JasC

Carlos Rodrigueez [DM]

Player(s) being reported: Carlos Rodrigueez (51)
Date of interaction reported: 2020/12/23
Unix time stamp from HUD: 092356f5cc7e04ff68988838fc3459a0.png

Your characters name: Jas_Ramano

Other player(s) involved: Jay Tecca, Mario Volkov, Enzo Volkov, Francis Slash

Specific rule(s) broken:

14. Deathmatch (DM) Deathmatching is the act of attacking a player without a proper IC motive and interaction. Prior interaction should include escalation such as a robbery or a report to the police. Players may not kill victims who have complied with a plausible demand in reasonable time unless involved in severe hostile activity against them or an ally within 3 hours. Players on foot should only be attempted to be hit with a vehicle once with valid motive. Vehicles cannot be used as weapons in active shootouts unless where unavoidable. Players must be able to explain their reason and provide proof of prior reasoning if requested. If a player informs you that your VOIP isn’t working, you must either fix your VOIP using appropriate commands or use text to deliver your demand.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

Aztecas were set up at sea lab when me and my allies noticed them. It being a drug lab and turf whom our allies try to cap at all times, we started scouting the situation.

While scouting, they shouted demands to my allies at the lab and shots started in the lab with me being far away from the scene. After a quick skirmish in the lab, both parties stopped and started to disperse. A minute after, I find myself getting chased by the Azteca kamacho and then shot down by them without any prior interaction.

I dont believe the kamacho had any rights to shoot me as I never posed any threat to him or his allies at any time during this whole scenario nor did I even got off my bike as seen in my POV. It is true that my allies and his allies just had a shootout in the lab but I dont think that gives him DM rights on myself, a minute after shots stopped, where I was never seen there and never presented any threat.

This didnt only affect this RP scenario but also affected another one where we had to fight at Grapeseed hangar 10 minutes after this and I couldnt participate in it because of Carlos’ actions. Carlos did try resolving it with me which I appreciate a lot but seeing how it affected my RP and looking at how he was punished for similar actions before in that report: https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/topic/43896-carlos_rodriguez-tony_cortese-deathmatching/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-236878 , I have decided to make the report.

Evidence of rule breach:

https://streamable.com/um6bob

• Like 1
  • NAY 11
  • Upvote 25

Player ID 51 - Carlos_Rodrigueez - Please provide your response to the reporter's claims, specifically: please explain why you feel that you were allowed to open fire on him.

The reported has 24 hours to respond to the aforementioned or the report may be concluded without his response.

Hi there, It started off with the reporting party's allies opening fire at Dre at sea lab while we were there, We then returned fire at them got out on foot at started shooting back, During this time a white Bf400 started to open fire at us from the hill above, We got back in the car and chased it up the hill, Once we got up the hill we seen the BF and opened fire at them, As you can hear there was an active shootout with his allies over the radio and you can hear the shots. As I said to him over PM, I can see that on his pov the shooter wasn't him that shot, He just happen to cross over at the wrong time, I do think his intentions were clear, His allies were there for a shootout including him and he would of been joining in once given the chance during the active shootout.

I'm going to show the PMs said, As he asked for compensation then decided to make a forum report, No doubt in retaliation of the DM from the report that was made from the LFM.

7pFo8xP.png

List of photos below 

https://imgur.com/a/8ogp0w3

Below is linked reports of similar situations 

The one below Buk was not even armed and was sprayed down because his allies started shooting at the back of the lab.

https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/topic/54591-unknown-ids-14-deathmatch-dm/?tab=comments#comment-269808

https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/topic/53970-id-225-dm-gabriel_barr/?tab=comments#comment-266693

• Like 5
  • NAY 12
  • Upvote 27

After careful deliberation, and consultation with other staff members, I have decided upon the following:

Carlos_Rodrigueez will receive a punishment for Deathmatching.

I do not find the reasoning given by the reported party to be sound, nor in accordance to the high standard we set for engaging on another player with no interaction. 

"Happened to cross over at the wrong time" is not acceptable, and you should be 100% sure of who you are shooting, especially in this context.

The reasoning provided that it was a shootout is also not valid in my opinion, the shootout was in the lab area, claiming that the mountain so far up that only two shots can ever be heard from the reporter's POV is part of the active shootout really stretches the definition. If the person in the BF400 was on foot, with a gun in his hand, I would be more moved by this argument, as they are clearly trying to get involved in the situation, and might warrant them being shot, even then I would probably interact first. 

However, in the current situation in which they were driving away from you, possibly running away from you on a bf400, I find you gunning them down with no interaction a breach of the deathmatching rules.

• Like 12
  • NAY 6
  • Upvote 1