Kjaer

Siphoning Gas / Refillable Jerry's

Hello!

I believe Jerry cans should be made into multi-use (maybe with a durability so you have to buy a new one after X refills) items that can either be refueled via gas stations, OR refilled via siphoning gas from cars. I believe this could add some interesting crim rp, along with aid civillians in day to day life.

Edited by Kjaer
  • Like 1

+1
What sort of jerry can is one-use irl? Having one in your trunk you can use in a pinch then right click>refill in proximity of a gas station just makes sense. 

I also like the idea of siphoning if you have another script item like the tube alongside the jerry can.

5 hours ago, IroquoisP said:

You can't siphon gas from any car from like the 80s and up. They all got gates in the filler necks. Only way to do it would be to punch a hole in the tank

This is not entirely true, while yes most new vehicle now have anti-rollover valves which is a ball or butterfly valve. This leaves enough room for gas to flow through the fueling tube into the tank, but if the car flips over and gas begins to flow the other direction, the ball moves to the inlet and blocks the gas from escaping or the butterfly flap closes, they also work as anti-siphoning devices.

In the case of a butterfly valve, all that is needed is a screwdriver to pry the flap open. However a ball valve isn't able to be forced open and this is where some thieves get creative by installation T junction in fuel lines, accessing the fuel pump directly, or, by you said it, drilling into the tank.

Perhaps certain luxury cars and other high end makes and models will be installed with the more expensive and effective ball valve, while others will use the siphonable butterfly valve.

EDIT: Motorcycles usually also offer no protection whatsoever to siphoning besides being secured by a key on most models.

Edited by Kjaer

1 minute ago, Yputi said:

+1 refillable jerry cans 
-1 siphoning, as I feel like this is gonna be used for the wrong intentions. Not for making money.

I think this opens up to cool rp! Siphoning gas out of a gang's cars during a meeting to prevent a chase, gas selling rings, new petty theft avenues(who knows, LS might have another "shortage" :eyes:) and so on! I respect the -1's however. I definitely see some potential for abuse that would potentially need some kind of ooc address(import only? repairman only? Durability plus possible harm effect for swallowing gas?), but who knows. Feel free to build it up if you think we can make it work somehow.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.