Copperhorse

Hold LEO factions to the same risk / reward Non-RP standards that criminals are held to.

23 hours ago, Cyrus Raven said:

No offense man, but you're clearly talking out of your ass. If you knew the amount of paperwork people in PD/SD do you wouldn't be saying they don't care about RP. There are even some people which get memed on for just doing paperwork, if you think that ''They all think its just pointing guns and chases and they cry OOCly every time they lose.'' then it very easly tells me to disregard whatever opinion you have on any matter regarding law enforcement, not because of any personal reasons, but because you're just factually wrong.

lol this man has me dead "if you knew how much paperwork we do" bro you literally do a fill in the blank, crash course worksheet and think you're employed for some sophisticated agency, this response is EXACTLY the problem. This isn't an opinion on law enforcement, it is an opinion based off of a bunch of dudes who pretend to be cops on a video game in their free time and get away with too much which personally ruins the game for not only myself but countless others. Personally, I've experienced LEO RP and I actually really like it, I have nothing against it. And the fact that I stated my opinion and instead of critiquing it, you power trip and try to personally attack me shows exactly where LEO RP is on this server. Lmfao, his point was "we do paperwork so we deserve to act the way we do." I'm not here to argue or anything. I just believe that you guys should be held accountable just as much as us. It's hard making money on this server and there are few who luckily got it handed to them but for the majority this is false. Thanks for taking the time to reply though, as much as I disagree with you, you're opinion still matters. And yes, I have not met one person in the PD who has attempted RP once (EXCEPT the one who pulled me over for going 2 over the limit). They pull their gun out and escalate the situation to either a pursuit or a gunfight every time which gets boring because if I wanted to play on a cops and robbers server I would go to a cops and robbers server. At the end of the day, there needs to be more accountability for police and this is a known fact. Nobody here is "factually" wrong. This forum post is filled with opinions 🤣

16 minutes ago, Braxton_Smith said:

lol this man has me dead "if you knew how much paperwork we do" bro you literally do a fill in the blank, crash course worksheet and think you're employed for some sophisticated agency, this response is EXACTLY the problem. This isn't an opinion on law enforcement, it is an opinion based off of a bunch of dudes who pretend to be cops on a video game in their free time and get away with too much which personally ruins the game for not only myself but countless others. Personally, I've experienced LEO RP and I actually really like it, I have nothing against it. And the fact that I stated my opinion and instead of critiquing it, you power trip and try to personally attack me shows exactly where LEO RP is on this server. Lmfao, his point was "we do paperwork so we deserve to act the way we do." I'm not here to argue or anything. I just believe that you guys should be held accountable just as much as us. It's hard making money on this server and there are few who luckily got it handed to them but for the majority this is false. Thanks for taking the time to reply though, as much as I disagree with you, you're opinion still matters. And yes, I have not met one person in the PD who has attempted RP once (EXCEPT the one who pulled me over for going 2 over the limit). They pull their gun out and escalate the situation to either a pursuit or a gunfight every time which gets boring because if I wanted to play on a cops and robbers server I would go to a cops and robbers server. At the end of the day, there needs to be more accountability for police and this is a known fact. Nobody here is "factually" wrong. This forum post is filled with opinions 🤣

This point was made to directly refute your statement ''I haven't met one PD member interested in RP at all or so it seems. They all think its just pointing guns and chases and they cry OOCly every time they lose.''

In other words, claiming PD ''think its just pointing guns and chases'' is factually wrong, proven by the fact that most of these players spend a large amount of time in their roleplay, both in-game and through the government website in form of paperwork, crime reports, impound reports, etc... I do not care to engage with any points you have when you can't even stick to the facts when trying to critique an entire segment of the player base.

Likewise, I wouldn't expect anyone to take me or anyone else seriously if I replied to a thread about the state of criminal RP saying ''All criminals want is to drive supers and shoot people'' instead of giving a well thought out reply, at a certain point you are so far removed from reality that the better option is to brush aside your opinion and move on. 

Edited by Cyrus Raven

I will quote Osborn's topic about the state of ECRP and I want everyone to read it and then take another look at this topic that everyone seems to be engaged with. 

05/DEC/2020

The State of Eclipse Roleplay

We've reached a point where the general environment on the server is often unhealthy. Certain groups of players focus on low quality 'shooter' gameplay - where their "roleplay" primarily consists of engaging in shootouts with other players or other miscellaneous action roleplay. We've also noticed an increase in "win" mentality - using the fastest cars/bikes, using cars that are affected by broken game mechanics (FPS dependent cars) in order to win situations. We've also noticed an increased in "ruleplay" a term which is not properly defined, but one that describes a player that deters from immersion and realism to play by the border of the rules.

I believe Criminals lose a bit too much while dying vs people working law enforcement. Holding Law Enforcement to the same RP standard as Criminals should always be a thing.
+1
PS: Criminals should also stop this whole win mentality and rather try to roleplay their groups. For Example: why don't Downtown Gangs stay only on lowriders but pull sports cars/drags out? Why do we have criminals getting the fastest cars that are dependent on FPS ?

Edited by Swittzy
  • Upvote 1