gohena

Phone Group Chat App

19 hours ago, Zac Oxx said:

+1, But i feel that, the group chats could be made a bit customizable, by saying that i mean, that like in "messager" the owner of the chat could add nick names to the people which would make it a lot harder for rival gangs or people to find out who you are rolling with, Because otherwise, if you get killed by a rival gang member, and he takes pictures of your phones group chat, he could find out all names involved in the gang and numbers which would fuck it up for the rest of them, if he cant find names, he has to go through a more rp process of finding numbers, through other people that you might speculate is involved which would lead to some good RP in my eyes

Simply checking the person's contacts is enough when you rob them somewhere private. Saving the people with nicknames or other kind of name codification would solve the issue.

Edited by TheCactus

Being a faction leader myself I could find some dificulties being able to send mass notifications since we have over 30 people in the faction.
To me, having such an inovative tool will be really amazing and everyone will enjoy it.

I believe that being able to add many contacts together and create a groupchat using a phone application named like wechat or any name would bring a cool way of communication.

So let's start with the basics.
gc.png.fda89ca17bc3e34dd57579261a4a1fe1.png

One more application with any name that will have the following structure.

1) Creategroup - add unlimited contacts., rename it, change password.
2) Disband Group. - Deletes the group. (only creator)
3) Make moderator - Someone who can kick people from it.
4) Group Password  - adds a custom password to your group.

• Upvote 4

Question. I love the idea but do you think this would eliminate the chance for compromised freqs to matter? Like if you say you are going to x lab or doing x thing over freq and its compromised that gives rp and people can get caught. If you send only important information over texts that can't be taken by other people you lose that whole chance of getting someone else involved.

(Sorry on phone)

There's not really that much detail I can go into while suggesting this feature. I think we should get group chats on our phones, for easier messages being sent to multiple people. If you've played the server for a while, or even for only a little bit, you should know the hassle of trying to text multiple people the same thing, so I (and I've heard many other people talk about it as well) believe it is time that we should get the option to make group chats for texting on the in-game phones.

Leave any +1/-1's, and any other additions you can think of below!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 13

+1 

I cannot stress enough how much I feel this is required. So much of my time and others is spent individually sending texts to people, which I do not mind to do, but when the contact list scrolls back to the top every time you send a message and hit back, having to scroll through and go back through the list to where you were, you lose patience with it. 

Sending out event invites would be significantly easier also! 

I can see the negatives of this also - Changing frequencies for a larger gang/groups will become much easier and reduce the requirement for "Freq Locations" - but it means when someone comes in game they are not scrambling trying to scroll through mountains of messages with no time stamps from the "4th Nov". 

If group messaging cannot be provided please; - Add time stamps to texts as well as dates - And please stop the list from scrolling back up to the top of the contacts once you send a message to someone - Add some type of notification icon for new messages 

Edited by MissDeeds
  • Upvote 5

+1 for group chats as well. I know this has been spoken about for so long since before and after the phone update, and it seems as if are phones are lacking what is, a fundamental feature. 

Not even simply looking at it from either a criminal or legal point of view, there are benefits for everyone.

• It is easier to plan, organise, brainstorm, and keep up to date with the happenings within the city, say if you aren't in the city yourself. Communication as we all know is key, if you aren't able to get everyone together to talk things through, how else would you think about doing it, the only way you can through group chats.
  • Allows you to always stay connected to people, no matter what you're doing or where you are.

Along with a group chat, a Do Not Disturb feature, or the ability to mute the group chat would be cool!

Edited by Arabella Kirk
  • Upvote 2