TheCactus

Black Market / Illicit Medical Options

Nowadays injured criminals who managed to get helped by a friend, go to the hospital like common injured civilians or cops.

In real life if you are wanted or you just got hurt in a shootout (maybe after killing cops too) you dont just walk inside a hospital or call an ambulance.

In this case it would be useful to have some hidden buildings/houses where you can drop your buddy for a price or you just drop him there, hes automatically stabilized and a timer pops up so he cannot leave right away (like people do after getting dropped off at the hospital even if they were severely injured seconds before).

I thought about this because the current system just does not make sense and I hate when people start running when they were moaning for deathRP seconds before.

To avoid police, some let their buddies take their stuff and they will be waiting at PillBox which is also nonRP but I see people doing it everyday.

Edited by TheCactus
Details
  • Like 7

You would have to expand on this to make it more of a thing to be needed, since you can just call MD and get medical help right now.

• If you go to a government hospital in any form.
    • You pay legal obligations or it gets transferred into debt.
    • If you have time to serve, PD is called and you are 'tied' to the bench for 5 minutes.

• If you go to a makeshift/illegal medical center.
    • Changes locations but two are always open at one time, one north, one south.
    • They don't check background.
    • May charge you for medical services.
  • Like 2
  • PogU 2
  • Upvote 4

+1 that’d be awesome. But I’m wondering if these areas would be NCZ zones which hopefully not tbh. It’s fine if they are but it’s crucial for them to cost something on the side whether it’s significantly more time to get healed or cost more money

Edited by Mako228143

I am mostly neutral for this but I just presently don't see the real need for it so I lean more towards a -1. As of right now there is a very high volume of criminals, this is something already known. Some criminals call 911 and others take their buddy to the hospital for a drop off. When at the hospital some people engage in roleplay with those around them. 

Right now, there is no consequence for going to the hospital if you are wanted or get hurt as a part of criminal activity so why the need for an alternate location? If there were actual consequences for going to Central, I could see this being more of a need. Along with that, this would reduce roleplay taking place at the hospital that comes from the foot traffic as a decent sized population of the server would no longer go there.

Edited by Aldarine
Rephrasing and details

On 8/26/2019 at 9:57 PM, Xoza said:

You would have to expand on this to make it more of a thing to be needed, since you can just call MD and get medical help right now.

• If you have time to serve, PD is called and you are 'tied' to the bench for 5 minutes.

A strong +1 both for the original suggestion as for this one!

18 hours ago, Jonathan Brixton said:

+1 with more discussion. Injured criminals and gang bangers should not be going to the hospital with their friends after a gang shootout, he should be going to a hide-out doctor or like a "on your payroll'' doctor. We want more RP right? <<<

The more RP is one of the main reasons but they only see the negative part and don't care about keeping it realistic. How would it be if I camp at Central after a shootout? They don't think about it?

I think this would be an interesting addition. It is really only an Rp thing, but if a seedy apartment across from the hospital were to have a sketchy looking bench to drop your guy on with like tarps around it, It would feel way more realistic than dropping a man who just killed 3 officers off at MD. I don't think its a priority, but I don't say its not good so Ill give it a +1

This is a discussable topic as RP scenarios change if you are wanted. For example: 

Calls that go to MD that you make on your phone does go to PD so they can see who is making the call. If the person who makes the call is wanted then not only MD will respond to the call, PD will too eventhough the person who made the call only called for medics to come. So this scenario changes the RP situation to either a friend with a trunk has to come to pick the person up and bring him to Central MD for him to be revived or call a friend to the scene where if he/she does not have a trunk that person can make a call so no PD will be involved.

This is why my opinion leans towards -1 

Thank you!

• Upvote 6

On 8/31/2019 at 10:51 PM, Brixton said:

+1 with more discussion. Injured criminals and gang bangers should not be going to the hospital with their friends after a gang shootout, he should be going to a hide-out doctor or like a "on your payroll'' doctor. We want more RP right? <<<

You want more RP, but you're taking away RP from medics? Currently medics play a neutral role of not reporting everything they see to PD, they just treat you and move on. Medics already play the mob doctors and real doctors. If you had a negative for criminals to call MD (Which there isn't) then I could see initiating this. Like the suggestion above yours, police being notified if you're dropped off at Central, etc... You want more RP, but you don't want to take away 95% of someone else's RP at the same time. 

On 8/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, BrainDed said:

Criminals dont usually call medics

In real life, you're right, not all criminals call medics, but in the game, almost every criminal calls MD at least once a day.

Overall I lean towards a -1 due to the amount of RP being taken away from MD, who at times, struggle with no calls due to the dropbody table which many of us want disabled.

Another addition to my added suggestion/refinement.

On 8/26/2019 at 12:57 PM, Xoza said:

Could make the illegal medical center an actual scripted job.

• If you're 'on duty', you get calls to 'clean up'. Could also be used to hide or dispose of bodies.
  • When they pay for the treatment, some of that pay goes to the 'doctor'.
  • /cpr would only be half successful due to poor supplies.
  • /stabilize command could have a 66% failure chance due to not having an ambulance and suit of equipment.

3 hours ago, Xoza said:

Another addition to my added suggestion/refinement.

Could make the illegal medical center an actual scripted job.

• If you're 'on duty', you get calls to 'clean up'. Could also be used to hide or dispose of bodies.
  • When they pay for the treatment, some of that pay goes to the 'doctor'.
  • /cpr would only be half successful due to poor supplies.
  • /stabilize command could have a 66% failure chance due to not having an ambulance and suit of equipment.

as soon as you make it objectively worse than the hospital table it loses the point. I like the idea of it maybe not healing the person the whole way, or taking longer... etc... but having a failure rate is silly. You might say IRL they would have a high rate of failure because they are not well equipped, true, also in real life police cant take a criminal they shot with an m4 8 times to a hospital and have him resurrected like Lazarus to get the satisfaction of sending them to jail. Noting this I subject this suggestion to be equally effective, but require cash on hand... i mean realistically your mob doctor isnt going to take insurance...

On 8/26/2019 at 7:57 PM, Xoza said:

+1 to this and the original post.

However, I'm not too sure about the charges.

Criminal RP is already unbalanced in terms of making money and "costs" already. Well compared to civilian or government employee RP.

3 hours ago, MohammedAli said:

+1 to this and the original post.

However, I'm not too sure about the charges.

Criminal RP is already unbalanced in terms of making money and "costs" already. Well compared to civilian or government employee RP.

Unsure about the charges? Realistically emergency rooms are the only place that will tend to you in an emergency situation regardless of your ability to pay. Presently there is no charge for going to Central MD/calling a medic and no repercussions should you have committed a crime. If this were to ever become a thing, there has to be a negative to each positive to act as an offset and deterrent from abusing it. Also, in what world would a "mob doctor" work for free? They would demand to be paid generously for their services.