we should have more RP hubs, make the suggestion for an event idea to increase RP, run an event yourself, sure. However, saying the server is "going downhill" because you found 1 video of a guy who got DM'd which wasn't related to you what so ever, and calling the admins "half assed" while basically stating the only thing they could improve upon was "response times" which are very quick in most cases there's an admin online, is simply a couple baseless and insulting claims. 

Things are bad in your opinion. We get it. Making giant threads about it doesn't make it true though. No one treated you like you can't have an opinion but did you expect to make a forum thread and not get a response?

You act as if we don't have tons of new features on Rage already and that we're not building more. Content wise it means EVERYTHING. It's not just a car its a Model T vs a fully modifiable modern vehicle. If you don't like the development of the server thats fine and dandy but 99% of the population is extremely happy with our transition to rage and you're more than welcome to download GT MP and try crashing 15 times in an hour again. I personally love Rage MP. The transition was well worth the wait and effort put in. I don't think anyone in this community would go back to GT MP even if they HAD to. You couldn't pay me to play a GT MP server again after this. While your entitled to your opinion on speed of development, you're just flat out wrong in saying Rage means nothing.

We get that you want things to happen for you over night but this post changes nothing in terms of development speed or direction. What improves that is positive ideas not arbitrary changes like with how admins answer reports (which isn't an issue afaik, please provide me with an instance where response times were an issue if you have one.) when you're no more knowledgeable about how admins deal with things than a brand new player.

Your ideas are probably rooted in some agreeable idea that we all want better RP but being a toxic negative person, calling an entire community "downhill" calling an entire staff team "half assed" and claiming your opnion is the opinion of all criminal groups is both unhelpful in terms of the problem but also probably discourages new players from investing time here after reading. There's nothing wrong with response times but if I was looking into a new game server and saw this rant on there about admin response times I would assume there was an issue with it - Yet there most certainly isn't. Same can be said about anything. If you post these negative dramatic forum posts, it puts people off. 

Now with that being said, no one locked your thread, no one told you not to share your opinion, no one stopped you from playing the game so please quit with the "i'm like a jew in nazi germany" discord comments, or posting pictures of journalists being beheaded replacing my icon with the be headers face and putting yours as the beheaded victim. You are being absolutely more dramatic than anyone cares to buy into. This is a game and me not agreeing with your opinion and sharing why I know you're wrong about your claims isn't comparable to murder, terrorism, or genocide. You're not even being silenced in any way.

There is more roleplay, and I already stated roleplay both has improved and will continue to improve as we progress as a community like we've been doing, and there is plenty of evidence out there suggesting that RP is important to all groups on this server when that wasn't necessarily true at all times before. We will be continuing to put out ideas, this post is in no way saying we're not listening and not going to add anything else to the server, but posting that things are opposite of how they are is misleading and untrue. RP has never been better than it is today, while it is still in an early stage and has plenty of room to progress and improve, we aren't going down hill in any sense of the phrase.

As to the last comment, my "echo" chamber... think what you want but I literally have an open inbox to the entire community, and do my best to answer everyones questions comments or concerns, even yours! Yes, I do enjoy playing here and a big part of that is the quality roleplayers I surround myself with for sure. This community wouldn be what it is without its outstanding people. I roleplay with nearly every member of the community through IC events and just hagning around as well. In no way am I ignoring you, infact I spent the time to write out both of these responses. Just because I don't agree with you that the server is doomed doesn't mean we're not working to continuously progress as a server, staff team, and community every single day.

Thanks for your thoughtful opinions Andor, but please feel free to post concrete suggestions that would be a solution to the problem in the future rather than making blanket statements that the server is doomed, staff doesn't do their job, community is "sour" or upset in just the same way you are, etc. 

Ballin I feel from this post and more the previous post that you think im attacking you or the higher ups running the server for being bad.

I also feel because of this you disregard the things I say as falsehoods. I have made multiple possible threads where I said things about the economy for example. I only bring up these points because I love the comunity and I want it to grow. If everyone just says of this is good and this is good aswell and ignores the issues that might not spring to the front then those issues linger longer then they should.
I know that a comunity as big cant die overnight, but if small things keep pushing away small groups of players and the new players that we bring in have a big hurdle to climb over to feel like they are 100% intergrated into the comunity its an issue I like to bring up.
I feel like we want the same thing but have differnt viewpoints on many issues and instead of disliking eachother ( i have hate for you what so ever. Hell I even would praise you for the amount of time you put in the comunity ) we should have a discussion. 
Sadly I feel like people talk with their heart and dont look at certain things objectivly, or with a understanding of certain processes or mechanics. I might be 100% wrong but this is the feeling I get. 
Also yes im aware im not able to see behind the curtains but this is one thing you cannot blame me for, yesterday I had a talk about this topic with @flucifial on discord even we had a differnt outlook on many things we came to a understanding of eachothers points. 

To adres a few things you said in your post I would like to say you claim that I only bring one clip of a guy getting dmed. We all know there are people in the server that break rules and make RP less fun for others and I could dig up 20 clips or reports to prove a point. Rather I just get one example and move on. Next point, im not being negative, im sharing my and others perspective. This perspective can differ from yours and by reading it as a point of few you could learn where certain issues you may not face lay within the comunity. This is what I meant by being in a echo chamber, only looking it from your perspective doesnt mean you know everything. 
Next point, my point of the admin team doing half assed is not an attack on the members of the admin team and I feel like I explained pretty well why that is. Seperating admin duty and a RP character in my opinion is a good thing. You cant have the best of both worlds, and thats what I meant by half assed. 

About the whole rage situation. I would like to ask, we had a big update in the criminal update correct? This is in my opinion a content update, what else was added that came close to this? 

About the RP situation. Again its from you and the people you spoken to, how come that the people I spoke to have a opinion thats completly differnt then your group? I feel by just dismissing this means you are missing out on a other opertunity to learn how to improve the server.

Mucho lovo, andorino

3 hours ago, Andor said:

Ballin I feel from this post and more the previous post that you think im attacking you or the higher ups running the server for being bad.

I also feel because of this you disregard the things I say as falsehoods. I have made multiple possible threads where I said things about the economy for example. I only bring up these points because I love the comunity and I want it to grow. If everyone just says of this is good and this is good aswell and ignores the issues that might not spring to the front then those issues linger longer then they should.
I know that a comunity as big cant die overnight, but if small things keep pushing away small groups of players and the new players that we bring in have a big hurdle to climb over to feel like they are 100% intergrated into the comunity its an issue I like to bring up.
I feel like we want the same thing but have differnt viewpoints on many issues and instead of disliking eachother ( i have hate for you what so ever. Hell I even would praise you for the amount of time you put in the comunity ) we should have a discussion. 
Sadly I feel like people talk with their heart and dont look at certain things objectivly, or with a understanding of certain processes or mechanics. I might be 100% wrong but this is the feeling I get. 
Also yes im aware im not able to see behind the curtains but this is one thing you cannot blame me for, yesterday I had a talk about this topic with @flucifial on discord even we had a differnt outlook on many things we came to a understanding of eachothers points. 

To adres a few things you said in your post I would like to say you claim that I only bring one clip of a guy getting dmed. We all know there are people in the server that break rules and make RP less fun for others and I could dig up 20 clips or reports to prove a point. Rather I just get one example and move on. Next point, im not being negative, im sharing my and others perspective. This perspective can differ from yours and by reading it as a point of few you could learn where certain issues you may not face lay within the comunity. This is what I meant by being in a echo chamber, only looking it from your perspective doesnt mean you know everything. 
Next point, my point of the admin team doing half assed is not an attack on the members of the admin team and I feel like I explained pretty well why that is. Seperating admin duty and a RP character in my opinion is a good thing. You cant have the best of both worlds, and thats what I meant by half assed. 

About the whole rage situation. I would like to ask, we had a big update in the criminal update correct? This is in my opinion a content update, what else was added that came close to this? 

About the RP situation. Again its from you and the people you spoken to, how come that the people I spoke to have a opinion thats completly differnt then your group? I feel by just dismissing this means you are missing out on a other opertunity to learn how to improve the server.

Mucho lovo, andorino

First of all, i'm not personally offended nor do I care to hold a grudge against you (or any player) over a forum post or two, but I will say your post is short sighted and disrespectful. I can't understand how you don't think calling the staff team "half assed" doesn't at minimum appear to be an attack, and while it may not be aimed at me, I will defend the countless hours of VOLUNTEER work and effort that the staff team puts in every single day and make it known that you're wrong about how your suggestions would manifest in terms of changing the admin team. Being able to fluidly transition between roleplay and answering a report, as I mentioned, both gives players quicker access to admins, faster response times, and allows admins to not feel like they manage their time. Foricng them to choose between their admin duties (which there isn't always reports to handle) and enjoying RP (they are players too) will not provide benefits to the community and diminish the motivation and effort put toward admin duties as a whole. My question is, is there even an issue that this would resolve or is it an arbitrary change? Have you ever ran into a situation where an admin didn't handle a situation properly because he left to go RP in the middle of a situation? At the end of the day, the reality is, roleplay comes and goes, reports come and go, there is never a time where it's certain there will be an endless supply of either to focus on, and as such we allow flexibility for our staff to deal with a dynamic environment. 

You continue to bring up the fact that i'm "dismissing", "disregarding" or "ignoring" your ideas, however I've mentioned SEVERAL times in both posts that opportunity to improve is great and something we are working on constantly. I might not give lengthy thoughtful replies to each of your suggestions but the suggestions thread is monitored and considered. Again, you're not being dismissed, you're not being silenced, you're not being mistreated in anyway though you continue to act like it.

What issues are being ignored??? You haven't even brought up an issue other than RP quality, which again is being improved constantly, and we have a new rule book edition being published to the community in the near future. In no way are we "complacent" with the server nor saying we're not putting effort into our continuous improvement. You're trying to take my disagreement as if I am against all forms of change or something when i've clearly stated we probably agree on the fact that RP quality can improve greatly but that it's your disrespectful and dramatic delivery that I disagree with. I don't mean disrespectful toward me either, I won't be losing any sleep or anything, but as head of administration team I will provide insight on all the hard work that is being done which you don't seem to give any credit for in any of these rant posts you regularly post.

You say you can find more evidence... literally you can go to ANY roleplay server and find examples of people not role playing or violating a rule. It's part of how they function. In no way does 1 video, or 20 videos compiled over a period of time, indicate that the server is in a tailspin. If anything, it might indicate we need a stricter entry process, but it's certainly not caused by admins being able to answer reports / questions by switching between RP and admin duties, nor the fact that we banned cyber hackers who were sharing community members personal information in a faction discord. It's certainly not because we are on Rage MP either. Your original base we can agree on but your suggestions have no relation to it and just appear to be the thoughts of a pessimistic person.

Your idea for a solution is a conversation between us... but you never reached out via PM and I already mentioned my inbox is open to all including you.

It was your choice to post this thread and use this platform... not mine. Feel free to PM me or ask for a voice conversation at any time, you and anyone else in the community. My door is always open.