Msato

New Life Rule (NLR) Adjustment

Currently NLR States:

11. New Life Rule (NLR)

• Upon a player's death all parties involved in the death should forget memory of all information and any negative interactions and events leading up to the death.

• Information prior to the death should be completely forgotten and is no longer valid justification for any future hostile action against those involved. 

• Players can’t return to the area of death until the prior RP is finished and 30 min OOC pass.

• Government faction members may return to their HQ and resume unrelated faction duties.

The addition of the highlighted phrase could be implemented: 

11. New Life Rule (NLR)

• Upon a player's death all parties involved in the death should forget memory of all information and any negative interactions and events leading up to the death.

• Information prior to the death should be completely forgotten and is no longer valid justification for any future hostile action against those involved. 

• Players can’t return to the area of death until the prior RP is finished and 30 min OOC pass.

• Government faction members may return to their HQ and resume unrelated faction duties.

• Players may resume overarching conflict with opposing Factions, unrelated to the specific scenario leading to the NLR.

Reasoning:

Currently under NLR any form of negative events should be "forgotten" between the individuals involved with the NLR. This is extremely harmful to the continuation of conflict roleplay, removing the potentiality for overarching gang conflict, i.e. Bloods vs Crips.

Along with this, currently the NLR rule means that "official wars" would be completed after 1 gun fight, heavily removing any potentiality for deep war RP.

This addition would allow conflicting Factions to work towards a war level of Faction Conflict, providing a pinnacle event to potentially fully settle the conflict.

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 30

-1, would be used as a loophole to overcome nlr

Thats literally the suggestion. Current rules state that after you die you must forget all preexisiting conflict that lead to your death, so in a war if you have a gunfight where one side all die, they must forget all the conflict that lead up to the fight including the conflict that would've led up to a war thus giving the potential to end a war with one gun fight.

I like the idea of the rule, and the rule change.
Currently everyone involved is required to forget the negative events that led up to one person's death. 
So for example. 
If Jay Gamble robbed Bruce Wong, Bruce Wong retaliates my killing Jay right? The current rules state that both parties have to forget that Bruce was robbed by Jay. Which reduces the chance for future conflict. While i understand the intention behind the rule, and agree with the intention to reduce conflict going on for months over one small thing. (cough cough Kage Enfer and his Scorcher in front of Zeta store)
This kills the potential for future conflict. I feel if Jay Gamble and the Zetas start robbing Triads consistently, and one day the Triads lead a Zeta into an ambush and kill all the Zetas. It shouldn't immediately end the fact that the Zetas were robbing the Triads. 
I feel there is a difference between a one time situation, and a string of them occurring. 

+1 from me.

If we are being honest, this rule is being disregarded on a daily basis and that goes without saying. Myself being involved in mass conflict and the only official war on the server I know for a fact this rule is not enforced as much as it should be, so does everyone else, and should receive proper revision with clear guidelines, restrictions, do's and dont's. In regards to people pointing out there is no potential for future roleplay and that wars can be technically ended in one fight, this is not true believe it or not, NLR has not received any enforcement in the first official war, ever, nor it will besides the 30 minute rule which should definitely stay in place. If people or groups seek to capitalize on one issue to convey and produce even more issues for the sole purpose of sparking wide-spread, constant conflict then I totally disagree with this. This rule is here for a reason, and it is to prevent people from having a reason to constantly escalate unnecessarily just to produce more issues, chaining and looping them as they seek justify their actions.

+1 to groups/people being able to capitalize on reoccurring issues and conflict

-1 to groups/people escalating/capitalizing unnecessarily based on past interactions, singular or diminutive

• Like 2

+1 for clarification, although, I was under the impression forgetting events leading to someone's death meant stuff that directly tied to your death and not larger on-going RP that makes two factions remain in a long-term conflict.

Example: If you initiated something at Chop Shop VS another group and eventually got into a fight and won, killing the other party. That party would forget any info and negative events leading to that death (AKA everything from when you first met at chop shop), but if you guys have a long-term conflict from several situations prior then that would remain. 

Not sure if my perception of this rule has been wrong all this time, but what you said seems to make sense.

Edited by Kyle White Raven
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.