Mo Stack

Non RP ID 250

Player(s) being reported: ID 250
Date of interaction reported: 12/11/2020
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1605206916

Your characters name: Mo Stacks

Specific rule(s) broken: Non RP

9. Non-Roleplay (NRP)

• Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay.

• Players are required to remain IC at all times. RP can only be paused or voided by admins.

• If a crash / disconnect occurs, players must post in the crash reports discord channel and contact all parties to resume. Players reconnecting must be given all opportunities held prior.

• Players should not instigate situations they do not have time to play through. If a player is chased they must wait 15 minutes before they can log out of the game.

• Players can’t depict their character with real images or game images not possible on ECRP.

Examples: Ignoring RP, baiting government services without proper IC reason, asking to be killed or forcing your own death, unrealistic stunt jumping, misusing expensive vehicles, using script work vehicles for other purpose, submerging any vehicle in water intentionally, swimming for an unrealistic amount of time in a chase, or stealing from / tampering with an OOC F4 menu.
How did the player break the rule(s)?

ID 250 was injured and i picked him up and ran with him on my shoulder till the beach and then dropped him while he was injured on my shoulder he was shouting not only once but done it twice. Everyone knows that you cant be shouting when your down but this player ignored the rules for no apparent reason his. This NRP almost got me shot.

Evidence of rule breach:

*https://streamable.com/wc3gct*
*https://gyazo.com/a855e5341a3b1a06b7b05b333145cfcc*

Edited by Mo Stack
  • Upvote 2

PENDING REVIEW
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Hi there! Thank you for submitting this player report.

This report will now be pending review by myself and @missundastood. During this time, we ask that you please refrain from any back-and-forth in this report between anyone involved.

Regards,
jason

PLAYER REPORT PENDING RESPONSES

Thank you for your patience while this report is under review. 

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, I have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. The following players will be required to provide their side of the story from this situation within the next twenty-four (24) hours:

• [Jacob_Leoni [ID 250]] - Please explain why you were circumventing the scripted whisper function while injured by using /s? Please provide any and all evidence/footage you have to represent your side.

If the players above fail to respond to this report within the next twenty-four (24) hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
Cbullet && missundastood

ID 250 here,

Haven't played much for several months, and the vast majority of my time has been as a civ (i.e. I'm not downed often). Looking at the rulebook (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hWuxkjWoWKDlrN4p-yuf8J69StfhutQa799HVRFMG1g/edit), which I read through prior to returning to eclipse, I see nothing regarding shouting while downed.

I also have no clue which 'scripted whisper function' I was circumventing by using /s? I always type /s when I want to shout?

I have no footage myself, and am quite frankly very surprised to see such a trivial report here.

Regardless, I would like some clarity on the reporting party's actions.

1) Is what the player did acceptable RP? I was knocked in a public area (the player found me downed), and the player decided to loot me there, pick me up, and carry me to a very crowded public beach to loot me again. (I'm imagining it's crowded due to the vast amount of beach accessories, towels, etc. present there). (I know him looting me is not in the video, however him (or a member of his 'party' has looted me and I'm sure logs can verify this. I don't think they took anything, as I generally have nothing of value on me.)
QM0AdEp.png

2) If shouting is not allowed while downed, perhaps it would be wise to scriptly enforce that? May I have a link to where this rule is, as I may be missing other rules that have changed during my time away from the server. 

Edited by Jleoni
1 hour ago, Jleoni said:

ID 250 here,

Haven't played much for several months, and the vast majority of my time has been as a civ (i.e. I'm not downed often). Looking at the rulebook (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hWuxkjWoWKDlrN4p-yuf8J69StfhutQa799HVRFMG1g/edit), which I read through prior to returning to eclipse, I see nothing regarding shouting while downed.

I also have no clue which 'scripted whisper function' I was circumventing by using /s? I always type /s when I want to shout?

I have no footage myself, and am quite frankly very surprised to see such a trivial report here.

Regardless, I would like some clarity on the reporting party's actions.

1) Is what the player did acceptable RP? I was knocked in a public area (the player found me downed), and the player decided to loot me there, pick me up, and carry me to a very crowded public beach to loot me again. (I'm imagining it's crowded due to the vast amount of beach accessories, towels, etc. present there). (I know him looting me is not in the video, however him (or a member of his 'party' has looted me and I'm sure logs can verify this. I don't think they took anything, as I generally have nothing of value on me.)
QM0AdEp.png

2) If shouting is not allowed while downed, perhaps it would be wise to scriptly enforce that? May I have a link to where this rule is, as I may be missing other rules that have changed during my time away from the server. 

Hello, thanks to your response 

regarding your first point i did not loot you, all i did was move you from one place to another. Secondly i asked you to save POV after the altercation to make sure you can provide your side of the story just sending a screenshot doesn't show anything.

Regarding your second point dont blame your poor rp skills on script abuse that isnt a valid excuse and if you were away from the server would you not re-read the rules if you took along time of, the same way you would double check something if you haven't done it for a long time.

Thridly calling my report trivial is demeaning and script abuse isnt a trivial report is a serious rule break, rule are put in place so people can have fun and clearly you took all the fun and enjoyment out of rp.

REPORT ACCEPTED
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

After reviewing this report and evidence attached to it, we've decided to accept this report and issue the punishments to the following player(s):

• Jacob_Leoni (250) - Warning | Using /s while downed.

It's not currently listed anywhere in the rulebook, but there's a semi-new script that sets your voip range to whisper, it not being applied to text as well was an oversight. In the future, do not use /s while injured as it's considered circumventing the whisper script.

If you have received a punishment that you disagree with, feel free to file a punishment appeal following the punishment appeal guidelines and format. If the reporting party suffered a loss greater than $25,000 in value, feel free to file a refund request following the refund request guidelines and format. 

Regards,
jason