CodyCaddel

Are crims getting a buff/cops getting nerfed at all or is it just going to continue to go downhill?

12 minutes ago, FrankieP said:

1). I agree that crims using multi-million dollar vehicles for petty crimes can be unrealistic. In one of my reports, the reported parties got warnings for conducting a pointless and fruitless robbery in 20mil cars.

2). Crims have those vehicles because of the money they make. PD has a budget they have to adhere to, and buying supercars for the force is unrealistic. PD should not have drags and supercars

The thing is, in a realistically crowded metropolitan city vehicles like that would stand out very much and would not likely be used. Aside from that if you want to go about the realistic route - will you ever see criminals in multimillion dollar vehicles being used for their criminal activities? The obvious answer is no. The same goes for supercars being used by the Police Department. 

To continue the realism - if a criminal gets caught in real life with possessions worth a lot and they have no way of showing their income the possessions will be taken away apart from being taxed over all their assumed income. 

I'm fine with your argument that the Police Department using supercars is unrealistic and I even agree. However, it sounds like you're saying it should be considered realistic that criminals would use multimillion dollar vehicles in the exercise of their criminal activities with, realistically, have a big chance of losing them instead of a relatively small impound fee which you know from ECRP. 

I can't really comprehend how you can think the one is completely unrealistic but the other one is completely fine because, in my opinion, both should be judged by the same standard. 

12 minutes ago, Roderick said:

The thing is, in a realistically crowded metropolitan city vehicles like that would stand out very much and would not likely be used. Aside from that if you want to go about the realistic route - will you ever see criminals in multimillion dollar vehicles being used for their criminal activities? The obvious answer is no. The same goes for supercars being used by the Police Department. 

To continue the realism - if a criminal gets caught in real life with possessions worth a lot and they have no way of showing their income the possessions will be taken away apart from being taxed over all their assumed income. 

I'm fine with your argument that the Police Department using supercars is unrealistic and I even agree. However, it sounds like you're saying it should be considered realistic that criminals would use multimillion dollar vehicles in the exercise of their criminal activities with, realistically, have a big chance of losing them instead of a relatively small impound fee which you know from ECRP. 

I can't really comprehend how you can think the one is completely unrealistic but the other one is completely fine because, in my opinion, both should be judged by the same standard. 

With it still being a video game, you have to expect that a criminal character will spend their time doing criminal activities. There only so much recreational rp one can do before returning to criminal activities, because that's where the majority of their rp, income and politics comes from. They work hard for cash, and the reward is having vehicles that can out perform PD and enemies, so I believe it makes perfect sense for them to be able to use them vehicles in criminal activities. It would only really make sense to downgrade if you were doing some undercover or covert rp

9 minutes ago, FrankieP said:

They work hard for cash, and the reward is having vehicles that can out perform PD and enemies, so I believe it makes perfect sense for them to be able to use them vehicles in criminal activities.

And that's exactly my point. I get that it's a video game and let's face it, all of us are here for one simple thing: fun. But we obviously disagree on a very simple, though fundamental point in discussions like these. I would like to have both sides judged by the same realism standard, whereas you're mostly appealing to only limit your ingame opposition.

Everything described in the OP just makes me think you're looking for an easy way to go about doing crimes all over the city. I understand when people complain about some of the equipment we get, lack of justice system, etc... even if I disagree with them. However, your case doesn't even apply, it seems like you want to dumb down PD players and make them give you a chance to escape even when they have gone through the IC effort of setting something up or calling for backup. 

That's not ''nerfing PD'' via script changes or by adding stuff to the civilian/criminal side, that's wanting to limit how players take and use IC information and act on it.

• Like 1