King Zaki

Car Selling Economy 🅱️roke.....

I'm not sure how hard it would be to script a mileage system. I guess the tools are there and the mileage for cars could be stored in a database, similar to how player stats are stored.

So when a car is new from the dealership, it has 0 kilometers and 100% health. As you drive it around, it gathers kilometers thus degrading the car's value.

10k Kilometers - 95%

15k Kilometers - 90%

20k Kilometers - 85%

etc.

I believe it'd be best to start the degredation from 10k onwoard as that's a quite big number and it will take time to actually collect.

Yes, 20k kilometers isn't anything for a car IRL but the distances traveled just aren't possible to simulate in a game world in a realistic timeframe. 

Vehicle Engine Repair:

- If a car is at 40% health or less, the owner can chose to have a new engine fitted. That however will be very expensive. Somewhere between the 100k and 150k mark.

The vehicle's kilometers would then reset to 0. The health however, won't go back up to 100% but rather be 80% max. You have to keep in mind that everything else on the vehicle is in pretty bad shape after so many miles. The breaks aren't good anymore, the transmission and any other moving part of the vehicle are in a pretty bad condition. Thus locking the max health to 80% after a new engine was installed makes sense. The cycle of degredation would then start again.

14 minutes ago, flow said:

I'm not sure how hard it would be to script a mileage system. I guess the tools are there and the mileage for cars could be stored in a database, similar to how player stats are stored.

So when a car is new from the dealership, it has 0 kilometers and 100% health. As you drive it around, it gathers kilometers thus degrading the car's value.

10k Kilometers - 95%

15k Kilometers - 90%

20k Kilometers - 85%

etc.

I believe it'd be best to start the degredation from 10k onwoard as that's a quite big number and it will take time to actually collect.

Yes, 20k kilometers isn't anything for a car IRL but the distances traveled just aren't possible to simulate in a game world in a realistic timeframe. 

Vehicle Engine Repair:

- If a car is at 40% health or less, the owner can chose to have a new engine fitted. That however will be very expensive. Somewhere between the 100k and 150k mark.

The vehicle's kilometers would then reset to 0. The health however, won't go back up to 100% but rather be 80% max. You have to keep in mind that everything else on the vehicle is in pretty bad shape after so many miles. The breaks aren't good anymore, the transmission and any other moving part of the vehicle are in a pretty bad condition. Thus locking the max health to 80% after a new engine was installed makes sense. The cycle of degredation would then start again.

I think the cars 'degrading' should be a longer process than what you said...

1) It's more realistic that way... cars don't just start to fall into pieces that quick, it's takes decades for that process to come around... It makes more sense for cars to start to degrade after 100,000 kilometers of driving... (Driving from AutoRepairs to Bayview is already 4.5-5 KM)

2) Engine Replacements should be 50% of the vehicles stock price, it does not make sense that a T20 and a FUTO pay the same amount for a new engine.....

3) Engine repair propmts should begin after 150,000 kilometers of driving...

4) Scrap or Replace Engine should be done around 200,000 kilometers of driving...

Edited by King Zaki

3 minutes ago, King Zaki said:

1) It's more realistic that way... cars don't just start to fall into pieces that quick, it's takes decades for that process to come around... It makes more sense for cars to start to degrade after 100 kilometers of driving... (Driving from AutoRepairs to Bayview is already 4.5-5 KM)

2) Engine Replacements should be 50% of the vehicles stock price, it does not make sense that a T20 and a FUTO pay the same amount for a new engine.....

3) Engine repair propmts should begin after 150 kilometers of driving...

4) Scrap or Replace Engine should be done around 200 kilometers of driving...

Should engine repairs be at dealerships or mechanics? 

And here I feel like 10k kilometres for the first degrade is wayyy to much. I would have said 1000-2000, since driving from the inner city to paleto bay and back is like 22 kilometres. It would take players literally years to rack up 100k kilometres.

21 minutes ago, King Zaki said:

1) It's more realistic that way... cars don't just start to fall into pieces that quick, it's takes decades for that process to come around... It makes more sense for cars to start to degrade after 100,000 kilometers of driving... (Driving from AutoRepairs to Bayview is already 4.5-5 KM)

3) Engine repair propmts should begin after 150,000 kilometers of driving...

4) Scrap or Replace Engine should be done around 200,000 kilometers of driving...

Also I would add that.Every 500 kilometers you would need to go to the mechanic and change oil and oil filter.

It would take 5 mins RL time.And It would cost 2k-3k$ with oil(For regular cars that cost not more then 100k $)

SUPERCARS.Oild change every 100 kilometer or less.Cuz IRL NO ONE uses supercars as dailydrivers...

Oil, and oil filter change 8k-10k dollars.For supercars.

Edited by Himy_Atlake

4 minutes ago, aon said:

And here I feel like 10k kilometres for the first degrade is wayyy to much. I would have said 1000-2000, since driving from the inner city to paleto bay and back is like 22 kilometres. It would take players literally years to rack up 100k kilometres.

I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that out XD 100k is far too much!

1)1000 kilometres = Car starting to degrade

2) 1500 kilometres =  Prompt for a new engine or scrap the car  *Kinda like a engine warning light in a real car*

3) 2000 kilometres = Engine Dies either replace or scrap

Replacement Engines should cost 50% of the STOCK price... has to be specific to the car...

@aon

Edited by King Zaki

3 minutes ago, Captain Tofu said:

Or make it so that people could export cars and sell at ×% depending on mods to an NPC or something?

This would regulate the lowest selling price of the car.

This would remove cars from the game.

That's a good way to dump car's out of the economy... only thing is, it brings money into the economy as it's money from an NPC not another player.... -1

12 minutes ago, King Zaki said:

I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that out XD 100k is far too much!

1)1000 kilometres = Car starting to degrade

2) 1500 kilometres =  Prompt for a new engine or scrap the car  *Kinda like a engine warning light in a real car*

3) 2000 kilometres = Engine Dies either replace or scrap

Replacement Engines should cost 50% of the STOCK price... has to be specific to the car...

@aon

No, 2000 kilometers it's very low.It would need to be like 8,000kilometers.Cuz when I play in 2-3hours I drive to paletobay and back to city atleast 5times.

So that is 5timesX20km.Thats 100km.So I would say every 500km you would need to change oil and filters.And from 1000km it would start to degrade.From 1000km to 1500km you would need to change:

*Brakes

*Starter

*Fuel Pump

*Oil pump

*Maybe some electonic parts.

And total engine replace would be at 8000km

Edited by Himy_Atlake

I don't like how a thread about car prices being too low turns to a thread about deppreciating the cars even more.

Selling it to an npc would not bring money into the game since it would delete a 720k car for under 600k.

That's a car someone else will have to buy new from a dealership and apply the mods on.

The reason the car prices are too low is not because of the lack of maintenance costs. It's because there's too much of them.

Edited by Captain Tofu

You cannot force manipulation on prices without damaging the economy further. Fixing car sales will do nothing for the overall economic state of the server because it's not part of the problem, it's merely a symptom. The big problem is cash coming in vastly outweighs cash going out. This economy cannot be "fixed" without a huge wipe or a reworking of monetary value.

The cost of a product is summed up in its most basic form as supply vs demand. If there is too much supply, as there is with vehicles, the demand drops. As demand continues to drop, prices follow. 

It's no different to an Auction House in an MMO game. People will always undercut to sell something faster but the base price of product remains the same, with minor fluctuations. Only way you can really fix the car market prices is to manage the supply and demand. You cannot do that without limiting the amount of each kind of car that is available or using diminishing returns and eventually forcing people to lose the vehicle and purchase another.

Personally, I think Flow's suggestion is the best fix for this idea but nothing that's going to be done quickly.

• Upvote 1

the main problem here is the stock price. economy of the server need to be rework.

4 hours ago, Himy_Atlake said:

But you also have to remember that.When you buy a new car from a dealership.You will never get your money back.Cuz when you drive out of the dealership it instantly loses ~20-30% it's value.

but you also have to remember that this is a game in not the real life, and cars don't lose valor when you buy it cuz they don't turn old, they work the same as a stock car from heavyflow.

my 2cent to the topic: charge people to sell cars In Hightmarket. like autionhouses in WOW, charge them for the time they whana there car to stay there. the money from that can be use for weekly partys at the beach.

That would only cause the prices of the cars to go up tremendously. @Magnolia

@King Zaki Tell me how deleting a maxed car for less than stock to an NPC would bring in more money in the server, considering that the player or the original owner spent over 120k to max it out.

What doesn't delete money into the server is having too many cars, having a supply too high for the demand hence people selling their maxed vehicles for a ridiculous price to another player which will not have to : Buy from the dealership, pay for the mods.

Edited by Captain Tofu

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.