Unknown ID - NRP, FRP - Torsten_Church

Player(s) being reported: Unknown PD
Date of interaction reported: 03/APRIL/2021
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1617502413

Your characters name: Peter_Chao
Other player(s) involved: Amir_Sultan

Specific rule(s) broken:

9. Non-Roleplay (NRP)

• Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay.

• Players are required to remain IC at all times. RP can only be paused or voided by admins.

• If a crash / disconnect occurs, players must post in the crash reports discord channel and contact all parties to resume. Players reconnecting must be given all opportunities held prior.

• Players should not instigate situations they do not have time to play through. If a player is chased they must wait 15 minutes before they can log out of the game.

• Players can’t depict their character with real images or game images not possible on ECRP.

• Examples: Ignoring RP, baiting government services without proper IC reason, asking to be killed or forcing your own death, unrealistic stunt jumping, misusing expensive vehicles, using script work vehicles for other purpose, submerging any vehicle in water intentionally, swimming for an unrealistic amount of time in a chase, or stealing from / tampering with an OOC F4 menu.

13. Fear Roleplay (FRP)

• Fear RP is showing appropriate care and concern to preserve your character's safety and life.

• If a player's life is in direct danger they must RP adequate fear and comply with demands.

• If an attacker lowers their weapon to type, victims which were under fear RP remain as so.

• A player is not showing proper fear if they run while on foot/bike or in an unpowered vehicle and a weapon is aimed at them at close range, or if they drive into an active shootout more than once without the intent of providing cover or fleeing with it.

• A player still has the option to react if they are in a powered vehicle, if they already have a weapon drawn facing their attacker, or if their attacker's view is obstructed by an object.

How did the player break the rule(s)? 
I was taking an officer hostage, in order to negotiate with PD to release all my allies, and as we were waiting for my allies to be treated by MD, and brought back I was just shot in the head when the officer being held hostage was literally right in front of me. I had rp'd putting my left arm around Amir's neck and my gun to his head, and I just felt that realistically noone would take a shot like that no matter how good of a sniper you are. I am honestly not even mad, just a bit sad as I really actually wanted to get some good RP 😞 

I did ask others around to tell the person that shot me to save their POV, but I did not screenshot it.

Evidence of rule breach: 
https://streamable.com/3f5kpz - POV of the situation (able to add extended footage if needed)

Edited by Chao
  • Like 6

Pending response from Torsten_Church (notified in game).

Do you have any POV of the position you were in when you took the shot? Did you consider the other officer's safety when doing so?

You have 24 hours to respond.

MrSilky

Church aka Toast here,

Firstly thank you to both the admin party and reporting party. No hard feelings from the report I get the frustration.

This situation developed from a massive shootout at scrapyard involving another Gang and 6-7. PD responded to a 911 call, my unit and six other PD units arrived on scene. At this point as the large PD force entered building a shootout ensued which left several dead and roughly 10 injured. During the process both a higher member of PD and myself were trying to get transports to MD organized so we could save the injured 6-7 gang member lives, Peter Chow then entered the scene and took a one Sultan hostage. There was negotiation that took place but sadly failed and the decision  was made by the highest on scene to take the shot if opportunity presented itself. 

At this point another senior SWAT officer and myself scrambled to find a vantage point. We eventually selected the highest reachable point at scrapyard on the main buildings roof which we accessed by ladder. We deployed a Sniper and Marksman. We tried to talk further but at the time another suspect died from wounds. So the decision was made by myself to co-ordinate a shot with my partner from the high angle. 

CO-OP or Synchronized shots as meme as it sounds is something that METRO Marksman teams practice icly a lot to hone the accuracy and coordination. As seen in the video below a count down is given and upon fire two high caliber rounds are fired down at a steep angle impacting Mr Chow in the head and injuring him instantly. From Peter's video you can tell he didn't know where the shot came from and thus likely thought it was taken at ground level. Regardless of him having the officer in a choke hold. The shot is more than high enough to have cleared it and thats why we choose that location.   

Again My POV posted below, I can also link footage to real world applications where these kinds of shots are taken, happens as a last resort but more often than people think. 

https://streamable.com/gf25gy

Any other questions I'm sure you will let me know.

Appreciate you both.

• hand 1
  • polarcop 1

PLAYER REPORT DENIED

Thank you for your patience while this report was under review.

After reviewing this report and evidence attached to it, I have decided to deny this report for the following reason(s):

• As can be seen from the above footage, the shot was taken from an advantageous position with minimal threat to the ally. There was more threat from yourself to their ally and they had to make the IC decision to take the shot. You will also notice from your footage, that the player you were holding up roleplayed the shot being close to them also by being barely able to hear.

This decision is final. Unless instructed to, if you post another player report pertaining to this incident, you may be muted from posting on the forums for a temporary period. If you disagree with the outcome of this report, please file an appeal following the appeal guidelines and format.

Regards,
MrSilky