Jump to content
CodyCaddel

Are crims getting a buff/cops getting nerfed at all or is it just going to continue to go downhill?

Recommended Posts

I think most of what makes people think that cops are overpowered is the cops themselves, not the scripts that give them their powers. Most cops just cant seem to fathom not getting their way, and they have the ability to powergame much more successfully than crims without repercussions. Seems that they will do anything to win the situation and waste as much of your time as possible by putting as many charges on you as they can. 

There are however some cops out there with exceptional RP that knows how it works and doesnt just have the "im a cop so i cant be beaten" mentality. I agree with everything @Jbacon says and will personally say that his RP is above exceptional. To be able to play the "mean cop" vibe that everyone gets about him while still giving crims some slack is awesome. Even just him giving me a slightly less timed charge such as accessory instead of the full charge he could have given, makes a huge difference and i think that all cops need to take notes on it. There are just far too many cops that cant lose a situation, hence giving the whole faction a bad rep in the crim community, and not highlighting the players who actually give good police RP. 

So while the general opinion is that cops are overpowered compared to crims, it all depends on the cop you RP with. and if you get lucky then youll get one of the few special ones. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

We still don't have a car that can keep up with the comet retro when its being driven at 300+ kph which happens daily... or the Drag in the city. Even the heli cant keep up with the retro.

Comets don’t go over 240. If you are chasing one that does then report for big abuse. And Helis can easily keep up with a retro since the retro needs to stay on a straight to maintain 240. The moment the retro makes a turn it will need at least 5-7 seconds for it to reach 240 again which is more than enough time for a heli to catch up if it happened to fall behind. Also you claim that you don’t have a car that can keep up with the retro.. that’s a good one.  I recall on a few occasions where I had 2 heli’s, 2 811s (1 was a personal vehicle), a t20, swat on drags, and about 12 cruisers on me. The 811 may not have turbo but it can easily get to 240 regardless. Standard police cruisers can push 220+ even hitting 240 down certain roads. Now on top of that you can open fire whenever you please because “sirens are demands” and whenever you’ve decided the chase has gone on long enough you deploy “destructible barricades”. 

Now I want to make this clear I’m not bashing your rp whatsoever as I stated many times I believe you provide the best rp out of all the LEOs, I’m simply stating that hitting 240 consistently don’t mean shit as a criminal. 

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure about which 811s your talking about but when it comes to PD 811s ours do not reach that kind of speeds, I have driven the faction ones extensively. and max i have ever seen is 220 (if im lucky) that being said if someone knows the bumps and all that perhaps can push it past...

As for a heli, they max at 220 unless your in a decent which I've managed 240... but it is in short bursts... that beings said, you get on a highway in the comet, and there's nothing gonna catch you. 

I think your mixing up PD and SD on the drags and the personal 811, as to my knowledge (and i have good tabs on all the supers) there is no PD HC (only people that can deploy personal cars for pursuits) that have an 811 sitting in the garage. Drags are not a vehicle that PD has access to, we have the standard hakachu, and only HC can permit a drag being used and to my knowledge that has occurred in sometime. But we are working on a counter measure to the drag situation as they are very difficult to catch.

As for the barricades, these are placed rather then cruisers as you all know sometimes there is desync at crazy speeds meaning things don't load in, thus because of fear rp and dm rules it was decided that a destructible barrier out both permit the player to drive through it if they are smart about it, and also prevent putting officers at risk of getting creamed at 200+kph. That being said non destructible ones will still be used on static scenes to prevent people from flying through the scene and killing everyone and potentially being reported for mass dm. (to protect players in the scene and the player that may experience desync)

PD opening fire is only for pursuits that have caused injury to a civilian, cop or has posed a TRUE threat to the public. (extend pursuit times with collisions, or risk to the public (driving on sidewalks, wrong side of the road) you will also notice that 95% of the time the shots only occur on the highways, where there is less civilian player traffic, and no residential properties. (obviously there are excruciating circumstances that can provide deviation from this.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

I'm not sure about which 811s your talking about but when it comes to PD 811s ours do not reach that kind of speeds, I have driven the faction ones extensively. and max i have ever seen is 220 (if im lucky) that being said if someone knows the bumps and all that perhaps can push it past...

As for a heli, they max at 220 unless your in a decent which I've managed 240... but it is in short bursts... that beings said, you get on a highway in the comet, and there's nothing gonna catch you. 

I think your mixing up PD and SD on the drags and the personal 811, as to my knowledge (and i have good tabs on all the supers) there is no PD HC (only people that can deploy personal cars for pursuits) that have an 811 sitting in the garage. Drags are not a vehicle that PD has access to, we have the standard hakachu, and only HC can permit a drag being used and to my knowledge that has occurred in sometime. But we are working on a counter measure to the drag situation as they are very difficult to catch.

As for the barricades, these are placed rather then cruisers as you all know sometimes there is desync at crazy speeds meaning things don't load in, thus because of fear rp and dm rules it was decided that a destructible barrier out both permit the player to drive through it if they are smart about it, and also prevent putting officers at risk of getting creamed at 200+kph. That being said non destructible ones will still be used on static scenes to prevent people from flying through the scene and killing everyone and potentially being reported for mass dm. (to protect players in the scene and the player that may experience desync)

PD opening fire is only for pursuits that have caused injury to a civilian, cop or has posed a TRUE threat to the public. (extend pursuit times with collisions, or risk to the public (driving on sidewalks, wrong side of the road) you will also notice that 95% of the time the shots only occur on the highways, where there is less civilian player traffic, and no residential properties. (obviously there are excruciating circumstances that can provide deviation from this.)

it is still weird that the pd can use a 811 or a t20 that are supercars and i idk why the pd are followig me with a 811 OFF ROAD like come on. and when like a guy with a BF400 wanna do wielie is that then non-rp while a 15mil car going off road full speed come on that is then not non-rp that is a little to much? it is why to over the limit there is no change to lose 20police cruiser 2 811 2 t20 and a chopper after if you do succeed then you are a LEGEND lol

Edited by AlbertoPanchino
Link to post
Share on other sites

@AlbertoPanchinoIf you can provide some footage of a 811 chasing you off road whilst you were not in a supercar/sports car then I would appreciate that being sent to me so I can approach the person. Without evidence I cant act on this.

As for losing 20 police cruises 2 811 and 2 t20 and a chopper. I would like to see evidence of this as PD we have a policy, only 1 HSIU (Super) is permitted to be deployed at once... I cant speak for SD though. Please provide evidence to back your claim or stop slandering a faction as we can all slander without evidence.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly that is SD, that is not PD.
Secondly you want us to not drive our sports cars/super cars off road yet you feel it is acceptable to drive your sports car off road, seems like a double standard.
The 811 did not ram you, it was struck and collided with you.
Still would love to see the one with the 4 supers though and the 20 officers and helicopter.

Based on server rules when it comes to driving off road, if the server scripting permits it then it is acceptable by rp standards set forward by server staff. (as of my last reading surrounding that rule).

In that incident if you wished to have people rp to the highest level, and had it been me on my criminal, when that kamacho collided with me like that I would of RP'd Injuried as I have many times in far more minor collision but this isn't' about my or your rp level.

PD and SD are managed by different groups, I am a Senior member in PD and have witnessed a pursuit of cars that RL would stand no chance off road on their own let alone in a pursuit going 200 off the side of a highway straight up a mountain. In these instances PD supers wouldn't follow you if there is a helicopter and/or other units in the proximity that can. I cant speak on SD's behalf nor would I as I have zero involvement with their faction. Nor am I in a place to provide guidance to said faction, and based on the report you linked server staff has deemed it as acceptable use.

Quote

Secondly, i would like to address the supposed rulebreak involving the 811 ramming and the reasoning behind not issuing any punishments. Contrary to the statements made within the appeal, off road driving has been deemed acceptable under certain circumstances; this is  because it is difficult for us to draw a line and determine what's acceptable or not, and therefore we are still continuing to allow off-road driving as long as you can maintain control of your vehicle and don't perform any stunt jumps. This is in-line with what is seen in the provided footage of this player report as you can see the reported party maintain full control over their vehicles as well as not perform any stunt jumps while in the process of chasing you. In addition to this, i do not consider your claim of the 811 driver consciously utilizing his vehicle to ram you to be plausible in the slightest; it becomes evidently clear based on the footage provided within this player report that a vehicle accident involving the 811 and another cruiser is what ultimately caused the unfortunate collision with your vehicle. Contrary to what is stated within this player report, it was not a conscious effort of ramming your vehicle but more so an unfortunate accident which resulted in the collision with your vehicle. 

 

Edited by Jbacon
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jbacon said:



As for a heli, they max at 220 unless your in a decent which I've managed 240... but it is in short bursts... that beings said, you get on a highway in the comet, and there's nothing gonna catch you. 
 

Heli's do not have speedcaps and I was able to hit 290 in it

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

Firstly that is SD, that is not PD.
Secondly you want us to not drive our sports cars/super cars off road yet you feel it is acceptable to drive your sports car off road, seems like a double standard.
The 811 did not ram you, it was struck and collided with you.
Still would love to see the one with the 4 supers though and the 20 officers and helicopter.

Based on server rules when it comes to driving off road, if the server scripting permits it then it is acceptable by rp standards set forward by server staff. (as of my last reading surrounding that rule).

In that incident if you wished to have people rp to the highest level, and had it been me on my criminal, when that kamacho collided with me like that I would of RP'd Injuried as I have many times in far more minor collision but this isn't' about my or your rp level.

PD and SD are managed by different groups, I am a Senior member in PD and have witnessed a pursuit of cars that RL would stand no chance off road on their own let alone in a pursuit going 200 off the side of a highway straight up a mountain. In these instances PD supers wouldn't follow you if there is a helicopter and/or other units in the proximity that can. I cant speak on SD's behalf nor would I as I have zero involvement with their faction. Nor am I in a place to provide guidance to said faction, and based on the report you linked server staff has deemed it as acceptable use.

 

first of all i was not driving and it was not a my car. So you're going to compare a comet to an 811 come on dude and the 811 was like going full speed off road like come on when i do it with a bf400 whieling a cross the city then it is non-rp but when you guys going full speed off roed and ramming with a 811 mmmm litlle to much eh

Link to post
Share on other sites

The understanding with the supercars is that we have to respect the fact they cost a lot of money and we don't want to do things that may cause unnecessary damage to a vehicle. There is going off road on relatively easy terrain to drive and there is going up and down mountains. There is a clear distinction.

In the report you linked, the 811 did not ram any body, it was hit by the other sheriff cruiser.
But then why are you driving a Comet off-road and onto train tracks, then complaining about others, Alberto?

As for the helicopter, standard use of them tops them out at about 230-240. 
If pepjin got his helicopter to 290, he was more than likely doing something that he shouldn't of been. It will only go that fast if you are decreasing altitude significantly (which you aren't in a pursuit, you are more or less the same height, with the front of the helicopter tipped forward slightly) 

In terms of PD and super cars, you have to have a certain rank and there are a list of vehicles we can deploy the high speed for. But again, they are also unmodded.

You might want a PD "nerf" but this is the same server that has the Hakuchou Drag still in circulation. I don't think people bought F620s for the style did they? What about the recent bike debacle? They had to speed cap all the cars, because some of them could 250.. 280..

Threads like this come along every once in a while yet when you ask people the same questions, they offer no real answers.

Balancing the server is only a priority if it's in their own personal interest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Rickyriggz said:

I thank you for admitting this. I was waiting for someone to mention this. Glad that it came from someone who flew xray

Xray can only do 290 if you abuse the wiggle mechanic same way you can do with some cars. Xray actually struggles to reach to 240 sometimes, if you have some altitude you can use that and drop so you gain some speed, but if xray is going 290 they are abusing the wiggle mechanic ( again, if you are at 1000 feet you can do a wide turn which will cause you to go forward and fall down at the same time gaining speed at the expense of the altitude )

Edited by BrainDed
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bala said:

The understanding with the supercars is that we have to respect the fact they cost a lot of money and we don't want to do things that may cause unnecessary damage to a vehicle. There is going off road on relatively easy terrain to drive and there is going up and down mountains. There is a clear distinction.

In the report you linked, the 811 did not ram any body, it was hit by the other sheriff cruiser.
But then why are you driving a Comet off-road and onto train tracks, then complaining about others, Alberto?

As for the helicopter, standard use of them tops them out at about 230-240. 
If pepjin got his helicopter to 290, he was more than likely doing something that he shouldn't of been. It will only go that fast if you are decreasing altitude significantly (which you aren't in a pursuit, you are more or less the same height, with the front of the helicopter tipped forward slightly) 

In terms of PD and super cars, you have to have a certain rank and there are a list of vehicles we can deploy the high speed for. But again, they are also unmodded.

You might want a PD "nerf" but this is the same server that has the Hakuchou Drag still in circulation. I don't think people bought F620s for the style did they? What about the recent bike debacle? They had to speed cap all the cars, because some of them could 250.. 280..

Threads like this come along every once in a while yet when you ask people the same questions, they offer no real answers.

Balancing the server is only a priority if it's in their own personal interest.

Again i was not the guy who was driving if i was the driver i didn't go off road

the problem is people who are in the high rank they dont think they are just driving with a 811 and going in persuit off road and ramming people

and the people who buyed the f620 buy it because they don't wanna go to jail for 2hours when they are in a chase because they are done with it that is why

and i never sayed about a nerf i just wanna see balance in this problem because this is a big problem 

Link to post
Share on other sites

and i already know because they are not gonna change nothing because 80 procent of the staff team are by the PD or SD or DOC 

so i already know nothing is gone change but i hope there would be a change because people cant handle anymore i only see police cruisers going after Warreners LOL and still calling a 811 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alberto as I have mentioned multiple times. PD AND SD HAVE DIFFERENT POLICIES the use of a super is in response to increasingly fast cars on the server.  You show me a city in the usa where a cop car is always slower then the ones its chasing. I can tell you from talling to police on my area their cars far exceed 90+% capability of those of a civilian car. In cities that have excessive hyper cars cops have them in response. Have a look at Dubai's police force.

You are asking police on the server to maintain a higher level of rp then that of other players. Which we already do with our hundreds of policies ic and ooc, yet offer no solution other then make it non rp for a cop to chase me off road.

I am sorry you feel that cops have an advantage over you but in rl tell me they dont and then we can compare.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

Alberto as I have mentioned multiple times. PD AND SD HAVE DIFFERENT POLICIES the use of a super is in response to increasingly fast cars on the server.  You show me a city in the usa where a cop car is always slower then the ones its chasing. I can tell you from talling to police on my area their cars far exceed 90+% capability of those of a civilian car. In cities that have excessive hyper cars cops have them in response. Have a look at Dubai's police force.

You are asking police on the server to maintain a higher level of rp then that of other players. Which we already do with our hundreds of policies ic and ooc, yet offer no solution other then make it non rp for a cop to chase me off road.

I am sorry you feel that cops have an advantage over you but in rl tell me they dont and then we can compare.

did you see a police cruiser going full speed off road and ramming?

yea i know dubai has a lot of Super cars in the enforcement but to you see them using them off road i dont think so my friend

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AlbertoPanchino said:

did you see a police cruiser going full speed off road and ramming?

yea i know dubai has a lot of Super cars in the enforcement but to you see them using them off road i dont think so my friend

 

but i also dont see criminals driving porsches or stretched motorcycles off road either... soooooooooo
as for masks at the bank... pre covid,  you do that and see what happens.

Edited by Jbacon
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jbacon said:

but i also dont see criminals driving porsches or stretched motorcycles off road either... soooooooooo
as for masks at the bank... pre covid,  you do that and see what happens.

we can discuss this on and on 

i just wanna confirm that there need be a balance nothing need be nerfed or whatever just need to see a balance 

that is the main thing and at the end it is just a game where people just trying to have fun and going to the forums every shootout or every chase is stupid tho

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just a game, where your actions have consequences and risks. It just so happens that PD or SD are your consequences and going to jail is your risk. We are the main danger you face and you are put in that danger by having the option to do whatever you want to do regardless of the law.

End of the day, it's not really for us to decide amongst ourselves what's realistic and is not. We're told in PD what we're allowed to use by our faction leader. That faction leader answers to the higher ups in the community and they answer to the founders.

I'd expect you to use whatever means you have in game to allow you to evade, so why wouldn't you expect the same of me, you know?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jbacon said:

Alberto as I have mentioned multiple times. PD AND SD HAVE DIFFERENT POLICIES the use of a super is in response to increasingly fast cars on the server.  You show me a city in the usa where a cop car is always slower then the ones its chasing. I can tell you from talling to police on my area their cars far exceed 90+% capability of those of a civilian car. In cities that have excessive hyper cars cops have them in response. Have a look at Dubai's police force.

You are asking police on the server to maintain a higher level of rp then that of other players. Which we already do with our hundreds of policies ic and ooc, yet offer no solution other then make it non rp for a cop to chase me off road.

I am sorry you feel that cops have an advantage over you but in rl tell me they dont and then we can compare.

Bro I live in Dubai. 

And that statement means nothing, they never use them to chase a car or never have I seen it happen or recorded. They are mostly for show or only when they are actually chasing someone not normal cars. I have seen PD chase a sultan classic with 4 people (180kmh) and the cruisers hit 227. They took out a super and chased it. I am not being bias, you are my friend. You play PD all the time and no hate but you are bias and not willing to say that. I am not bias because I understand PD's policies. But calling an extra car on the back of a dominator so he doesn't "run away" or having a hell over a normal car on a regular police traffic stop is not realistic at all. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BrainDed said:

Xray can only do 290 if you abuse the wiggle mechanic same way you can do with some cars. Xray actually struggles to reach to 240 sometimes, if you have some altitude you can use that and drop so you gain some speed, but if xray is going 290 they are abusing the wiggle mechanic ( again, if you are at 1000 feet you can do a wide turn which will cause you to go forward and fall down at the same time gaining speed at the expense of the altitude )

unknown.png

how do you explain this picture made in a buzard during a chase?

Link to post
Share on other sites

PD is to OP as of today, and I will explain why.

-Cruisers can easily hit 240 if you have high FPS.

-X-ray does not have a speedcap and with a good pilot you can hit 260 all the time.

-Cops have unlimited Ammo, body armor and heavy weapons.

-Super cars may be used when chasing 9/10 of the sports cars.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bala said:

It's just a game, where your actions have consequences and risks. It just so happens that PD or SD are your consequences and going to jail is your risk. We are the main danger you face and you are put in that danger by having the option to do whatever you want to do regardless of the law.

End of the day, it's not really for us to decide amongst ourselves what's realistic and is not. We're told in PD what we're allowed to use by our faction leader. That faction leader answers to the higher ups in the community and they answer to the founders.

I'd expect you to use whatever means you have in game to allow you to evade, so why wouldn't you expect the same of me, you know?

sooo you gone wake up and say aight lets go with a 811 in the city going full speed off road and arrest criminal and putting them in jail for hours because it so fun if you wake like that then you are not very good in your head man. i am  not insulting you have talking in general. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.