Harveyyy

A new vehicle theft system.

I want to make a suggestion regarding stealing cars. What I feel right now is that stealing cars are a bit unrealistic, how? let me explain it.

When someone wants to steal a vehicle, they just use bobbypins, in which will help him unlocking the car doors, but what about the actual engine? 

Realistically, after I park my car, I would take off the keys from the ignition and then lock the doors, but here, all you have to do is just picklock the door and then magically turn on the engine (with no keys) and take off. 

How is that realistic if the actual keys are on the owner's person ?? 

How can this be improved? 

When someone park his vehicle, he should take off the keys by using a command like "/takekeys" this will make it impossible to turn on the engine, unless the thief has a "Hot-wire kit" which will has the same functionality as the bobbypins. /hotwire to initiate the process.

If the owner of the vehicle forgets to turn off the engine and take the keys off of the ignition, obviously, there would be no need for a hot-wire kit.

Just like the PD cruisers, if the engine is OFF, no one can turn it on unless they're PD and on-duty, I don't see the difference between cruisers and the other cars. 

This will also solve the issue where some people abuse the lag and yeet vehicles in an unrealistic manner. 

If anyone has any other ideas that will improve this, feel free to state it below, also if you feel like this would be abused in any way, please explain it below. 

This is just an idea that can be improved in numerous ways.

Cheers! 

Edited by Harveyyy
  • Upvote 2

But then the time to pick the goddamn car doors needs to be decreased, trying to start the engine should be the interesting part. In general its not very realistic to pick the door for like a minute, break the bobby pin (or whatever happens to it) and repeat. Again and again... Think the lock itself should be fucked when you try it too often and it would be nice if you could also break the doors with a crowbar.

Edited by Carl Johnson