Zoah

Leaked Information Of Shipments Change Suggestion

5 minutes ago, adsta_lynx said:

After seeing 6+ compromised drops in the past 3 weeks alone, 1 compromised not even an hour after the other. I believe it should be changed, why should all crim factions get a notification if a single officer interrogates the NPC likewise with PD being notified if a crim interrogates the NPC

When an illegal faction compromises the drop of another illegal faction, PD does not get notified and vice versa. 

I believe you should learn about the system before you speak. PD was informed of a drop this morning, I can guarantee you that no other criminal organization did. 

• dead 1

1 hour ago, ClankH said:

When an illegal faction compromises the drop of another illegal faction, PD does not get notified and vice versa. 

I believe you should learn about the system before you speak. PD was informed of a drop this morning, I can guarantee you that no other criminal organization did. 

You are incorrect. The drop that was comped this morning Irish also got the message at the same time. Since you don't seem to understand I'll give you a timeline of events this morning.

1. I make an order.

2. Goblins take the turf that I ordered on. We had around 70 influence and they sold a shit ton of packed money to take it to their control. 

3. About 10 seconds after they take the turf I get the notification telling me my drop is comped. Irish also got the notification about our drop and so did PD/SD obviously. 

4. PD tags their SWATT discord RP OPs and come to the drop 20 deep with Kevlar and Carbines sitting on all 3 drop locations. Meanwhile usually at that time we can't even rob a bank due to not enough PD online. (200ish players online). 

5.  We watch PD taunt us and "thank us" for the drop. I don't understand how they enjoy rolling up, setting up and then just driving to SD to store it. No RP interaction at all besides picking up a crate and taunting. 

I've seen many drops lately and got notified of them where EVERY gang gets the notification. Also there's been times where only 1 gang gets the notification. It seems pretty random to me.

Is there any way to control PD just walking up to illegal NPC's and just speaking to them? The locations don't change like drug labs and I think there needs to be some rule on this as PD could just go back to the dealers repeatedly.  If there's a regulation on this I'm not aware of it. Maybe PD could need to be notified or see people talking to the dealers to investigate it?     I think it doesn't make sense that the dealer would still just stand there but tell PD about the drop? Can a drug dealer tell info about a shipment? Should PD be able to disable the NPC's like they disable drug labs? Should there be a similar restriction like PD staying out of drug labs except when there are calls or proper RP cause? Even though SD sure likes sitting on the highway conveniently next to Braddocks or at the entrance xD.... within gunshot range. (can't blame them, with all the gangs that fight PD being gone, as well as rule changes making it less desirable to fight PD and there being nothing to gain by fighting PD besides 4-10 hours in jail and 50k-100k+ losses per person. I'm sure sometimes they want some action too considering banks never result in a shootout and little jimmy at the store robbery with his default pistol and 15 ammo that decides to fight the carbine and kevlar isn't much of a challenge. Not saying that all Police Officers want to fight, I'm sure most are perfectly fine with how much conflict they get into at this time. Personally I'm not the type of criminal to fight all the time and I enjoy RPing as a Rook more than clapping. My admin logs and never having a single report filed against me will show this. 

ClankH. It's not only you but a lot of people here are acting like they know exactly how everything works and they developed the script that controls this. I'm just asking to be a little more humble and not act like your word/opinion is fact... 

Edited by Yousef Assad
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Yousef Assad said:

You are incorrect. The drop that was comped this morning Irish also got the message at the same time. Since you don't seem to understand I'll give you a timeline of events this morning.

ClankH. It's not only you but a lot of people here are acting like they know exactly how everything works and they developed the script that controls this. I'm just asking to be a little more humble and not act like your word/opinion is fact... 

Thats ironic considering SD and PD interrogated an NPC and didn't use a message? 

14 minutes ago, Yousef Assad said:

5.  We watch PD taunt us and "thank us" for the drop. I don't understand how they enjoy rolling up, setting up and then just driving to SD to store it. No RP interaction at all besides picking up a crate and taunting. 

We were setup there for literally an hour. Plenty of time for retaliation, plenty of time to gather up forces and try to take your drop back. The fact is you guys did nothing but circle us, Drive up to our units say slick comments and then continue circling us. 

You knew it was compromised, you saw us there for an HOUR sitting there. 

I don't understand what more of an interaction you would like from us? Would you like us to sit there and jerk off inspecting the contents of the crate? We took the shit and left. You guys had an hour to do something and you chose not to. 

When we did it to Irish, They set up, attacked PD and SD, grabbed the crates and moved on. We had over 30 SD/PD waiting in that situation with irish and they won because they hit it quick, they hit it hard and then they left just as fast before PD could regroup. 

Edited by ClankH
  • chill 1

1 hour ago, adsta_lynx said:

After seeing 6+ compromised drops in the past 3 weeks alone, 1 compromised not even an hour after the other. I believe it should be changed, why should all crim factions get a notification if a single officer interrogates the NPC likewise with PD being notified if a crim interrogates the NPC

So 6+ was comprised. That doesn’t mean the whole system has to change. I wonder how many don’t get comped. I can 100% say people order a lot more than 6 in 3 weeks. 

Thanks to everyone that replied for their input and points of view. I have a better understanding of how it works now. I do believe there could be a benefit from changes to the current system though. As this post was a suggestion after all. ❤️

6 minutes ago, Yousef Assad said:

Would you guys deem it NON-RP for someone in PD to set a timer for 1 hour and go to a black market dealer every hour to try to interrogate ??? Because I've been told there's someone in PD that does this. 

Do you have any proof? "Been told" isn't anything concrete. I have been told many things, don't mean I gotta believe them. And yes, I can't speak for the faction but I would say that is non-rp.

Right now based on my experience having been the Commanding Officer of SWAT for a little while, there's a small chance (I'm estimating it's about 5%) that PD will receive an IC notification of the shipment similar to a 911 call that lists the location and approximately how long it will be until the drop arrives (typically 30-50 minutes). PD wasn't told the precise locations of these drops, we learned where they were over time. In other words, we don't get a map marker - if you don't know where a shipment drops in, you're F'd.  Alternatively you can also walk up to the NPC and ask for information about shipments, but the NPC only tells you about shipments ordered from that particular NPC and won't tell you about shipments ordered from other NPCs. The NPC will only tell you about a shipment that's currently pending, meaning you need to catch a shipment before it arrives with no way of knowing if one is active. If you talk to him and no shipments are active, he will go on "cooldown" and offer zero information for about an hour so if you aren't lucky, you can't get any information for a while. This is all based on my personal experience in these activities. Talking to the NPC is fundamentally luck-based.

The 5% chance has been disabled since the "criminal update" and only recently returned. During that entire time, the stars aligned with the NPCs a total of 4 times in 8 months according to deployment logs written by SWAT. The reason for that is because LSPD does not camp these static criminal locations and interrogate the NPC every chance we get: we only go there if there's a 911 call, out of respect for criminal RP we largely leave these locations alone and officers that don't are warned not to go there. In that whole time, people freely imported millions of dollars of weapons and drug making materials with zero fear of law enforcement action. Criminals didn't complain about the system during this time.

"But Einhart, can't you just develop contacts IC that'll tell you when drops are coming in?"

Give me a call. No one volunteers this information. Nobody wants to offer that kind of RP to us in my experience. You want us to do that, extend the olive branch. I routinely give people every chance to convince me to go easy on them (i.e. "give me something and I'll give you something") and they tell me to fuck off.

Right now it's balanced. There's a small chance that we might know about it, but that doesn't mean we have the manpower to respond at the time. We could have other things going on, or not a lot of officers available, there's all sorts of scenarios that have happened where we don't respond even when we get a notice.

Edited by Victor Einhart
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HobGoblin said:

PD has this already, Crim factions can also get the notification in chat. 

My point is, the notification in chat seems pointless and unrealistic when PD and Crim has the interrogation feature already. Just get rid of the chat notification and it solves all problems.

That way, it brings more realism to the compromising of drops, and also only brings PD that are online/on duty into the RP, because it would be announced in a 10-1 or Radio, rather than in chat even if you’re off duty.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Victor Einhart said:

Right now based on my experience having been the Commanding Officer of SWAT for a little while, there's a small chance (I'm estimating it's about 5%) that PD will receive an IC notification of the shipment similar to a 911 call that lists the location and approximately how long it will be until the drop arrives (typically 30-50 minutes). PD wasn't told the precise locations of these drops, we learned where they were over time. In other words, we don't get a map marker - if you don't know where a shipment drops in, you're F'd.  Alternatively you can also walk up to the NPC and ask for information about shipments, but the NPC only tells you about shipments ordered from that particular NPC and won't tell you about shipments ordered from other NPCs. The NPC will only tell you about a shipment that's currently pending, meaning you need to catch a shipment before it arrives with no way of knowing if one is active. If you talk to him and no shipments are active, he will go on "cooldown" and offer zero information for about an hour so if you aren't lucky, you can't get any information for a while. This is all based on my personal experience in these activities. Talking to the NPC is fundamentally luck-based.

The 5% chance has been disabled since the "criminal update" and only recently returned. During that entire time, the stars aligned with the NPCs a total of 4 times in 8 months according to deployment logs written by SWAT. The reason for that is because LSPD does not camp these static criminal locations and interrogate the NPC every chance we get: we only go there if there's a 911 call, out of respect for criminal RP we largely leave these locations alone and officers that don't are warned not to go there. In that whole time, people freely imported millions of dollars of weapons and drug making materials with zero fear of law enforcement action. Criminals didn't complain about the system during this time.

"But Einhart, can't you just develop contacts IC that'll tell you when drops are coming in?"

Give me a call. No one volunteers this information. Nobody wants to offer that kind of RP to us in my experience. You want us to do that, extend the olive branch. I routinely give people every chance to convince me to go easy on them (i.e. "give me something and I'll give you something") and they tell me to fuck off.

Right now it's balanced. There's a small chance that we might know about it, but that doesn't mean we have the manpower to respond at the time. We could have other things going on, or not a lot of officers available, there's all sorts of scenarios that have happened where we don't respond even when we get a notice.

You state that the notification in chat got enabled recently, which i think is the main issue here, PD have the same ability to interrogate NPCs if they have suspicion or a 911 call, which is the exact same thing that crims can do, however PD gets free armoured cars, Carbines, 200 armour and the knowledge that you can kill whoever you want who contests you without being put in an AFK simulator for 10 hours.

Saying it’s balanced because PD has the same chances to comp a drop as criminals is looking at it based solely off of stats.

If you look at facts, PD are 10x as strong as crims, with an official Discord that you’re allowed to tag SWAT in to get them online/on duty for these operations. (Effectively telling everybody offline that shit is about to go down, so get online quick)

PD should if anything have LESS chances to comp a drop than criminals in order to make it balanced, because a comped by PD drop is a gone drop, unless you have 30 people around ready to risk getting put in DOC for 10 hours, being forced to AFK or deal with people finding any excuse to DM, as well as losing 100k worth of guns and Kevlar.

In conclusion, delete the chat notification system again, nobody except PD liked it

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Harley said:

In conclusion, delete the chat notification system again, nobody except PD liked it

Criminal factions also get told in chat from time to time. You loose one AK shipment, this doesn't mean you have to change the whole system. 9/10 times the shipment won't be leaked to PD/SD. If you are the 1/10 that it does get leaked, then I guess you can just order it again later.

11 hours ago, Yousef Assad said:

Would you guys deem it NON-RP for someone in PD to set a timer for 1 hour and go to a black market dealer every hour to try to interrogate ??? Because I've been told there's someone in PD that does this. 

I’d love to hear more on this and who told you exactly what, with evidence, of course.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, JakeInnit_ said:

It would be nice if developers could explain exactly how the script works, a lot of this is based on presumption as no-one outside of development really knows the facts. Once the facts become common knowledge we could make suggestions in order to improve QoL.

This^^^

As Mr. Jake has said, there seems to be some confusion on how the system works and even I am confused on how it works.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:59 AM, Yousef Assad said:

Someone interrogates the black market dealer. If successful the dealer frequently tells ALL the official illegal factions along with PD and SD.

Like...is this a true statement?

1 hour ago, tylxrrr said:

This^^^

As Mr. Jake has said, there seems to be some confusion on how the system works and even I am confused on how it works.

Like...is this a true statement?

No 100% not. SD and PD get the info at different times and each faction even illegal has the chance of getting the notification.  If someone gets info from an NPC only they know of the info. It does NOT some up in chat for the whole faction. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Harley said:

Not sure if you're memeing or not?

Actually serious... a citizen could easily hear about a shipment through more means than most anyone else. They could even be involved in the logistics of a package before law enforcement, while not knowing what it is, could discover it.

2 hours ago, Xoza said:

Actually serious... a citizen could easily hear about a shipment through more means than most anyone else. They could even be involved in the logistics of a package before law enforcement, while not knowing what it is, could discover it.

So you think realistically a large scale criminal cartel would allow information as sensitive as highly illegal shipments to be discoverable by civilians with no interest in finding this information? 

Not trying to start an argument, more genuinely interested in your thought process of how this would work 😄

54 minutes ago, Harley said:

So you think realistically a large scale criminal cartel would allow information as sensitive as highly illegal shipments to be discoverable by civilians with no interest in finding this information? 

Not trying to start an argument, more genuinely interested in your thought process of how this would work 😄

Companies have friends, employees and connections across the board. Just simply small talk leads to a lot of information, companies also observe movements of other organizations and analyse risk and associations of employees, contractors and affiliates. What would actually be interesting is seeing how these civilian factions use this information.

Here's where information should come from and all, should have a lower chance to be inaccurate.

• Law Enforcement - Intelligence departments, would discover this information through various means, it could be 'leaked' but information could also be captured. On delivery, there could be a higher chance a citizen could call in stating they spotted a suspicious package nearby.
  • Civilian Factions - Found out by rumor or association of another individual, small talk lead to some information about something someone heard. Rumors spread quickly. Someone could easily be working with someone else who heard something.  On delivery, there could be a chance an member/employee could call in stating they spotted a suspicious package nearby.
  • Criminal Faction - Leaked information, someone could be playing both sides, may even bea be able to pay a little to have a higher chance of leaked information. On delivery, a member could call in stating they spotted someone else's shipment nearby.

Let's say 'drops' are something that happen. There are likely more civilian elements involved then Criminal. In San Andreas. You would have to proquire the item, then deliver it. I actually think they should be parachuted in, or delivered to a 'random home', where an unsuspecting GoPostal or PostOp individual delivers it.

The only illegal part, is the procurement and sale, the chance of every other element, from location to delivery has a high chance of a civilian unsuspectingly being involved.

Criminal factions, and Law Enforcement, would have the highest chance of getting the information, of course, because they are actively seeking the information, but civilians could just as well find things.

• Like 1

Civilians already have the chance to get involved in the turf/ordering system just as much as criminals and PD by talking to the NPCs. Small talk and rumours already happen between people.

A notification in the chat pretty much prevents any of this RP from happening by making these things automated. And civilian organisations getting these tip offs from the chat box makes even less sense than PD and Crim getting it.

if you want to be involved in these shipments, just do it the same way everyone else should be, by talking to the NPCs. Not only does this make more sense RPly, you’re physically being told something by interacting with a person, rather than a notification in chat, but it also brings into the element of learning about these things. 

It makes much more sense you learning from a friend of a friend where these people hang out, and learning who you should talk to if you wish to find out this sort of information, than a business randomly getting a “criminal shipment leak” sent to their phones.

A retail store manager realistically would never get illegal shipment information happening in their state unless them themselves are hunting for that information, simply being employed by a company, or being the manager, doesn’t automatically opt them into a criminal underworld marketing email lmao

Just my two cents on your idea, personally, I’m not a fan of the automated notifications, period. Never mind civilians getting these too...