Charlotte Valmont

ID 171 [Jimmy_Gambino] (NRP)

Player(s) being reported: ID 171
Date of interaction reported: Jan/12/21
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1610492271

Your characters name: Charlotte Valmont

Other player(s) involved: ID 190 & 86

Specific rule(s) broken:

• Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay.

*I contacted two admins on discord and they both said haircutting without a valid RP reason falls under NRP

How did the player break the rule(s)?

Cutting my characters hair without a valid RP reason. This has been a long standing issue I have had on an ongoing basis on ECRP that I have reported in-game several times and rarely is it addressed during the incident before its escalated to the place of no return. As you will see in my footage ID 171 entered the drug lab where I was cooking some weed by myself. Just prior to my POV this group had come in and looked around and left me be so I didn't think much of it. I was tabbed out and chatting with my friend in discord (not another player on ECRP) and when I tabbed back I saw that ID 171 was trying to rob me. I tried to joke it off as I wasn't sure if he was serious given the fact that a few minutes prior he, nor his gang showed any interest in robbing me. It is a well known fact that I bring nothing of value with me to the labs so robbing me is pointless most of the time. 

When it's clear that ID 171 genuinely wants to rob me, I comply and he begins RPing that he's cutting my hair. I try my best to explain to ID 171 OOCly that he must have an RP reason for cutting my hair. ICly I ask him to just rob me as that's what would make RP sense but ID 171 continues to try and cut my hair. I plea with ID 171 to stop, to avoid a situation where a report needs to be made and he doesn't care. We go back and forth discussing this, I attempted to call for an admin to no avail, and when it's clear the ID 171 has no desire to stop, I stand up. At this point I would rather die, lose all of my possessions, and money on hand then be degraded like this by another player for no reason other than he has the command to do it. After shooting me ID 171 then attempts to cut my hair as I am down and injured and I logged off. 

I realize that I am also reporting myself for these events but I feel that I did what I needed to in these circumstances and while I expect a punishment I do hope that the admin reviewing this report will consider a few factors. Firstly, in my personal OOC faith, cutting hair is used for ceremonial purposes. Not that my OOC faith should impact the IC RP but that is where my disgust with this command comes from. Secondly, from an IC standpoint, cutting someone's hair would realistically be used as a way to shame and mark a person who has committed an act of serious disrespect or betrayal - not a stranger whose alone cooking in a drug lab and complying to you robbing them. The use of hair cutting is heavily used as a way to harm and embarrass female ECRP players and often (or never in my experience) is warranted based on the RP events leading up to it. *I'd like to address ID 171's accusation that I have called the police on them and/or their gang before OOC - this is factually not true as my character does not like or respect the police. I believe ID 171 said this towards the end of the interaction to justify his actions after I told him I would be reporting.

In addition to reporting this player I have also gone ahead and started a Game Suggestion Topic to address this issue as I feel that this is a major issue with the server: 

Input evidence linked or embedded here:

https://streamable.com/femxym

Edited by Charlotte Valmont
  • Like 4
  • NAY 2
  • Confused 11

PENDING RESPONSE
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

• @KCAJ - Jimmy_Gambino (ID 171) - Please explain your reasoning behind attempting to cut the reporting party (ID 171) hair. Provide all available evidence unedited to support your claims.

• @Charlotte Valmont - Charlotte_Valmont (ID 62) - Please explain to us to why you have decided to go to /b ignoring all the RP going around and the fact that your character's life is in danger even after explaining once it is a not allowed to do so without reasoning. Also, we would like an extended footage of the situation to what you were doing before they attempted to frisk you and an explanation to why you are in a discord call with another ECRP player.

If the requested player(s) do not respond within 24 hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
Senior Moderator dawpi & Senior Support Skiperz

Edited by Skiperz
32 minutes ago, Skiperz said:

@Charlotte Valmont - Charlotte_Valmont (ID 62) - Please explain to us to why you have decided to go to /b ignoring all the RP going around you even after explaining once it is a not allowed to do so without reasoning. Also, we would like an extended footage of the situation to what you were doing before they attempted to frisk you and an explanation to why you are in a discord call with another ECRP player.

I would be happy to - yes, I recognize that I was ignoring the RP. That is why I said in my report that I was also reporting myself and expect a punishment of some kind. I always respond to RP, even in situations where I am "losing" but in this instance I decided that I was not going to comply with the haircutting because I knew ID 171 had no reason to be doing this. Again, I recognize that this is NOT how I should have handled this and hope that my community suggestion to remove haircutting will be heard. The person I was speaking to in discord was not playing ECRP, nor were they watching me play (we were watching youtube videos on one of my monitors). There was absolutely no metagaming happening. I my recording only went that far back but I did ask the others involved to save POV so hopefully they have that. 

Edited by Charlotte Valmont
  • Confused 1

Hello and thank you for making this report. What happened was we were checking labs and seen ID62 inside we went to rob her and she kept on asking why i have to rob her. At this point she said i don't care i have nothing on me so. So i stated i don't care i will cut your hair and she decided to say no you won't, this made me feel like i needed to prove a point of which i can cut her hair. she then continued to power game and break fear RP. After i killed her i tried to cut her hair again and she then combat logged. https://streamable.com/q79l09  https://imgur.com/DgNRimD

I would like to say im sorry if this affected you that bad by me cutting your hair in a game and sorry for the eccessive insults they were very un needed. However i never actually managed to cut your hair because you logged and if you don't want your hair cutting then don't be at lab/ilegal place saying to people they won't cut your hair because it will just make them want to do it more.

Thanks for reading and once again i am sorry.

Edited by KCAJ
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

I said "no you wont" because I didn't actually think you would. You had no reason to cut my hair ICly. You didn't have a reason to threaten to cut my hair. I tried multiple times to communicate the rules to you OOCly and offered a few opportunities for us to redirect the RP to a realistic place. Yes, it is my obligation as a player to continue with RP but it is also your obligation as a player to follow the rules and not knowingly break them because you're annoyed or don't think your actions matter. And you're right, your insults weren't necessary either. I do apologize for combat logging and would be happy to give you what I had in my inventory. I shouldn't have logged out at the end but I was extremely frustrated with your behaviour towards me. 

• Confused 1

The reporting party has reached out to Senior Support Skiperz in regards to closing this player report and I have agreed with it, per the reporting party's request.
There are no major rule breaks that have affected this situation, but rather I would like to make it clear;

• If you get involved in a role-play situation where a rule break is involved, you must continue being In-Character (IC) and at no point you should go excessively into Out-of-Character (OOC) chat to possibly change the outcome of the role-play. Submit a player report, but then continue IC. If I do see this happening again with the reporting party, potential punishments will follow.
  • To the reported party. I would advise such things as shaving heads based on such a small reason or escalation. But once again, you have apologised for the insults and I appreciate you understanding and apologising for it.

This player report is now archived.

dawpi & skiperz