HaminLord

/cuthair change, consent or removal

As per the title, make it so that /cuthair will require some form of OOC consent, whether if it just consent soley for the command or for torture as a whole.

As of now, almost every robbery ends up with the robbed party having its hair cut, while it is extremely minor and only serves as a visual feature really, the idea that every robbery ends with the robbed party going bald seems kind of stupid for me. This doesn't contribute at all to the roleplay in most if not all scenarios and incidents, as people usually just meme with this command leading to people constantly going to the barber shop and spending 1k or so retreiving their old haircut. While again, it is quite minor, it doesn't serve almost any meaning in most if not all situations and soley exists as a meme in most situations, I myself have never heard of a robbery in which the robbed party had its hair cut off. At the moment it simply serves as another way to piss someone off or meme about, having no benefits to a person who cuts the hair of another person other than a few laughs.

Feel free to share your opinions, but the suggestion itself is quite simple, make it so /cuthair would require some OOC consent (torture, etcetera) from the party it is being used on.

• Like 7
  • PogU 1
  • Upvote 2

+1 Hair cutting is a form of humiliation. It should be reserved for those instances when it's appropriate, ritual initiations, shaming a rival gang member or seeking revenge on someone.  It should require consent and probably most of the time some sort of timeline as to how long the person getting their wig removed will remain that way.  There's no valid RP reason a street criminal robbing a random civilian would cut off their hair. 

+1, I support this suggestion. Even if this is aesthetics. Common Robbery and the "hands hands hands" do not shave peoples hair.

It is somewhat a form of humiliation and mild torture as you have been marked by having your head shaved and should therefore allow some sort of OOC consent.

Unless you are dishonouring a rival gang, your own gang or you have been marked in a RP scenario or have agreed in some form then shave ahead to those that needs to be shaved.

Edited by A N G E L

I guess this command sort of proves that a lot of people will more often than not just do things for the lols. Just because people can do something, their motives and RP reasons for it are pretty much non-existent. We should look for ways to improve that and make people have legitimate, real IC reasons that will promote better RP. But asking for more effort and better RP may just be too much for some...

-1 on requiring OOC consent. Stop the ability to be able to cut hair with a knife and make it only doable with scissors/electric shaver. Add an expensive item such as scissors or electric shaver that you can buy from a convenient store (5k+ maybe). Limited uses on the item along with longer action times may make the whole process of getting your hair cut by other players more realistic and infrequent.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GWXCORE said:

-1 my character only shaved heads when he's lied to or shit talked. People who comply when being robbed at labs keep their hair, phone battery, gps, etc. Brandon wants the drugs and guns to make money. But when people insult him, threaten revenge, say "I have nothing" then we find their stash bag, they lose their hair, phone, car gets chopped, etc

This. Dont want to lose your hair? don't lie.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.