ID 89 - 6. Metagaming (MG)

Player(s) being reported: ID 89
Date of interaction reported: 20/10/2020
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1603163720

Your characters name: Mike Reyes

Other player(s) involved: N/A

Specific rule(s) broken:

6. Metagaming (MG)

• Metagaming is the act of relaying IC information through any method not considered IC that has the potential to change current or future roleplay scenarios or using that information. 

• Mixing IC and OOC information without any benefit is a minor MG offense. For example, a player uses IC chat to call someone by their player ID displayed above their head.

• Players may not have any interaction or knowledge from their alternate characters.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

Guy is on an alt character which had 3k xp, he's made the character to look exactly like Ricky Brasco that's in GD. His main character Roland is in Irish which is currently in conflict with GD aswell as with my character being apart of Aztecas. He willingly just walks over, randomly hops on my bike, I knew he would check my glovebox so in order to avoid him taking the item I place it on my back so see's I have an AK and immediately calls police saying guy has an AK grey gang member in attempt to get me arrested. I have never interacted with this character, nor do I believe he even has IC knowledge of Ricky or GD on that character and if so I imagine it to be NLR info. I deem this to be clear metagaming using information from his main character as his character would have no reason to even hop on my bike, let alone just make the character look like Ricky.

I'm also not making this report because I lost anything of significance infact I lost nothing but a few bullets, I just think a precedent needs to be set that doing this is ridiculous and childish.

Evidence of rule breach:

https://streamable.com/wfmgry

Edited by Conner
  • Like 3

Hello I am ID 89 in this situation. Its a bit vague for me as its been over 48 hours since this situation and I was NEVER told to save pov, but thankfully you were able to provide me of a POV. I would like to first of all address that this character was made before the huge conflict and was supposed to be an alt I could use to be a Sheriff officer. There was an IC conflict where Ricky Basco told me ICly I was ugly so I went to central MD and did a change and tried to make my character look like him. I would also like to point the metagaming and DM in this report. at 10 seconds you can see him opening his scoreboard for some reason to check my XP I do hope that he did not use this to influence his IC decision. at 0:55 he also metagames me calling the cops. He would not have been able to RPly hear me calls cops and then proceeds to call it out on the radio. So not only did he metagame my call to PD he then decide to DM me as he would not have RPly heard that, thus granting him DM rights so my question to the reporting party is why do you think you had DM rights on me after you metagamed me calling PD, also I would like to request to see the full clip, because I know for a fact, you do not only record 1:40 seconds without it being edited out, also why did you wait 47 hours before making this report? Thank you Krooks for taking this report.

• Like 1

Hey how you doing Krooks thank you for taking this report, I am commenting because I am involved. 

1. I am the person you are impersonating

2. You stated that you interacted with me

First off you claim  your intentions in making this character was to join SD. Fair, many people I know make LEO alts for many reasons. Although, what concerns me about your alt in particular is on September 11th yourself and a few other Irish alts (Can be confirmed with unix and ID's in the video) were at LSC pretending to be GD and you were pretending to be me. If I recall correctly it was you (ID 80) and ID 69 who were in a bifta, baiting us to chase you while continuously taunting and provoking us eventually leading us into a small ambush.

As for your claim that you interacted with me prior to having your big makeover, I would like to challenge that statement due to your character having just over 1 hour play time when you were seen at LSC on the night of September 11th. 

I would like to note that Rebecca Carter (ID 69) is now one of our very own LSPD's finest. Nice to know players join PD with a clear bias. 

The video down below shows part of the events that took place on September 11th where we were led into a small ambush.  I would like for each of these fake GD to have their ID's checked and to find out if they are all 4 are irish alts or just the 3 who are confirmed. 

• Like 10
On 10/22/2020 at 4:45 AM, amazezzz said:

Hello I am ID 89 in this situation. Its a bit vague for me as its been over 48 hours since this situation and I was NEVER told to save pov, but thankfully you were able to provide me of a POV. I would like to first of all address that this character was made before the huge conflict and was supposed to be an alt I could use to be a Sheriff officer. There was an IC conflict where Ricky Basco told me ICly I was ugly so I went to central MD and did a change and tried to make my character look like him. I would also like to point the metagaming and DM in this report. at 10 seconds you can see him opening his scoreboard for some reason to check my XP I do hope that he did not use this to influence his IC decision. at 0:55 he also metagames me calling the cops. He would not have been able to RPly hear me calls cops and then proceeds to call it out on the radio. So not only did he metagame my call to PD he then decide to DM me as he would not have RPly heard that, thus granting him DM rights so my question to the reporting party is why do you think you had DM rights on me after you metagamed me calling PD, also I would like to request to see the full clip, because I know for a fact, you do not only record 1:40 seconds without it being edited out, also why did you wait 47 hours before making this report? Thank you Krooks for taking this report.

Thanks to Krooks taking this report, I appreciate your time and effort to resolving these issues constantly.

Bit vague? I know you remember this clearly as this was your intention for that night. Interacting solely with people you're ICly in conflict with on your main character as I come to know of you on radio by people saying there's a fake Ricky talking to everyone, and by everyone I mean it so happened to be everyone you're in conflict with on your main character which is pretty sus. The reason this report was made just before the 48 hour time frame was because I originally sent this to a higher up to pass on to FM (which I clearly told you on PM's after) as I would rather it be solved that way without no forum report bs but I was then informed to make a forum report.

The scoreboard was ooc check as I clearly knew this wasn't Ricky as people was saying on radio there's a fake ricky going round nor would Ricky be driving that car, so to make sure I was checking OOCly for the footage and the exact reason of the report. I had DM rights as you where calling PD on me claiming heavy weaponry "Prior interaction should include escalation such as a robbery or a report to the police." You had your window down and RPly saw you with the phone to your ear so out of curiosity I drove closer where I heard you saying "Guy at city parking has an AK gray gang member" as seen in the chat, I would've realistically heard this as your window was down and as you can see "Player 89" was in hard white not the grey colour which indicates I would be in a realistic range close enough to hear you saying that hence why I started shooting at you. If you felt this way, you should've made a DM report but you didn't. End of the day I can scriptly hear you calling the Police regardless thus granting the DM rights, the devs made the text range this way and its been this way for ages you could've avoided this yourself and made the call far away such as round the corner etc. I'd say you should make a suggestion to lower the radius if you don't like it.

https://gyazo.com/eab0e31607d3e61bb3b569c119f12d94

This is the full clip of the situation at hand? Full clip of what exactly? me being sat at parking for 10 mins prior talking to the guy I was talking to. Stop avoiding the main part of the report I think you should explain as to why you thought it would be funny to just hop on my bike randomly? What kind of RP is that? how many other peoples bikes did you hop on prior? Did you have RP reason to do it? As I said, I have NEVER interacted with that character other than the time Ricky posted above in which you got killed.

As I said I didn't want this to be a forum report nor interested in the ooc negativity recently, I was advised to make this. I will not be responding any further unless asked to by a member of staff.

Edited by Conner
  • Like 4
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 1
Hello this will be my final reply, unless asked by staff. You never had DM rights on me as you never RPly heard me calling cops. You are stating in your report that you only heard "Guy at city parking has an AK gray gang member" where did you ever hear RPly that I was calling cops? Thus not granting you DM rights. Also you MG'ed me calling cops unfortunately your audio does not catch it but you can clearly see when in dark gray chat ( You would not have RPly heard it ) police pops up you mention it on the radio as your allies start saying if he calls cops just blast him. This character has never used any IC info I gathered on Roland "Players may not have any interaction or knowledge from their alternate characters." as I have met you guys before hand.
Edited by amazezzz
  • NAY 3
  • Upvote 1

Giorgos will proceed with inquiry - however I want to state that I am handling the metagaming claims regarding characters that look just like other characters and engaging with gangs/characters they should seemingly not have knowledge of (as a new character). The claims of DM was looked into by Tezhl in game as seen in the POV (with him dropping in). Please standby for inquiry which will be sent out presently.

• Like 1

PENDING RESPONSE
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. We would like to receive a response from the following player(s) to explain their side of the story:

• Brian_Bridges (89) @amazezzz - What is your character's motivation to dress and look like this? Why are you interacting with these characters? What is this specific character’s motivation to interact repeatedly with these people? How did this character encounter or gather knowledge of these gangs, their names, what they look like, etc?
    Do you truly feel that your interactions with these gangs are from this specific character and this specific characters desires, goals, experience and NOT gathered from experiences had on another character? If so please explain how.

If the requested player(s) do not respond within 24 hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability. 

Regards,
Moderator Krooks 
& Senior Support GiorgosK.

Edited by GiorgosK
Posted by mistake.

Brian_Bridges (89) here,  as I have said already, the reason I dressed to look like this was from an previous RP experience with GD, which I died in, and the only reason I even interacted with this person here was to try to have some fun RP experience with people, it was not just him that I interacted with even minutes later I interacted with a purple gang and got into a police chase, etc. The only goal I have on this character is to be a unknown mini criminal that does little stuff like burglary and car theft. I have already said that if you look into logs you can see me going to the hospital the very same night before I died to GD because of a conflict to get a appearance change, because of a a small conflict they had with me and my friends.

• Like 1

PLAYER REPORT ACCEPTED

Thank you for your patience while this report was under review.

After reviewing this report and evidence attached to it, I've decided to accept this report and issue a punishment to the following player(s):                

• Brian_Bridges  l ID 89 l Warning: Mixing - It goes without saying that the behavior on display in this reported incident is not behavior that we want to encourage in this server. The original incident with GD has been confirmed through a thorough search of the logs - however the behavior shows a character that is not interested in providing quality roleplay in its own right. 
    • How is it realistic that a character would go and get plastic surgery because a random stranger called them ugly? It is not realistic. Get clothes to impersonate? Perhaps. Get a full blown surgery that realistically would cost MANY dollars and be life threatening??
    • How is it realistic to hop on cars and access their inventory while the owner is sitting on the bike with a heavy weapon? It is not realistic. The owner could easily rob or injure you for doing so. Realistically a gang member would not hesitate to shoot down someone who is attempting to rob their property. To act as if they would not is only relying on the deathmatching rules we have in place.
    • How is it realistic for a random small time criminal to repeatedly harass members of a larger well known gang? It is not realistic - you would be taken care of so quickly.
    • All of these questions are only compounded when you know the other characters that you play and their relation to the original reporting party. Seemingly every decision made on this character has been to harass, interact with, etc gangs that you are in a conflict with on another character. 
  • We ask that you ask yourself - am I here to provide quality roleplay on this character. If the answer is yes then these sorts of situations need to stop. Any further repeats of situations like this continuing will be opening discussions of not here to rp as these situations do not promote or represent the kind of RP we want to see in this community. 
  • You are receiving a warning today with the understanding in good faith that you will not continue these behaviors. 

If you have received a punishment that you disagree with, feel free to file a punishment appeal following the punishment appeal guidelines and format. If the reporting party suffered a loss greater than $25,000 in value, feel free to file a refund request following the refund request guidelines and format. 

Regards,

Krooks & GiorgosK

• Like 1