aon

Stop the GTA Online events

I might be wrong but I think this server is supposed to be roleplay? Not sure, but anyway, what's up with the GTA Online events? I thought we are trying to move on from Cops and Robbers RP? Again, correct me if I'm mistaken.

Criminals already have enough money to buy guns from farming their government accounts. No need for more encouragement to shoot stuff up.

They're not random.... They're there to attract more players to the server in a bad way and to promote cops and robbers gameplay so the server is accessable by people who either lack roleplay skills or are unwilling to roleplay. Who cares about the extra 30 people in the server if they don't contribute to RP or to anyone's experience, or worse, they ruin other people's experience either by lack of trying, ignorance or they do it on purpose. Seems like in the end of the day it is quantity over quality.

• Upvote 1

Well, we need more server sided scripts, who encourage socializing instead of killing/robbing/shitting on each other that's for sure.

Yeah but there are ideas in this forum that are 10 times better for socializing, like restaurants, passive events, more player businesses, etc.....

And by the way, @Com783 how does a military convoy with gun crates encourage socializing instead of killing/robbing/shitting on each other???

4 minutes ago, aon said:

And by the way, @Com783 how does a military convoy with gun crates encourage socializing instead of killing/robbing/shitting on each other???

Uuuuh none lol

In my opinion it's way to easy to get into Eclipse RP. Whilst the "Whitelist" dosen't need to be as strict as servers like FiveRP it does need to be harder. Whilst the easy quiz does give us loads of people who are new to RP and willing to learn it also gives us trolls. And yes, these events do make this server seem like a Cops and Crocks sim. I'd prefer events that created a social gathering rather then constant gun duels.

• Like 1

Please try and organize more events to bring people together in a civilized way! Such as but not limited to; Triathlons, Car Shows, Karaoke Nights etc. 

Edited by FatherOsbornHD
  • Like 2

Yes, while I agree events like the ones where you can get weapons dropped etc are not ideal, it is an attempt to offer a nice experience to players. Maybe we as players should be more creative and organize more stuff ourselves and we’ve failed at doing that so far. We lack some small things to get it going properly like an alcohol system for bars and technicalities like chat and tag improvement, but we, the players, should be able to influence it as well and maybe we need to realize we have to make it happen ourselves.

11 hours ago, Triple Seven said:

Yes, while I agree events like the ones where you can get weapons dropped etc are not ideal, it is an attempt to offer a nice experience to players. Maybe we as players should be more creative and organize more stuff ourselves and we’ve failed at doing that so far. We lack some small things to get it going properly like an alcohol system for bars and technicalities like chat and tag improvement, but we, the players, should be able to influence it as well and maybe we need to realize we have to make it happen ourselves.

Agreed

I like this idea, and we have even had things organized like actual car clubs. Unfortunately All I've seen done with this idea is a demolition derby done the same way over and over. Not that it's a bad start, but it's a stale concept. I think there SHOULD be car meets organized, maybe have things like 4x4 racing in more rocky terrain up in Sandy Shores, more civilian jobs like cashiers at convenience stores, adding to a more realistic role-play when they are robbed. Things to promote personal role-play, like wildlife being added, beach parties, etc.

In the past two weeks, I've seen players organise a demo derby, a car meet and a drag race event. I know of a triathlon being organised at present too, those events are good social gatherings but especially for the SACC events, some of the restrictions placed on them make it difficult for them to be organised at times when the majority of people can attend.

I think the server events that have been done recently with the convoys are a great idea, but I think they should be announced via discord a day or two before hand so that people know when they will be and can prepare for them. I'd like to see people have to work together and plan and prepare for them rather than everyone suddenly find out and have to just rush over and do the best with whose free at the time. I'd also like to see them involve more police rather than just admin presence. Whilst it can be considered cops V robbers esq, there is very little I'm the game for criminals other than selling guns/drugs and robbing people. Events like this give criminals something to work towards and something to do, and should really also give the police a challenge for a scenario that doesn't occur on their regular patrol.

Yes most criminals have enough money to buy guns and fast cars, but I'd rather their outlet for those be organised events where actual planning and RP is required rather than just going round finding players to rob 

• Upvote 1

There have been 2 transport events in the last week, one for money, one which was larger for guns done as a celebration of hitting 100 players. 

Thanks Tavi for bringing up the fact that we have several other events and activities to do thanks to our player base, and that activities are not limited to staff events. 

We have demo derbies and various SACC events, I've done 3 concerts/shows at the club within the last week at various time zones, we also indeed have other members organizing a bike triathlon event as well as other staff events involving bike races. 

There are tons of other options out there. If you're bored, maybe organize an event of your own? Advertise using bleets or even message Papa Stouch who is Head of Event planning if you need admin assistance in planning or carrying out your ideas.

But that would take more work than bashing the transport event ideas which give criminals who are looking for some action a reason to use their fire power. Keep in mind the event was done outside of Los Santos to avoid chaos and interrupting others RP also and that the events were roleplayed by all involved using IC channels of communication.

• Like 3

Alright, I must have missed the civilized events, maybe I was playing during different times, sorry. I'm just trying to make a point about the military events - with many new players joining the server, we need to be role models to them, in order to raise the RP standard. A military event can be made realistic and fun, and I'm not trying to take away anything from the criminal side, but what happened at the event was just plain unrealistic and it sets a bad example for everybody, especially new players. If they only see that sort of thing there will just be more cops and robbers RP on the server - criminals pulling up in supercars and starting to fire pistols at the convoy, but that's a bigger fail on the players's side than on the event planning teams side, and I'm sorry I mixed those up. @BallinByNature

Edited by aon

And I apologise if I came across as hot headed in the original post. Seeing that level of RP really put me on tilt there, because I invest a lot of time in this server and I don't want to see it go downhill. And I also think that the civilized events should be announced in the discord, to increase participation numbers and promote civilian roleplay.

We need both of them. I totally agree with @GaiusTavi  If people plan good for convoy events, then it might be a good RP scenario. I’m currently working closely together with other factions to organise a triathlon Event and do have many other  plans for events.