King Zaki

Car Selling Economy 🅱️roke.....

Hello All, I would like to raise an issue I have seen unfolding for a while....

For some reason, people are selling MAXED OUT cars for less than stock price which is most definitely going to kill this economy... They don't seem to understand that messing with the value of the $ in game can really kill the economy.... I have taken a small road trip to high end and have some screenshots that I would like to share....

Spoiler

gt-mp-2017_10_04_07_52_10-361.thumb.jpg.5f2dff8b767b0d447309d31d96d48dcb.jpg

MAXED OUT T20 currently sitting here at 40,000 UNDER STOCK PRICE

Spoiler

gt-mp-2017_10_04_07_52_20-362.thumb.jpg.5017a595716e1b042dc80c01709c44c7.jpg

Another MAXED OUT T20 currently sitting here at 70,000 UNDER STOCK PRICE

**NOTE, I've seen one of these sell for 450,000** 190,000 UNDER STOCK

Spoiler

gt-mp-2017_10_04_07_52_49-363.thumb.jpg.0333f313574598d5cd7d4b209db4f51b.jpg

MAXED OUT Nero up here for 1,000 UNDER STOCK **I'm sure it will keep going down, just wait and see**

Spoiler

gt-mp-2017_10_04_07_54_17-365.thumb.jpg.a7ac2a48cff84ccd89ba00b7333b162c.jpg

MAXED OUT Bullet selling for 45,000 UNDER STOCK

Spoiler

gt-mp-2017_10_04_07_55_01-366.thumb.jpg.a079ed27f3554999770744c65bfbab81.jpg

MAXED OUT FMJ sitting here at 5,000 UNDER STOCK **I'm sure it will keep going down, just wait and see**

**NOTE: I've seen one of these sell for 400,000** 125,000 UNDER STOCK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are examples of people who are literally killing the economy to try and make back some quick money, I would not be surprised if they all keep dropping in price...

I think we need to implement something that stops this from happening... or at least spread the word on how to actually sell a car....

For Anyone who's car I have a screenshot of or anyone planning to sell their 'MAXED OUT' cars... sit down and listen to how to do it properly....

I will use the T20 in my example.....

Stock Price is $640,000 (Auto Repairs | Auto Services)

If you car is 'MAXED OUT' and you need to flip it quick.... Follow this formula....

Stock Price + Turbo Price = Quick Sell Price

T20 Quick Sell Example: $640,000 + $35,000 = $675,000

(Credit to @KatieCat9 for the formula )

Edited by King Zaki

This is basically everyone unballing everyone else trying to sell their car asap. It happens so many times in online market places. 
Just look at the csgo skins market. Every skin goes down in price over time except for a select few that everyone wants untill a better skin comes out and everyone panic sells and it crashes. 
People give no real world vallue to these things, so they dont give a fuck about ruining the economy in the long run they want to sell something now.

It would greatly improve if cars can only be resold to car dealerships where a dealership can go 10% under stock for a car so they can then resell it for stock or more. this would ofcourse made it lose all custom parts but that would be a other money sink for the server making a certain post I made where i suggest increasing benefits even more fair

The problem is, when a car is spawned in by a dealership, from that point it does not leave the game anymore. There isn't a way to "destroy" cars. We need a "car sink" of some sorts, where cars would be destroyed beyond repair and you can't retrieve them back from mors after X amount of reviving, or, one of my suggestions was "seized". PD would seize cars that people commit felonies in, forcing criminals to use cars they do not particulary care about and could throw away, thus creating a money sink.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, aon said:

The problem is, when a car is spawned in by a dealership, from that point it does not leave the game anymore. There isn't a way to "destroy" cars. We need a "car sink" of some sorts, where cars would be destroyed beyond repair and you can't retrieve them back from mors after X amount of reviving, or, one of my suggestions was "seized". PD would seize cars that people commit felonies in, forcing criminals to use cars they do not particulary care about and could throw away, thus creating a money sink.

Good point, I would say criminals that commit crimes that would pass a certain threshold of time/money will lose ownership of property

having a car with a X amount of lives is bad since you can lose cars due to crashes

Edited by Andor

3 minutes ago, Andor said:

Good point, I would say criminals that commit crimes that would pass a certain threshold of time/money will lose ownership of property

having a car with a X amount of lives is bad since you can lose cars due to crashes

Yeah, we just discussed all of this.... we also put forward that idea that if anyone loses a car with a custom plate, they should get their 500 credits back.... We also agreed that players must get a fair chance to fight their case and not just have their items stripped from them and assumed guilty....

Edited by King Zaki

Me and Zaki are having a discussion about this, what we agreed upon is:

- We need to start removing cars from the game in some way;

- PD seizing cars for serious felonies is a Yes, but only if there was a legit way for criminals to fight the charges, otherwise PD might abuse that;

- Removing cars from the game after an X amount of retrievals from mors is a No, until sync and random blowups get fixed;

- Impounding cars for an X amount of time when you're arrested is a Yes, but again, only if there was a way to fight charges;

- If someone loses their car with a custom plate, they get their 500 credits back.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Andor said:

Well the amount of warreners I import is still decent, if I can rebuy cars and sell them with a profit i would probably do it.

Then maybe a system where the dealership owners can

1) Decide if they want to buy cars under import from players / or decide to opt out

2) Maybe set which cars they want to buy and how much they are willing to pay

for example maybe you set it up so that you can only buy warreners  and you max pay out is 5,000

maybe something along those lines?

But that's how car business works. Supply and demand. There's tons of cars people don't need anymore but the demand for them isn't all so great. Thus having to make the price appealing. Cars selling under value aren't really crashing the market. They are the only money sink we have right now, the only reliable one at least. If anybody would get exactly what they paid for the car plus upgrades, now that would be bad for the economy. This isn't a bad thing. This helps get money off the server. You are not eligible to make a profit selling a car or break even. I don't see anything wrong with this whatsoever. You are mentioning that it destroys the economy but I fail to see but one example of that.

3 minutes ago, flow said:

But that's how car business works. Supply and demand. There's tons of cars people don't need anymore but the demand for them isn't all so great. Thus having to make the price appealing. Cars selling under value aren't really crashing the market. They are the only money sink we have right now, the only reliable one at least. If anybody would get exactly what they paid for the car plus upgrades, now that would be bad for the economy. This isn't a bad thing. This helps get money off the server. You are not eligible to make a profit selling a car or break even. I don't see anything wrong with this whatsoever. You are mentioning that it destroys the economy but I fail to see but one example of that.

I understand what you are saying about buying and selling cars being a money sink.... Here is an example of how this is destroy the economy, if people keep under selling cars... especially MAXED OUT cars below stock. 2 Negatives will come from this....

1) Dealerships now have no use as you can buy the same car MAXED OUT for less

2) The $ value in game would also depreciate due to the value of assets not being what they should be....

@flow

Then why not limit the amount of specific cars dealerships can import? It would be a global counter, for example, there are 5 T20's in the server, and until one gets removed for any of the suggestions we stated above, no dealership can spawn them in. When the counter goes to 4, the first dealership to import it "wins", and it even creates more competition between the dealerships.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aon said:

Then why not limit the amount of specific cars dealerships can import? It would be a global counter, for example, there are 5 T20's in the server, and until one gets removed for any of the suggestions we stated above, no dealership can spawn them in. When the counter goes to 4, the first dealership to import it "wins", and it even creates more competition between the dealerships.

I would say every dealership can import a X amount of cars, making dealerships who lowball prices sell quick buy in the end make less profit.

Mileage. Wear and tear. They shouldn't be too hard to script. Distance traveled would decrease max HP up until it can't be fixed anymore. Had this on other servers and worked reall great.

25k Kilometers - 95% max health

30k Kilometers - 90% max health

Car destroyed <10 times - Remove no max health.

Car destroyed 10-20 times - Remove 5% max health.

Car destroyed 20-30 times - Remove 8% max health.

etc. you get the point.

Once below 30% new engine could be installed, but it's 100k+ $.

Give cars condition and the prices will adjust. 

Total your car every day

That would give actual value to vehicles and their condition.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, flow said:

Mileage. Wear and tear. They shouldn't be too hard to script. Distance traveled would decrease max HP up until it can't be fixed anymore. Had this on other servers and worked reall great.

25k Kilometers - 95% max health

30k Kilometers - 90% max health

Car destroyed <10 times - Remove no max health.

Car destroyed 10-20 times - Remove 5% max health.

Car destroyed 20-30 times - Remove 8% max health.

etc. you get the point.

Once below 30% new engine could be installed, but it's 100k+ $.

Give cars condition and the prices will adjust. 

Total your car every day

That would give actual value to vehicles and their condition.

+1 - Great Idea! This would be perfect for dealing with the problem we are having

Just now, Himy_Atlake said:

But you also have to remember that.When you buy a new car from a dealership.You will never get your money back.Cuz when you drive out of the dealership it instantly loses ~20-30% it's value.

That's exactly how it works in real life.... it's called 'SECOND HAND'

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.