Msato

Remove Welfare when in a High Tax Bracket & Other Criteria.

Assuming you had 400k EXP, If you were to play for 5hrs per day, 7 days a week you would make $17,500 (The cost of ONE impounded car ) If you were to play the same amount of hours for 365 days of the year, You would make a total of $840,000 total in salary. This is about one medium to high-end free car per year if you saved all of your salary and spent 1,680 hrs online. Yes you would receive more money over the year as the EXP goes up but its $100 per 100,000 EXP its a reward system for playing on the server for longer no different then paying for VIP. 

I fail to see how this could even remotely help the economy at all when there's options to use OOC money and can buy apartments and cars at the click of a button if you have the money to spend IRL. As it stands PD/MD are one of the richest players on the server since there really is nothing for them to spend there money on apart from assets.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

On 1/6/2021 at 5:56 PM, HighTV said:

-1 To removing welfare for certain Rpers.
With all sources of generated money into the server being scripted removing welfare for some players is not something I want to see happen.
I don't think its healthy to force script-based upkeep onto players who would rather create RP then be confined into the scripted jobs. Welfare is single handedly the best RP generation tool that has existed on ECRP.

+1 To balancing the economy and improving the welfare system!
I think its obvious the economy is extremely lopsided and newer players are struggling to catch up. I blame this on the increasing prices of assets and cost to sustain ALL characters that has been happening over time. To balance the economy the 'fix' cant apply equally to everyone and must disproportionally affect the wealthier. (The original suggestion by CallumMontie accomplishes this, but I don't think its the right way personally.) 

Many of the richest people started before speed cameras, before food/water were needed to sustain, with 6/7$ gas, when drug ingredients paid for themselves, and did it all while earning MUCH higher welfare amounts. Simply put, we had it easier back then. I just don't want this to turn into a  'reactionary' survival server' the moment you hit 35% tax bracket and you need to liquidate and tax evade to RP again.

+1 exactly what Dimitri said 100%

Bonus for EXP means that you are awarding a player who spends time on the server. This should be encouraged. On the long term equals more online players. Personally I am not spending not even a minute more just to hang around a bit because I know is not worthy. I`m just wasting my time for nothing. So this example can be taken as a feedback.

Edited by Prozacel
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 10:48 PM, CallumMontie said:

This aspect alone deserves its own suggestion, really good idea.

Don't really agree with this bit, limiting the free market isn't the way to go.

If someone is willing to pay 3x base price for a 2G, then I don't see why the homeowner shouldn't be allowed to sell for as much. Supply and demand!

If the property doesn't sell for a certain price, then that's on the seller to lower the price. I feel like house prices should remain IC

I do however agree with the initial suggestion.