ID 106 & ID 90. NONRP Ramming and DM

Player(s) being reported: Gabriel_Barr and ID 90
Date of interaction reported: 03/10/2020
Unix time stamp from HUD: 1601745214

Your characters name: Dara MacFadden

Other player(s) involved: Evan Ivers

Specific rule(s) broken:

9. Non-Roleplay (NRP)

• Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay.

• Players are required to remain IC at all times. RP can only be paused or voided by admins.

• If a crash / disconnect occurs, players must post in the crash reports discord channel and contact all parties to resume. Players reconnecting must be given all opportunities held prior.

• Players should not instigate situations they do not have time to play through. If a player is chased they must wait 15 minutes before they can log out of the game.

• Players can’t depict their character with real images or game images not possible on ECRP.

• Examples: Ignoring RP, baiting government services without proper IC reason, asking to be killed or forcing your own death, unrealistic stunt jumping, misusing expensive vehicles, using script work vehicles for other purpose, submerging any vehicle in water intentionally, swimming for an unrealistic amount of time in a chase, or stealing from / tampering with an OOC F4 menu.

14. Deathmatch (DM)

• Deathmatching is the act of attacking a player without a proper IC motive and interaction.

• Prior interaction should include escalation such as a robbery or a report to the police.

• Players may not kill victims who have complied with a plausible demand in reasonable time unless involved in severe hostile activity against them or an ally within 3 hours.

• Players on foot should only be attempted to be hit with a vehicle once with valid motive.

• Vehicles cannot be used as weapons in active shootouts unless where unavoidable.

• Players must be able to explain their reason and provide proof of prior reasoning if requested.

• If a player informs you that your VOIP isn’t working, you must either fix your VOIP using appropriate commands or use text to deliver your demand.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

Gabe was clearly ramming me here, doesn't make sense when an expensive sports car worth millions is just lighting me up for literally 0 reason, I had not seen Gabe at all before he just started lighting me up. He's putting at risk his Comet Retro here where I've been specifically told to care for your vehicle from Senior admins in a situation and not put it at risk, you should treat your vehicle like if it gets totatled you won't be able to get it back. You have no reason to ram me 3 times here, causing me to nearly spin out once, and don't even try to blame desync because you've plenty of XP, and both you and I know what de-sync ramming is, you know what your intentions were here. Not to mention, you and your allies lost sight of me multiple times, and then randomly you decide to pull up and shoot me.

Aldari said to me in a previous report:  Risk VS Reward: In this clip we can see, what, eight hakuchou drags? That puts the estimated value of those drags at anywhere from eight to sixteen million dollars. Now, you all know that OOC'ly these vehicles cannot actually be taken from you, the police can't seize your vehicles, the government can't take it, they can't be permanently destroyed, however IC'ly you should be acting as though they can and would it be worth risking such a large amount of wealth for two people? Hardly.

I would also like to see footage of how you got through the tolls with the barrier there. If the barrier wasn't there on your screen but you decided to follow through anyways, you should treat it as it's scriptly there and not abuse the fact it isn't.

Evidence of rule breach:

Edited by Dara orkonson
words and spellings
  • Like 9
  • NAY 1
  • Confused 1

PLAYER REPORT PENDING RESPONSES
Thank you for your patience while this report is under review.

═══════════════════════════════════════════

After reviewing this report and the evidence attached to it, we have decided that this report cannot be concluded at this time. The following players will be required to provide their side of the story from this situation within the next twenty-four (24) hours: (1601745310)

• Gabriel_Barr [106] | @MVGGreg - Please provide any further evidence or information and respond to the following questions.
    • What was the reason you were chasing the Green Tropos? Did you have a previous situation with these individuals?
    • Why were you driving a Comet Retro (a multimillion dollar vehicle) in the manner shown, including running the toll?
    • Why were shots being fired at the vehicle? were demands given?

• The rest of the following individuals, please provide any information or footage that would help explain this situation further and the reasoning to it.
    • Dan_Frewer [90] | @Danfrewer - Passenger of Gray Comet
    • Taylor_Garcia [38] - Red Comet
    • Jordan_Capone [127] | @x97d - Red Comet
    • Kane_Mysterio [84] | @KaneMyst - Blue Gray Rapid
    • Corey_James [68] | @Corey James - Gray Blue Rapid
    • Jay_Gallo [264] @L0C0_Turtle - Gray Blue Rapid
    • Carlos_Rodrigueez [143] | @Dylan Ortiz - Gray Drag
    • James_Mcpuffin [56] - Red Bati
    • Rafi_Leib [55] | @RobinMiller- White Drag
    • Evan_Collins [255] | @XavierLR- Passenger of Green Tropos

• Dara_Macfadden [114] | @Dara orkonson - Please provide any further evidence or information and respond to the following questions.
    • What was the reason you were being chased by multiple individuals? Were demands given?

───────────────────────────────────────────

If player/s fail to respond to this report within the next twenty-four (24) hours, this report will be concluded based on the evidence that has already been provided, to the best of our ability.

Regards,
@alexalex303 & @Xoza

Hi, Jordan Capone here.

The rest of the following individuals, please provide any information or footage that would help explain this situation further and the reasoning to it.

I was not told to save my POV so I don't think I have my POV.

I was just a passenger in the Retro and did not initiate anything with Dara, we caught up pretty late.

IIRC, it was called out that he shot at an LFM member, killing him which was witnessed by some people on our freq hence they initiated a chase.

If you have any more question do not hesitate to ask.

Edited by x97d

Hi Xoza and Alex, thank you for taking this report.

I was originally responding to a backup call from my allies. As I turned up, my ally gave clear and valid demands to the Tropos right in front of me and they decided to shoot back at my allies right in front of me. We have been in an IC conflict with their group and the reporting party.

The claim of me ramming was just unintentional and caused by desync. For me, the tool booth looked like it was open due to a bug so I tried going through it to not lose him but after getting closer I realised it was a bug and tried slowing down but couldn’t. 

I was on the chase the entire time from the start and was following the car since the demands were given from ally and fire was exchanged from both sides. I only opened fire when I got close enough to identify that it was the correct car we were chasing. I believe I also got hit by one of their shots at one point.

I would like to add that it seems like you purposely left out information on the report to put yourself in a better position considering you say I was shooting you with zero reason and had not interacted with me beforehand but you can clearly see in the footage below that I was there when demands were given to the reported party and was also chasing when his passenger began shooting back at my allies.

https://streamable.com/coqi3s Desync Ram

https://streamable.com/h6sbab The demands given to the reporting party

https://streamable.com/qiu1sr Footage of the reporting party shooting back

• NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

ID 55, Rafi Leib here.

The rest of the following individuals, please provide any information or footage that would help explain this situation further and the reasoning to it.

I was not told to save my POV, so I don't have any.
I hopped on the chase after it was called out on radio. I was not chasing the Irish car directly, I was actually chasing the chase to prevent any non-RP convoys. This can also be seen in the footage provided by the reporting party, in which I arrive at 3:01, quite a bit later than the other people already hopping out of vehicles and shooting the reporting party. Other information was already provided by @MVGGreg.

Happy to answer any further questions so this report can be dealt with in the best manner.

• Like 2

Hi, James Mcpuffin here.

This reply may be longer than expected due to the build up of events and how the whole situation had escalated. I did save most of the situation and if any extension of footage is required please ask as I do have more but it is simply just unnecessary chasing of the vehicle itself.

So the begin with the whole situation began because LFM member "Pablo Salamanca"  (ID 87) was killed by the following individuals. I had witnessed the Pablo being killed by the occupants in the vehicle so it was called out over the radio as LFM and Aztecas were all in Mount Chiliad and had been for a while. The following POV below you can see me witness occupants of the vehicle shooting at Pablo and finishing him off while on the ground.

Clip 1: https://streamable.com/c8100z  - Roughly 26 seconds in I see Pablo being finished by the occupants.

Clip 1 UNIX: 1601744806

The vehicle then proceeded to make its way to the apartment complex near money job known as "Council Towers". This was after loosing me for a minute or two. While here Dara says "You wanna go too bro" obviously showing off what he had done, Dara's character IC has always been like this and I have lots of RP development with the individual himself since before being in Dojin-Kai with him. This is when Tyrone Shakur gives the occupants demands which they ignored and decided to drive off so Tyrone opened fire. In this clip you can also see the occupants in the vehicle shooting back towards us and bullets go flying past me.

The reported individual witnesses shots being fired back here too.

Clip 2: https://streamable.com/qiu1sr - 0:08 Dara's quote and 0:31 shots fired back.

Clip 3: https://streamable.com/h6sbab - 0:09 Dara's quote

Clip 2 & 3 UNIX: 1601745014

Finally, the vehicle was chased for a long time up the West highway and ends at the reporting party's POV. The occupants had to exit their vehicle as it was about to explode. I saw them pull guns and begin shooting so started shooting back. Hopefully this helps you conclude the report to the best you can. 

Clip 4 https://streamable.com/658os7 - 0:12 I shoot one of the occupants. 

Clip 4 UNIX: 1601745312

The situation had escalated quite quickly and hopefully my evidence helps with concluding the report.

Note: I do have a bit more footage of the chase but it's not significant as its literally half a drive up the west highway. Please request if needed.

Edited by UKSeanJ
  • Like 1

Thanks to the reporter for bringing up concerns of a rulebreak , and thank you to the staff with their time handling this report.

Most of the information has been covered in previous comments, I joined the chase very late on with the goal of helping allies and at which case when I pulled up behind the car being chased (shows in POV) I had a gun pointed towards me prior to me even approaching a hostile scenario.

• Like 1

ID 264 Jay Gallo

Everything had pretty much been summarized from everyone's responses. 

Don't have any POV as I was never informed to save it

Opened fire on them which resulted in the stalling only after watching them shoot at my allies and myself 

Nothing more to add than that

• NAY 3

PLAYER REPORT PENDING RESOLUTION & CLOSURE
Thank you for your patience while this report is under review.

═══════════════════════════════════════════

Thank you everyone for responding to the report. Please understand while you may not have been a reported party, you were only mentioned or tagged to get your perspective and side of story. Please be patient while we review the evidence and responses in addition to the retraction requested. While retractions are often respected, we believe there's always something to learn and we will provide guidance as needed per this situation.

───────────────────────────────────────────

Regards,
@alexalex303 & @Xoza

Edited by Xoza

Player ID 114 - Dara_MacFadden - please explain why the fact that your passenger opened fire on their allies/people involved is not made clear in the report; additionally, please explain if you (still) feel the following statement is factual: "doesn't make sense when an expensive sports car worth millions is just lighting me up for literally 0 reason"

The aforementioned player has 24 hours to respond to the questions, or the report may be concluded without his response.

After careful deliberation, I have decided upon the following

Player ID 114 - Dara_MacFadden - will receive a note on their record that they were spoken to about omitting very important facts in player reports.

First of all, the situation clearly had a strong IC reason behind it, which can be seen in the evidence provided by the reported party. There was clear escalation, taunting and general hostilities in the parking lot of the Alta Street apartments, after which, a firefight occurred, and the passenger of the comet opened fire on the reported party. During the pursuit of the said comet, by another comet driven by ID 106, the pursuing comet can be seen ramming the evading comet at least twice, in relative quick succession. It is very important when chasing people in a sports car, that you try to (as much as possible) consider your ping, their ping and any possible desync. Following the first ram, you did seem to slow down a bit, but when the pursued party slowed down in order to slowly go underneath the toll, you rammed them and the toll barrier. Had the passenger not previously shot at you/your allies, that would've been worthy of a NonRP punishment, however, the lethal nature of the pursuit does offer some more leeway, in my opinion. 

I find it very disappointing that the reporter, whom unequivocally claimed, and I quote "just lighting me up for literally 0 reason" later stated that he didn't realize shots were fired by his ally, there is either a gross desire to report, or malicious intent to deceive the staff team, since there is doubt on which one it is, no harsher punishments will occur. However, if you were unsure of why you were fired upon, a more reasonable first reaction would've been to ask your passenger if he did anything to warrant it, and following that, ask your attackers. If you were unsure if they had a reason, that should've been specified in the report.

• Like 2