TheFluciFial

Automatic Fine Deduction

As of right now, when arrested, fines are automatically deducted out of your bank account. That is just ridiculous and unrealistic on so many levels. Please remove that. Also, make paying tickets like loans, you may pay some of your ticket, but not all of it at once. +1 if you agree, -1 if you disagree. 

Edited by TheFluciFial
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SoloSmith said:

If it's not automatically paid, people won't pay them. 

Some people wont pay them, your right, but then you may suspend their licenses, put out warrants, take a % out of their bank account every-time a salary is redeemed, not unrealistically automatically deduct these fines from their bank accounts. 

Edited by TheFluciFial

-1 Eventually when you're being arrested for not paying a fine the money will be collected thru your bank/salary anyways. The only option I would suggest (Not optimal tho) is a higher jail time to serve when people are not able to pay (So no fine at all, just a way higher time).

+1 I can personally say that when I did NOT pay my tickets I was wanted and essentially hunted whenever I showed my face in the city, Which wasn't fun so I payed them. There is absolutely an incentive its called warrants. 

+1 I agree. As it's completely unrealistic that they take your money out of your account forcefully. I would suggest making the jail time longer depending on how much money in tickets or the amount of unpaid tickets you got. Yes I know something very similar has been suggested already. 

money or assets being seized is realistic in my opinion. -1, it was implemented for a reason, when people were responsible for it themselves they just went to jail for the same thing twice, the second imprisonment being for failure to pay fine x1.000.000

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:34 AM, SoloSmith said:

If it's not automatically paid, people won't pay them. 

find ways to make them pay, track them if they have more than lest say 1 week whitout made a payment. I like the way it was before, if you didn't pay you have the police on your ass 24/7, traking your phone, rading your house and taking you to jail again for not paying them.

also, fines need to be rework, its not proportional whit the amount of money you get pay for regulars jobs, plus most of the times when you get arrested, your car get destroy (whit is bad sport even in gta online) and you have to pay fines, jail time, mors and mechanics.

1 hour ago, Triple Seven said:

money or assets being seized is realistic in my opinion. -1, it was implemented for a reason, when people were responsible for it themselves they just went to jail for the same thing twice, the second imprisonment being for failure to pay fine x1.000.000

it's true that they just ignored it and went to jail twice for the same thing which is also pretty unrealistic. but just because a criminal is acting  unrealistically doesn't mean that the police should go down to their level

On 7.1.2018 at 4:56 AM, TheFluciFial said:

As of right now, when arrested, fines are automatically deducted out of your bank account. That is just ridiculous and unrealistic on so many levels. Please remove that. Also, make paying tickets like loans, you may pay some of your ticket, but not all of it at once. +1 if you agree, -1 if you disagree. 

Please explain how it is unrealistic that the government takes the money you owe it? IRL they'd take your possessions and freeze your bank account, you'd not get out of paying it. The only tool we have is this. So no, it's not unrealistic. 

Edited by flow

4 hours ago, flow said:

Please explain how it is unrealistic that the government takes the money you owe it? IRL they'd take your possessions and freeze your bank account, you'd not get out of paying it. The only tool we have is this. So no, it's not unrealistic. 

well, irl the goverment cant take your money like that, they need the order of a judge to do it so, same whit your possessions. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, flow said:

As @Shalamisaid, they do need a court order to do so, it isn't like they just go to the bank and take money out of your account. In-fact, IRL, they would actually suspend your licenses or help you get on a payment plan in-order to pay them, not automatically freeze your bank account (not everyone has a bank account), and I've never heard of a time in-which a court takes your possessions over unpaid fines. 

14 hours ago, TheFluciFial said:

As @Shalamisaid, they do need a court order to do so, it isn't like they just go to the bank and take money out of your account. In-fact, IRL, they would actually suspend your licenses or help you get on a payment plan in-order to pay them, not automatically freeze your bank account (not everyone has a bank account), and I've never heard of a time in-which a court takes your possessions over unpaid fines. 

If you don't pay your dues to the government, they will take your possessions. That's just how the system works. Yes, IRL there'd be a process before that can happen but again, we don't have those tools here.

Let's talk about realism then. 

We'd love to have everything as realistic as possible. No other faction on this server apart from MD has such a high desire for realism and strict RP as the PD does. No other faction has such a high emphasis on training and structured procedures. We want that more than anything. 

It was us, the PD, who lobbied for jail sentences to be reduced to 2 hours. We are also continuing to lobby for reduced fines to fit the jail times. We are well aware of the aspect of fun, we're not out to get you and ruin your day. It's a mutual thing. You have fun being a criminal and thus we have fun locking you up, it's a trade. 

There HAS to be punishment. And sadly, it has to be monetary. We had that, we had that fines didn't come out of your account automatically and everybody and their mothers were arrested all the time for failure to pay it. It's boring and tiring and not fun for the players involved. If you trust that people will do the right thing, you're on a losing streak. It's just frustrating, we've been through all of that before. That's why it was introduced in the first place. Ever since the system was put in, we have had a massive decline in stupid stuff people do simply for the fun of it. 

So no, removing that feature won't make anything better apart from your bank accounts and if that is your concern, then maybe you're not after the right motives in this.

You can not cry for realism without a trade-off. It doesn't work that way. Don't expect us to be the most realistic when we don't get the same luxury from you guys. 

Want it realistic, why not talk about the most obvious issues first? Why can you just buy a weapons license with felony charges on your record? Let's get rid of that feature because that's far more unrealistic than anything we do.

Edited by flow
  • Like 1

-1 When you have an overdue ticket it is a warrant. You can't pay your ticket parts at a time in real life unless you class under a certain income. If you don't like tickets don't do crimes. Don't vote to remove an aspect of roleplay because it doesn't suit YOUR specific desires as a criminal.

16 minutes ago, flow said:

Ever since the system was put in, we have had a massive decline in stupid stuff people do simply for the fun of it. 

server population is lower and the people on the server have learn to RP a lot more, I don't think that reduction on stupid stuff people do have noting to do whit automatinc fines pay.

idk but I use to like the days when I wake up and a msg on my screem tells me that "I have unpay tickets", that mens I have to go pay or hide away form the police, cuz Palmer was out to get everyone that didn't pay, it was fun.

Edited by Shalami

3 minutes ago, Shalami said:

server population is lower and the people on the server have learn to RP a lot more, I don't think that reduction on stupid stuff people do have noting to do whit automatinc fines pay.

That was put in way before the decline Shalami. If you could manage to stay unbanned for long enough, you could maybe see what I'm talking about and I'm quite frankly not really okay with someone like you, somebody who has broken server rules for all of his time and is currently permabanned, to post suggestions and try and shape the future of a server you have been disallowed to participate in. You sadly have no place and right to try and change things here, that privilege is gone.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, flow said:

That was put in way before the decline Shalami. If you could manage to stay unbanned for long enough, you could maybe see what I'm talking about and I'm quite frankly not really okay with someone like you, somebody who has broken server rules for all of his time and is currently permabanned, to post suggestions and try and shape the future of a server you have been disallowed to participate in. You sadly have no place and right to try and change things here, that privilege is gone.

Respect if a 2 way track Mr. Wallace. don't talk about what you don't know, cuz here we are not discussing my ban we have a section for that. your the one looking bad here talking about something that have noting to do whit a simple suggestion, but i wont go down to your lvl, cuz you Cleary cant separate your character from your real you, you most have like 3 moths RPing, so i understand you.

I have never disrespect you ooc, so i ask the same, or simple don't quote my name and manage your hate, il pm you the link to my fan page so you can join if you love me that much and need to keep track of me :).

and by the way, learn to read man, i did not make a suggestion, i just comment my opinion on a suggestion that another user did, and all suggestions make from a member of the community, even the bad ones, need to be handle whit education.

i will recommend you to learn to respect others and debate like a big boy, that's what a forum is for sir, not to place your personal opinion about my ban, cuz you whant me to tell you a secret ? nobody cares !.

Edited by Shalami
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Shalami said:

Respect if a 2 way track Mr. Wallace. don't talk about what you don't know, cuz here we are not discussing my ban we have a section for that. your the one looking bad here talking about something that have noting to do whit a simple suggestion, but i wont go down to your lvl, cuz you Cleary cant separate your character from your real you, you most have like 3 moths RPing, so i understand you.

I have never disrespect you ooc, so i ask the same, or simple don't quote my name and manage your hate, il pm you the link to my fan page so you can join if you love me that much and need to keep track of me :).

and by the way, learn to read man, i did not make a suggestion, i just comment my opinion on a suggestion that another user did, and all suggestions make from a member of the community, even the bad ones, need to be handle whit education.

i will recommend you to learn to respect others and debate like a big boy, that's what a forum is for sir, not to place your personal opinion about my ban, cuz you whant me to tell you a secret ? nobody cares !.

It is not disrespectful to have the opinion that somebody who has not upheld the server’s rules all throughout his time here isn’t a good fit to suggest changes to the server or support suggestions. You sadly just don’t deserve a voice and opinion in everything that concerns the server’s future as long as you are banned. Now you can either take that as disrespectful and insulting or rather for what it is, simple critique of your continuous disrespect for the server and its staff. 

• Like 1