Swa99yC

Trevor_Scotts [86], Michael_Saxton [93] - Player theft and NRP

Player(s) being reported: id 86 and 93 at the time 
Date of interaction reported: 2/14/21
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1613352288

Your characters name: Walter Rich

Other player(s) involved: N/A
Specific rule(s) broken:

• Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay.
  • Players are required to remain IC at all times. RP can only be paused or voided by admins.
  • If a crash / disconnect occurs, players must post in the crash reports discord channel and contact all parties to resume. Players reconnecting must be given all opportunities held prior.
  • Players should not instigate situations they do not have time to play through. If a player is chased they must wait 15 minutes before they can log out of the game.
  • Players can’t depict their character with real images or game images not possible on ECRP.
  • Examples: Ignoring RP, baiting government services without proper IC reason, asking to be killed or forcing your own death, unrealistic stunt jumping, misusing expensive vehicles, using script work vehicles for other purpose, submerging any vehicle in water intentionally, swimming for an unrealistic amount of time in a chase, or stealing from / tampering with an OOC F4 menu.
  • Non-off road vehicles may not drive up mountains or steep hills. LSEMS & Mechanics are exempt.

• Inside or very near to a No Crime Zone, indicated by the HUD or /NCZ command, players may not commit any crime or disobey law enforcement orders but are allowed to flee, lie, or scam IC.
  • If a player uses the NCZ for protection the attacker must wait for that player to leave the area.
  • Players may not go to a NCZ within 15 minutes after engaging in criminal activity or a resulting chase, unless they are turning themselves in to law enforcement.
  • No Crime Zones: Legal gambling establishments, government and law enforcement offices, hospitals, LS & Paleto main banks, LS Airport, DMV, and a block surrounding.

• Robberies should be conducted in a realistic manner with reasonable in-character motive using secluded areas. Players should not conduct minor robberies in situations with high risk. Desert or forest areas are considered secluded but witnesses should still be considered.
  • One cannot force victims to withdraw money, sell script assets, or give assets not present IC.
  • One cannot steal from players with NEW PLAYER above their head unless they have deliberately taken part in an active crime scene in which protection is temporarily lost.
  • Players may not steal from their faction treasury as the F4 menu is OOC.
  • Permission for prison break must be approved by a Senior Moderator+ prior to the attempt.
  • Players may participate in no more than 1 prison break attempt within 1 OOC week.
  • Players are allowed to kidnap or to take other players hostage for only these specific reasons:
  • You have to have a roleplay reason to attack the victim in accordance with the DM rules.
  • If you attempt to commit robbery of a property, you are allowed to hold the players within that property until you have finished the robbery. An NPC is not a valid hostage.
  • All included players may not take another hostage for 1 OOC week if police are involved.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

During this time the player had decided to follow me around oil mines when i kept leaving and keep trying to make interaction with me, I was ignoring him and just kept rig hopping, In the clip it shows that he decided to come up to me in a public work place and take my crate which is against rules, I then proceeded to pm him about the situation he threatened to report me for ooc insults because I said N word with an A as a way of addressing him, Not saying it to him as a toxic word but just saying it as a word like a verb or a way of addressing someone... 
Evidence of rule breach:

https://medal.tv/clips/44051312/d1337EBkVIgW

Edited by Swa99yC
Fixed unix time stamp

I'll admit to taking the crate, it's happened to me MULTUPLE times in that exact location and I've even had an admin on it before and was told it was allowed. I accept the punishment if I'm in the wrong, but I think the rule about "public places" being considered as "no crime zones" should be reworked if this is the case. I don't see any admin markers saying that area is a "no crime zone" as I have seen in other places on the map.

I'd also like to point out this players toxicity to me after I stole his crate.

"Players must be a positive community member and remain respectful with everyone at all times."

"It is prohibited to intimidate players from playing on the server or to continuously harass them in the game for OOC reasons to purposely make their game experience poor."

After the incident occurred he continually spammed my private messages as well as calling me the N word out of nowhere, which to me is offensive, even resorting to saying on discord that I called him the N word when I didn't. He is slandering my character by lying on discord by saying I called him something offensive when I didn't. Also calling me a scum bag and the "most shit rper" is toxicity in my opinion. 

1nF8d3c.png

8kEQAqw.png

LaYFAoZ.png

Edited by Trevor_Scotts

12 hours ago, Swa99yC said:

I will admin to Spamming PMs as I was super aggrivated at the situation, But I was not being toxic in any ways I called him a scum bag which is not a point where it is bann able

Why did you say on discord that I called you the N word when you were the one that called me the N word? Where's the proof of me calling you that? Why lie about it?

*cough*1nF8d3c.png

This player is toxic and 99% of everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie. He's very addiment that I said that to him but he can't give any proof, because it didn't happen.

Edited by Trevor_Scotts

Alright, couple things.

First, @Swa99yC - can you update your format with the actual time stamp, not a photo of one.

Two, you should not be going back and forth between yourselves before you are even asked questions by a staff member, so please do not comment further on the thread unless asked to.

Thanks,
Bala

Alright, after reviewing the evidence, I'd like to ask you both a couple questions regarding your actions.

Walter Rich @Swa99yC

• Can you explain why you decided to private message Trevor Scotts after he stole your oil barrels and did you try and resolve the matter by in-character means at any point?
    Do you think your own actions in this situation promote good role-play in our server?
  • Can you also explain why you called him a scumbag, a shit role-player and told him to enjoy getting banned?
    Do you think that is acceptable behaviour for a player on our server to speak that way to another player.
  • Can you provide the proof of Trevor Scotts using racial slurs to you OOC on Discord?
  • Can you also explain why you used a racial slur in a private message to Trevor Scotts in the first place?
    You say that it's addressing him, but do you think that's appropriate?

I'd like for you to repost your screenshots unedited as well please.

Frankly, your behaviour is out of order and in reacting this way and filing this report, you've actually put yourself in quite a bit of trouble also. You are not in a position to decide what is and what is not punishable on this server.

Trevor Scotts @Trevor_Scotts

• Regardless of whether or not the you are able to rob at the oil field, do you think that your own actions demonstrated a good level of role-play in this scenario. Not necessarily that you stole the barrels at the Oil Field, but how you stole them?
    You got out of the vehicle, ran straight up to the crate, picked it up and went and got back into your vehicle.

We're not interested in 'he said, she said' but the actual evidence. For the amount of back and forth and how petty this report got for this kind of incident, it's not a good look gentleman.

You've got 24 hours to respond. Make sure you just respond to myself and @MrSilky - Not to each other as clearly, that is half the problem here.

~ Bala, Senior Support.

• hand 1

Sure might not have been the best level of RP, I can agree on that. Don't really know what more to say, if this is punishable I'll accept the punishment. 

I don't have any more screenshots of this incident, the 2 I posted were ones I cropped directly using sharex, but accidentally cut off the first line in the first picture. The text on the first picture says "you cant rob in a public work place". Also to point out that's the first PM that he sent to me. Never took a screenshot of the full screen. Tried to as shown in the 2nd pic, but the chat doesn't show on the rage screenshots.

Can this be clarified though since every admin seems to have a different answer for this?

"Regardless of whether or not the you are able to rob at the oil field" 

Is it allowed to STEAL anything (vehicle and items) from the oil field or any other work place/public place that is not labeled as a no crime zone?

Edited by Trevor_Scotts

14 hours ago, Bala said:
  • Can you explain why you decided to private message Trevor Scotts after he stole your oil barrels and did you try and resolve the matter by in-character means at any point?
    Do you think your own actions in this situation promote good role-play in our server?
  • Can you also explain why you called him a scumbag, a shit role-player and told him to enjoy getting banned?
    Do you think that is acceptable behaviour for a player on our server to speak that way to another player.
  • Can you provide the proof of Trevor Scotts using racial slurs to you OOC on Discord?
  • Can you also explain why you used a racial slur in a private message to Trevor Scotts in the first place?

Frankly, your behaviour is out of order and in reacting this way and filing this report, you've actually put yourself in quite a bit of trouble also. You are not in a position to decide what is and what is not punishable on this server.

Sorry my answers where no clear before I answered them late at night on my phone,

- The reason I had called him a bad roleplayer and a scumbag was out of pure impulse about the situation, and the bad roleplayer part was me refering to the fact that he had no RP reason to steal my crate and didnt even do anything RP like to do it... I said enjoy the bann because I made a report instantly and I was informing him about a player report.... I do not think that what I did was acceptable in any way shape or fourm and it does not bring a good name to me on the server, And i apologize to the player that I said it to...

-I did not screenshot him Pming me Racial Slurs because I thought that it was just in the way I said it in an adressing tone and not to offend anybody, Hence I said it as a noun and not a name calling him, I am sorry If that was taken in any way shape or fourm of OOC toxicity... I said that on discord as a mention to have a admin answer my situation he did not directly say anything to me on discord... I do not think How I acted was apporopritate but I do think that It was not super sever to the point where it should be punishable as I didnt intend anything to be offensive...

- I understand that my behavior in this situation was wrong and that I could be in potential trouble from the admins, But I also belive that the other player had no right to do what he did aswell as me mentioning that he would be banned is because again that is my way of informing I am making a player report... I ask as kindly and as sincerly as I can to give me another chance and to not take action on either one of us, AS both of us where in the wrong, If you have any further questions to aks me message me on discord Swa99yC#6075

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Bala said:

It was not ment to be toxic in any way shape or form it was meant to be used as a "verb" or sayin it at the start of a sentence I have alot of friends that say that like **** what did you say or **** do this

Thank you for your patience as this report was concluded.

Trevor Scotts - You will be receiving a verbal warning for taking the crate without any role-play involved. The expectation on Eclipse is that you give the other player the opportunity to involve themselves in any role-play situation you have with them. This is especially important when it is a negative interaction, such as stealing something from them.

Walter Rich - You will be receiving an OOC Conduct punishment for your responses to Trevor Scotts out of character. I can appreciate that you've admitted you were wrong and apologised but your comments were completely unacceptable. I also would heavily caution you against using the N word in any context OOC whilst on our server, I can accept that in this instance you did not mean it in a derogatory manner but it can be incredibly offensive to others regardless of your intent.

As with any report decision, you are free to appeal should you disagree.

MrSilky & @Bala

• POG 1