ID 182 [Jamal_Shakur] (DM)

Player(s) being reported: ID 182
Date of interaction reported: 05/01/2021
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1609812075

Your characters name: Clay_Wilson

Other player(s) involved: PD/SD/LFM

Specific rule(s) broken:

14. Deathmatch (DM)

• Deathmatching is the act of attacking a player without a proper IC motive and interaction.

• Prior interaction should include escalation such as a robbery or a report to the police.

• Players may not kill victims who have complied with a plausible demand in reasonable time unless involved in severe hostile activity against them or an ally within 3 hours.

• Players on foot should only be attempted to be hit with a vehicle once with valid motive.

• Vehicles cannot be used as weapons in active shootouts unless where unavoidable.

• Players must be able to explain their reason and provide proof of prior reasoning if requested.

• If a player informs you that your VOIP isn’t working, you must either fix your VOIP using appropriate commands or use text to deliver your demand.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

I was responding to a code 1 situation from PD. It appeared that there was a shootout at the pink cage bank. I drove close to the scenario, and heard shots away from where I was. ID 182 then decided to give demands from his drag while we were driving by each other. He tells me that "If you get out you die". I move the opposite direction (away) from the shots/situation and I have a quick look into the pink cage motel, and try to exit the area, only to see him stop his drag. I hesitate and see him pulling a gun so I drive backwards. He instantly starts shooting me, which contradicts his invalid demand of "get out you die". I am given no chance to get out, surrender, or even stop.

His demands were invalid since they were from moving vehicles, they also did not match his actions since he tried to kill me when I didn't try to get out, since that was his demand. I did not pose any current threat to him. In my opinion, what he should of done is follow me into the motel on foot and issue me demands on foot with a gun aimed at me, since then my life would be at risk.

A recently closed report, states this "You have to be able to present an active threat when giving demands" It is also commonly known that vehicles from demands are invalid, and that a clear demand and obvious threat to life must be present.

Input evidence linked or embedded here : https://streamable.com/zgn2xx

• Like 3
  • NAY 5
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

PENDING REVIEW
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Thank you for submitting this player report.

This report will now be pending review. We ask that you please refrain from going back and forth in this report while everything is being looked over. We appreciate your patience!

Regards,
Sr. Moderator Kat

PENDING RESPONSE

Thank you for submitting this report. Please be patient as we review the evidence. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

• Jamal_Shakur (182) - Can you please give your side of this story and provide any evidence you may have of it? Do you believe the demands you gave to the reporting party from your moving vehicle were valid?

If the requested player(s) do not respond within 24 hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
Senior Support DrPathetic
Senior Moderator Kat

Hello, thanks to Senior Support DrPathetic, Senior Moderator Kat for taking the time to handle the report.

Can you please give your side of this story and provide any evidence you may have of it?

We had a shootout with PD/SD and after killing most of the cops present, ID118 then pulls in to the shootout and parks on the sidewalk for a second then I came up to him as I was worried that he'll get out of his car and shoot my allies then he starts moving after that I approached him and told him to not get out of the car, then he circled around and went back to the shootout, then I came up to him again telling him to leave then he pulls inside pink cage, this is when I try to initiate on him and give him demands, as soon as I take my weapon out I aimed at him then gave him demands, instead of escaping by getting out of pink cage he begins to reverse back into pink cage making him having no way to get out and he starts talking on the radio(you can hear him in his POV saying that he's going to start taking shots), then I shot him because he didn't fear for his life and decided to ignore a criminal with a heavy weapon pointing at him while giving him demands. I understand that he didn't hear my demands but I had no way of knowing that and I would've provided my POV to the reporting party but he had no intention to solve it outside the forum.

POV: https://streamable.com/5w7lez

Do you believe the demands you gave to the reporting party from your moving vehicle were valid?

No those weren't even demands as I was not going to act on it, I only acted on the valid demands when I got out of my bike. 

I'm fully aware of the rules but talking to someone from a vehicle isn't a rule break I don't think

2 hours ago, freshprinceIE said:

I am given no chance to get out, surrender, or even stop.

When I got off my bike I tried to give you demands, I gave you plenty of time to react by leaving pink cage or to stop and follow my demands saying out of the car but yet you chose to reverse and say I'm gonna start taking shots. you knew what's going to happen and you chose to stay and take the fight.

Edited by 8sh3hTube
  • Like 5

We had a shootout with PD/SD and after killing most of the cops present, ID118 then pulls in to the shootout and parks on the sidewalk for a second then I came up to him as I was worried that he'll get out of his car and shoot my allies then he starts moving after that I approached him and told him to not get out of the car, then he circled around and went back to the shootout

At no point did I pull into the shootout. From my POV you can see that I never see any of the injured, or anyone out with guns. When I go into pink cage, I never even looked left to where the cars were located (which we can see in your POV). I was not actually part of the shootout, and never entered the direct area of it. From the moment I enter the motel, and till I attempt to exit, is 6 seconds.

this is when I try to initiate on him and give him demands, as soon as I take my weapon out I aimed at him then gave him demands, instead of escaping by getting out of pink cage he begins to reverse back into pink cage making him having no way to get out and he starts talking on the radio(you can hear him in his POV saying that he's going to start taking shots), then I shot him because he didn't fear for his life and decided to ignore a criminal with a heavy weapon pointing at him while giving him demands.

At no point do I ever see a gun pointed at me, but I see you trying to withdraw it so I backed off. If I had of driven by you, I'd imagine the same scenario where you just shot me again would occur. My two safest bets where to either reverse and reposition, or else to drive staight into you, but then this report would be the other way around!

I did not ignore a criminal with a heavy weapon pointed at me, since that just did not happen in my view of reversing away. Your demands were completely invalid. You are giving them to a moving vehicle, and are at a distance from them. I expect that this is not your first time issuing demands, so I would expect better from a member of an official faction. The demands were out of VOIP range, and out of any form of RP range (it's a moving vehicle).

I'm fully aware of the rules but talking to someone from a vehicle isn't a rule break I don't think

Talking between two moving vehicles is clearly NRP. When have you ever seen it IRL? Would it work with wind, windows and at speed?

When I got off my bike I tried to give you demands, I gave you plenty of time to react by leaving pink cage or to stop and follow my demands saying out of the car but yet you chose to reverse and say I'm gonna start taking shots. you knew what's going to happen and you chose to stay and take the fight.

I was never at any point told to leave pink cage. I never heard any demands at pink cage, and I never would of RPly heard anything from the demands off the bike, even then those demands were to not leave the vehicle. Can you define to me what plenty of time is? From the moment that you said "out the car" (once again, out of audible distance), you instantly began shooting within 1 second. If I, or a criminal had of given you demands (which you didn't hear), and began to shoot within 1 second, how would you react?

I do not want to engage in back and forth, as this can cause a headache for the staff members reviewing the report. Thank you though for providing your side of the story. Many thanks for DrPathetic and Kat for reviewing this!

• NAY 2

Responding as I was involved, Fear RP rules state you don't circle an active shootout unless you want to stop by and engage, or you go for the 2nd option which is fleeing, the reporting party circled an active shootout and himself stated he was coming For a Code 1 response which is an active shootout pretty much, and him coming in with sirens granted DM rights anyways, same for inserting himself into the shootout, you can here me screaming in Jamals POV saying "PD stop circling" because my character did not want to kill any more cops but was going to if they were to continue coming around back and forth and circle the shootout 

• NAY 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, CalvinKlein said:

Responding as I was involved, Fear RP rules state you don't circle an active shootout unless you want to stop by and engage, or you go for the 2nd option which is fleeing, the reporting party circled an active shootout and himself stated he was coming For a Code 1 response which is an active shootout pretty much, and him coming in with sirens granted DM rights anyways, same for inserting himself into the shootout, you can here me screaming in Jamals POV saying "PD stop circling" because my character did not want to kill any more cops but was going to if they were to continue coming around back and forth and circle the shootout 

Honestly, everything you have added there is completely off. 

I did not circle a shootout. I was not fully aware of the shootout location, as you can see in my POV I never actually see any guns, cars or bodies. You guys are actually roaming around a shootout on bikes. Jamal goes into the shootout area (which I wasn't aware of), and everyone is continuing on their bikes/vehicles.

What dictates the shootout location? 1 block? 2 blocks? What number do you choose since I guess you seem to know the answer...

I do not have sirens on, I do however have my lights on to make people aware of my presence. My lights are not demands to anyone, and are not directed at anyone in particular since you can see that they are on long before I enter the scene.

I did not insert myself into any shootout.

And you were not screaming, you were using /s to bypass VOIP range since you knew that scriptly nobody would hear you if you used VOIP.

Please refrain from coming on unrelated forum reports and posting completely false statements. Thanks.

Edited by freshprinceIE
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, freshprinceIE said:

Honestly, everything you have added there is completely off. 

I did not circle a shootout. I was not fully aware of the shootout location, as you can see in my POV I never actually see any guns, cars or bodies. You guys are actually roaming around a shootout on bikes. Jamal goes into the shootout area (which I wasn't aware of), and everyone is continuing on their bikes/vehicles.

What dictates the shootout location? 1 block? 2 blocks? What number do you choose since I guess you seem to know the answer...

I do not have sirens on, I do however have my lights on to make people aware of my presence. My lights are not demands to anyone, and are not directed at anyone in particular since you can see that they are on long before I enter the scene.

I did not insert myself into any shootout.

And you were not screaming, you were using /s to bypass VOIP range since you knew that scriptly nobody would hear you if you used VOIP.

Please refrain from coming on unrelated forum reports and posting completely false statements. Thanks.

You were responding to a code 1 shootout, your GPS shows you all the panics and cruisers which informs you of this active shootouts location that you inserted yourself into, I believe your character should’ve either feared for their life and drove away got in safety or got out and dismounted and engaged, your ic decisions lead to your death

• NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

REPORT ACCEPTED

After reviewing this report and evidence attached to it, we've decided to accept this report and issue the punishments to the following player(s):

• Jamal_Shakur (182) - Deathmatching - Your initial demands from the moving vehicle were not valid as you admitted, however, in your point of view it displays you did make demands when you withdrew your weapon but the reporting party was not close enough to hear you nor were you shouting. After making these demands you immediately started shooting the reporting party and regardless of whether they heard your demands or not they did not have an adequate amount of time to comply.

If you have received a punishment that you disagree with, feel free to file a punishment appeal following the punishment appeal guidelines and format. If the reporting party suffered a loss greater than $25,000 in value, feel free to file a refund request following the refund request guidelines and format. 

Regards,

Sr. Support DrPathetic
Sr. Moderator Kat

• Like 2
  • NAY 7
  • Upvote 2