NoewUH

SERVER SUGGESTION - Limbo after death

LIMBO STATE

The new feature which I propose is one that I believe will benefit the RP of both sides of a situation. The feature I propose is the Limbo state after death.

What is it?

The Limbo state is a 10-15 minute period after death, which would be un-returnable from. This state would allow the deceased party to RP death in benefit of other players. The player would be unable to be resuscitated, though they would be able to assist officers and other players in the use of /do's to describe their apparent injuries. 

This system would also be beneficial for murders and other players alike. This would allow the roleplay of "hiding a dead body" or tampering with evidence to through off police. Dead bodies would be able to be investigated by police to help figure out a cause of death and assist in cases.

Also, adding a waiting period after death would entice a greater fear of death on an OOC level. A waiting period might also be beneficial in assisting to combat potential NLR breaches which would be seen due to an instant respawn at the hospital.

How can this be added?

I believe this can be simply added through a few additions to the server's scripts. We would need to add a 10-15 minute timer after the "death" of a player. We would need to disable the ability of the player to be revived and finally send them to the hospital after the time period ends. 

I hope you guys enjoy my suggestion if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask. :)

• Upvote 6

23 minutes ago, paradise said:

how do i get into the server im very confused

This is not the appropriate topic for this. If you have any questions about our server, either PM one of our support staff members (you could PM me if you'd like) or join our discord and ask any questions in the help-desk. Please do not make any more replies regarding this issue in this topic. Thank you :)

Edited by TheFluciFial

6 hours ago, JackD248 said:

-1 It could just waist IRL time for 80% of deaths as its just people rolling up robbing u then killing then they just drive off. We already have 3-10 min and people should RP dead in that time if they have been shot with like 10 bullets point blank for example.

Although,

+1 To the ability to drag bodies. We should be able to drag bodies during that 3-10 mins we have we die already anyways. 

I do see what you mean, though the time needed to wait would be an OOC punishment for death.

Having a waiting period after death would entice people to properly roleplay a fear of death (as they would not want to have to wait the limbo period).

+1

Reviving because I think it's still a great idea and better to revive then start another thread.

Could give government factions the ability to /release ##, allow them the respawn sooner especially if the issue was OOC. It would slow combatants from coming back to early after death and NLR activation. I can think of a ton of benefits over negatives.

Thinking 5-10 minutes would be good. Would allow more looting rp, from friends and enemies, there would be a body on site for MD or PD to call a coroner and give more RP angle instead of coming to a scene and it being un-immersive without anything on site.

Edited by Xoza
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 3:44 PM, Darnell said:

I feel that the current injured timer allows enough time for people to roleplay death if they wish to, and prolonging that timer will do very little.

The downside is injury is not death and you can still be saved at that point. Whether you want to RP death or not. This would give everyone the visible approach of "there was an incident here, there's a body." Instead of an approach and... nothing is here, immersion breaking.

I like the idea, but I'm not sure if I support it or not.

If you're able to bypass the waiting time ( A form for /accept death command ) then I support it.

If not, then I'm against it, because at the current state, the majority of my deaths are because of robbers, and they never want to stay and rp

5 minutes extra really isn't that long. You're bound to the NLR rule starting at that time anyway. Even if it is a minor accident or desync. You still can't come back to the scene or interact with anyone involved or come get your vehicle for 30 minutes anyway.

I wonder if there's a body prop... maybe drop an NPC in the same location that's dead? Even in accidents, when they do get to responding to your call, it's still non-immersive for there to be nothing there.

Edited by Xoza