Trevor Zelias

ID 198 [Kaylem_Holleman] - Straight out racism ( not asking concent)

Player(s) being reported: ID 198
Date of interaction reported: 11-09-2020
Unix time stamp from HUD: 403 | 1599778360

Your characters name: Trevor Zelias

Other player(s) involved: None.

Specific rule(s) broken:

8. IC and OOC Interactions

• Players are welcome to voice their opinion or suggestions but may never disobey administrators.

• All players must be able to communicate in English and IC chat must be English only.

• Foreign language in-character must be done as such: “[Language] English Text”

• Other languages may be used in private only if everyone who can see has agreed to it.

• Sexual, torture, or disgusting roleplay is allowed only if all witnesses give prior OOC consent.

• Players using offensive language IC must not use it excessively and must stop if asked OOCly.

• IC content must not contain acronyms like “lol” or “u” or smiley faces excluding IC SMS.

• Text chat, VOIP, radio, phone and commands like /ME or /do are for IC content only.

• For OOC content, players must use chat commands that encase the content in brackets. 

For example: (( this is OOC content )). OOC chat commands are /OOC, /O, /B, /PM and /F.

• Public advertisements must only contain realistic IC content and cannot be used for crime.

• OOC videos or screenshots may only be used IC if footage depicts the character using the /record command or has roleplayed a camera at the start and end of unedited footage.

• Roleplayed camera footage may be uploaded with RP proof of starting and a snippet but full footage must be stored and be available if needed otherwise the snippet is no longer valid.

• Property cameras must have a scripted object on the interior or exterior of the property.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

I talked to Mickey about the report and he told me to post an appeal and its valid.

The guy straight out said "oh I pick cotton" "Because im a N*****" Without anyone even saying anything about it or even asking. Basically without concent aswell. If there was a streamer around that area they would have gotten in trouble with the ToS since he didnt ask in /b about having the consent as you guys implemented and wrote in discord about. It is really bad what he did and was no reason for it. And he kept arguing with people like Audrey about them miss typing in chat and kept being just annoying. So I reported got mickey to respond the guy logged out MIckey said. And told me to post here and it is a valid reason and all.

Evidence of rule breach:

https://streamable.com/02o54n

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry for recoding my shadowplay with shadowplay. Dont have Vegas to cut or anything and i record for 20 min (way too long to upload will take 30-1 hours). And im not sure if those 2 other guys were with him. ID: 248, 225

Edited by Trevor Zelias
got more to explain.

REPORT PENDING

Thank you for creating this player report.

The following people will be tagged/notified to give their side of the story within the next 24 hours:

• Player ID Kaylem_Holleman 198 [Notified In-Game] - Can you explain your side of the story to this situation and possibly upload any and all footage you may have? Was there any reason why you were using racial slurs, more specifically emphasising on the hard R at the end?
  • @Trevor Zelias - Did you ever ask the reported party in the Out-of-Character (OOC) chat to stop using racial slurs? If so, did he stop?

What happens if the person does not respond? We will review the evidence again and provide our conclusion. 
What might help my case? Posting evidence of your own POV is always a very handy tool. If you don't have any evidence at your disposal, the best you can do is tell the story in full detail on how it happened on your side. Be honest and do not lie in your reply.

Regards,
dawpi

Hi Im Kaylem and and none of the mechanics asked me to stop in OC  and someone actually said that i pick seeds and i said i pick cotton. If i was asked to stop OC-ly I would have done so without issue. If you felt disgusted you should have responded OOC not just sit there. You could've also walked away from the conversation as you were not apart of it.

Edited by Kaelem

I was apart of it since I was the person aiming a gun at you for pick locking our cars. I was the one the cops most talked to when it came to this situation. And you straight out just said it to be racist. Took your mic closer to your face and did it for no reason at all. And I was the guy that zip tied you aswell after you had your hands up.

Ok even if you pointed the gun at me the cops were there and i was in cuffs, therefore you did not need to be there anymore. The cops were not talking to you they were talking to Player 59 and 226, maybe you should've been doing your job after the cops came. I am also an African American so if anyone should be offended it would be me and so many people say it in this server so get used to it.

Edited by Kaelem

My last messages. I'm not gonna go and walk away from a RP situation becuase there are "10 people there" when I was the main person in this situation where I zip tied, aimed a gun. got the cops called. aswell as cops talking to me. IM not gonna go and "cut rp" and get "back to work" when it is clearly a situation till you got removed from the area and everything was fixed. 

Thank you for your patience and comments provided for this report.
After reviewing the evidence provided, I've decided to apply the following punishments to the following players:

• Player Kaylem_Holleman will receive a Verbal Warning for Public Chat Violation for the reported incident.

I'd like to apologise for the time it took me to respond to this player report. I will be warning the reported party with a verbal warning for Public Chat violation. I will agree that there was no appropriate role-play or In-Character (IC) reason for him to say that and that's something you should've told him in Out-of-Character (OOC) chat not to do. If you do not wish the player to use racial slurs or he insults you and you wish not to be insulted, you can ask them to stop to which they have to abide. Please, moving forward, ensure that your In-Character (IC) racism has some sort of a background behind it and isn't random. If this repeats itself, the reported party will be liable for a full punishment for complete ignorance. 

Not happy with the outcome? If you have received a punishment that you do not agree with, you are entitled to a fair punishment appeal that follows the guidelines and format provided. Otherwise, the conclusion of this report is final.
Did the reporting party lose any items worth above 25.000 dollars as a result of this report? If you would like to request a refund, you may do so within our refund and transfer requests section, as long as your request follows the guidelines and format provided.

Regards,
dawpi

• Upvote 2