JukezRP

ID 95 - Extreme GrossRP?

Player(s) being reported: Name unknown, ID 95
Date of interaction reported: Date here
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1602724636

Your characters name: Mason Meowgi (was not involved)

Other player(s) involved: Shamel Williams

Specific rule(s) broken:

Specific rule is not really clear in the rulebook but I believe it can go under GrossRP, ruined the mood for Dotted and the viewers of the stream including myself. I believe such disgusting references of a past RACIAL event which caused a death of an individual in the real world should never be made and it's completely unacceptable. Racial slurs are pretty common but the fact that what he used in /do was in reference of a real world event is just on another level.. 

How did the player break the rule(s)?

The user first of all didn't ask for the use of GrossRP but also made extreme use of it whilst it was on a live to 30+ people.

Evidence of rule breach:

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelievedFragileHedgehogSoonerLater

• Confused 1
  • Sad 9
  • Upvote 2

Hey, I'm just going to say that I'm sorry. This was never my intention and I didn't mean for you to think that, it's a sad reality that this is a real-life police tactic which I simply RPed due to you running away and honestly, I simply wanted to RP something I would've done with anyone. If you'd know me OOC'ly, I can assure you that you'd be able to see just how much I despise stuff like this, and how this was not directly targeted at you, or any of Shamel' stream viewers.

I didn't expect for that to be taken into consideration really and I only realized that Shamel was offended by that after being told in /f and in PMs. I quickly PMed him as well, saying I'm sorry and that I'm gonna drop it if it offended him. But obviously, it already took it's effect on the situation with the on-going climate around the world.

Whether if you choose to accept my apology or not, I'm extremely sorry for offending you, again, this was never my intention and I'm EXTREMELY sorry that you got that impresson from me, and can assure you that I'll do my best to ensure I will NEVER do anything of this kind to anyone else, seeing the reception I was told about from the people in Shamel's stream. 

Again, I'm sorry. It was never my intention.

• Like 22
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 11

Clip has since been deleted but I after reading his appology I do think a punishment shouldn't be made, I know it's not my choice but that's just my thought. In my opinion it's just a bit of a wake up call everyone really to watch what you say with the current climate and unfortunate events going on in the world as saying the wrong thing can easily upset a large group of people. I wanted to originally make the report as I thought it was a direct reference as did many people that were watching the live stream which was clear with the chat after that event. 

Thank you for your genuine appology @HaminLord, you clearly did not mean to directly reference the incident and your appology is greatly appreciated. Just please watch what your saying with the current climate and number of events going on currently regarding racial climate.

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

PLAYER REPORT ACCEPTED

Thank you for your patience while this report was under review.

After reviewing this report and evidence attached to it, I've decided to accept this report and issue the punishments to the following players:

• This report is accepted on the basis that verbal warnings are being given and things will be discussed. After extensive review we feel that the reported party did not have ill intentions with this specific roleplay but the outcome was from the type of RP and the victim. In this incident the roleplay that unfolded appeared to be a direct reference to probably the biggest current even this year in the US. This event has caused movements across the world and I feel it needs no further explanation. From scanning the logs and reviewing the evidence, myself and Aldarine believe that the intentions were not ill and the apologies were sincere and true, as he apologizes twice before logging off minutes after the RP concludes. This event that was appeared to be referenced, struck a nerve with numerous people in game, and who were watching shamel’s stream. I want to take this time for everyone to understand that in todays day and age we need to be aware of what we say and how it can be perceived. Just because someone does something IC does not mean it is not intended OOC and is easy to tell when it is. We are all here to have a good time and enjoy our escape from reality in this server. I truly feel the reported party did not have ill intentions and is sincere so we will only be issuing a verbal warning, simply to state like I said above, be aware of what you say/do and how it can effect people. A computer screen does not mean that you are protected to do and say what you want.
    -Shamel will be receiving a verbal warning. Due to the events that transpired and the apparent reference that it seemed the reported party made and it appearing to line up with the current event, we do not feel a full punishment is justified and we understand why his emotions ran high and he mixed. We, as always, will remind everyone that despite what happens IC please do not follow it up with further rule breaches. One breach doesn’t justify another. 
  • In finality I would like to thank both parties for being receptive to one another's feelings throughout this report. As mentioned above we are here to provide a positive experience to one another and having the ability to speak together can assist with resolving a considerable number of issues. We are not one in the same and so different things can always strike a nerve with somebody so we should always be receptive to one another and try to move forward in a positive way. Once again, thank you for your cooperation and respect as the context of this report can be very triggering.

If you have received a punishment that you disagree with, feel free to file a punishment appeal following the punishment appeal guidelines and format. If the reporting party suffered a loss greater than $25,000 in value, feel free to file a refund request following the refund request guidelines and format. 

Regards,

Admin @Aldarine & Mickeyyy

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2