Larry Wrzosek

Clappers Restaurant

I can definitely say that I visited with someone, we had a fantastic private dining experience, all the food is sourced locally. They have plentiful supply of alcohol and a very good menu.

Can't wait to go back! You can literally smell and see the food being cooked!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Larry Wrzosek said:

GrgMklD.png

JY6mNhF.png

A few years back when the Mirror Park Tavern changed ownership, Jay Gamble & Jon Purminelli
had plans to start opening
the Tavern more regularly than the prior ownership did. They were looking
for some people to work the bar and DJ. I was pretty sure they already had some people in mind to hire,
but I wanted to work at the Tavern with them. At the time I was spending a lot of time hunting up north.
I had gained a lot of experience hunting which made me pretty efficient at getting fresh produce.
This gave me the confidence to pitch the idea of serving some food that was not served at most bars or clubs.
Jay & Purm were curious when they saw my menu because it was not focused on burgers, tacos & hotdogs.
Instead it had chicken wings, steak, pork and beef ribs So I decided to have a cookout
to showcase the entire menu to them.Once they tasted the food, they hired me.

IfCTwO1.png

My first day at the Tavern I was pleased to find out that most of the people working
there I was already friends with. Wolfgang was running the bar, Zillian was the DJ, Flint
was in charge of all the girls, and Skinny was planning out events. But before we could open we
had to
thoroughly clean up the entire place. After we all worked together to clean up the place,
Wolfgang and I stayed for a bit to figure out how to work efficiently behind the bar together.
Between the alcohol and food we were definitely going to have to work together the best we could
with the space we were given. We were there till midnight but we came up with a decent system to go with. 
A few days later we had to meet up at the Tavern to go pick up our alcohol shipment. Jay & Purm had

a mule & a rumpo ready to-go, they introduced us to our security team, the Men in Blue,  then most of us
hopped in the vehicles to go pick up our order from the store behind bank. Once we loaded up the truck
and the van we headed back to unload the alcohol. We each took a box, then I followed them
into the Tavern and to my surprise they showed me the kitchen Purm had built for me to work in.
It had a huge stove & grill, multiple refrigerators, plenty of counters to cut and prep plates on.
It even had a little window for me to serve my food to the customers. That was the best part.
Customers would get to order and watch me prepare their food, then I would get to see their
reaction to the food. It was a really fun & interactive workspace. The first night we opened up the place
was packed, Wolfgang and I served so many people, Purm helped Wolfgang serve drinks when the bar
got real busy. I had a little trouble with the new stove & Jay helped me figure it out real fast.
Which thank god he did because so many of our friends showed up to support us. I’ll never
forget the order of pork chop & barbecue pork ribs I made for Thrax & Alice.
Or Jimmy Mayweather’s endless desire for double cheeseburgers. I found my love
for cooking in that little kitchen in the Tavern, which inspired me to create the Sandbar.

SVpZkBh.png

First thing I did when I bought the property was call Jon Purminelli. He showed the same support and optimism
that he did when we worked at the Tavern. Him and I spent weeks working out what type of restaurant we wanted.
What food to serve, how to make the business work, who to hire, how to make the place look. Purm went home one
night after we had been brainstorming all day and the next day he showed me the blueprints he made up when he
got home the night before. It was exactly what I wanted. Day by day we went back and forth to the furniture store
picking up tons of materials and furniture. In just a week we went from a empty space, into a fully functional restaurant.

cJRy4G1.jpg

TDqIOJs.png

LPbOPQe.png

Purm had done such a great job building the restaurant. Once we finished moving all the big stuff he was
constantly adding a little bit here and a little bit there. So while he did that, I wanted to figure out how
we were going to supply the restaurant with the things we would need in bulk regularly. I did not have to
look far
because our long time friends Jason Malgotti & Kelly Gamble managed their own stores and were

more than happy to be our suppliers. They supply us with all the things necessary to run a restaurant.
Plus enough alcohol to give all of Los Santos a good buzz.

j1Y8BXi.png

5dUjraj.png

When it comes to our beef, chicken, and pork it all comes from the avid hunters of the north.
I scouted for hunters for a while before finally coming across a few new contacts, among them
was a man named Frank Reyes. Frank is very talented in tracking and supplying us with quality meats.
He is capable of meeting our demand in just a few days notice. Above that Frank is very pleasant
to work with and we are lucky to have him working with us.
7Sk7eY4.png

We get all of our naturally grown wheat, flour, eggs, and most of
our vegetables from the farmers up north at Paul’s Farm. 

This order was harvested, packaged, and delivered right to the store by farmer Josh Kay.

uZ9Cq5m.jpg

Here at the Sandbar we understand the simple fact that the key to making good food is fresh ingredients.
We are so happy to have all of the people that help us share food with each other at the Sandbar!

excited to bartend again! love to see the thread looking clean good job Larry

• Like 2

GrgMklD.png

mb5z8lw.png

After all of the hard work that went into building & filling our refrigerators, we were finally ready to open up.
All that was needed was people that would give us a shot. Purm, Carla, and Larry were all confident with each other,
but this was brand new. We did not have any regulars. Nobody knew what the Sandbar was going into this.
We were at ground zero. We needed a Holiday miracle to give us our first opportunity to show what we are made of.
An ambitious paramedic, Matt Tezla, decided to book us to host a Holiday dinner for the Medical Department.

Later that weekend 
fifteen MD employees joined us in our season's greetings. They were all dressed up in festive outfits, ready to take time out from their busy schedules to celebrate the Holidays with each other. It was our responsibility to make sure they enjoy their food & one night off. Carla did a great job serving drinks, while they waited for Larry to cook their food. They got the food out as soon as possible to each table and they were all so kind to compliment our service. After all the food was served Larry caught up with an old friend Miguel, and they spent the rest of the night talking & laughing.

With all the hard work and dedication that all the MD employees put in to make sure people are treated with the proper
care they need to live their best lives, their genericity goes unsaid. They put life into our restaurant with all of their support
and kind words. We could not have asked for any better guests for our first ever event at the
Sandbar.

JK6uXQB.png

Edited by Larry Wrzosek
  • Like 8

GrgMklD.png

vAOnRGh.png

Still fresh to the grind to put the Sandbar on the map to the people of Los Santos, Larry's ex-sister-in law Elizabeth Dyer, reached out to him to have a promotional dinner at the Sandbar, for all the employees at Bayview Auto Services. With how amazing hosting a Holiday dinner was for the Medical Department was. Larry was very eager to do the same for Bayview.

Larry was able to reach out to his friends Brianna Marakian, Faith Nightwood, & Ania Wawrzyniecc to wait on tables & run the bar. Petty White offered to take pictures of the event as it happened.

With staff all figured out Larry decided to prepare further by having menu of their food printed out on notes by Matt Tezla. While Matt worked on printing the menus all night the night before the event, Larry prepared a bunch of cupcakes with custom icing prints. Car wheels, wrenches & tools, tow trucks. The cupcakes were all done up to celebrate the hard work all of the mechanics do for Bayview.

Tyrone Cox & Elizabeth Dyer pulled up with all their co-workers and from start to finish the event was nothing but good vibes & laughs. Petty got a picture of Tyrone & Liz sitting at a table that captures a perfect moment for any restaurant which we used as our first, and only, LifeInvader background for the entirety of the Sandbar

Everyone that came out that night just had so much to share and all the kind words, support, and generous gestures made.
Tyrone tipped our staff well over six figures. That night was really something that stuck with all the people there and has tremendously help forge our foundation for the Sandbar.

KLbOTuX.jpg

Edited by Larry Wrzosek
  • Like 7
  • YAY 1
  • PogU 1
  • Upvote 1
  • hand 1

GrgMklD.png

Catering at the Burnout Nation Drag Race

Larry met Asbjorn Shmidt at the Bayview Promotional Dinner that was hosted at the Sandbar. They both shared common interests in cars & food. So they exchanged phone numbers and Asbo invited Larry to his distillery. Larry had been taken back by the craftsmanship Asbo put into his beer and to see his plan to expand it reminded Larry of how he started off with just an idea to make a restaurant. While they enjoyed the beer Asbo brewed himself, they shared ideas & knowledge with one another in a supportive way for one another.

Eventually
Asbo brought up about a drag race he was planning out with his car club
Burnout Nation. Which lead to Larry offering to have the Sandbar cater for the event. Both Burnout Nation & the Sandbar were just beginning on their paths so they both agreed to collaborate.

The day at the races was a hot one. 
Burnout Nation setup a professional drag racing setup. From countdown lights, to bleachers for spectators, to concrete barriers & cones to direct cars. Larry & Petti White pulled up with the Sandbar catering van filled with food to barbeque. They setup their food tents, fired up the grill, and handed out chicken wings & ribs to all the hungry spectators.

Amid all of the fun racing & barbequing, someone managed to steal the Sandbar catering van full of food. Which luckily,
Paulo Witherfork was able to track down the van at a nearby chop shop and recover everything.
Big shoutout to
Paulo for saving the day!

When all the tire smoke cleared & the dust settled after a long fun day of racing, Asbo introduced Larry to the 
Burnout crew- Hazel Adams, Don Mozzarella, & Maccy Kentworth. Not yet knowing how good of friends they would become over time. But very happy with what they had accomplished together that day.

oWVKpE4.jpg

Edited by Larry Wrzosek
  • Like 6