Hey all, new to GT:MP and I'm having a very unique issue.

So typically I get 50-70 FPS. After 60 seconds, sometimes more, sometimes less, but after 1 minute my FPS dips to 10 FPS. This only lasts for 3 seconds or so and returns to 50-70 FPS. 

Every minute or so this repeats. So I'll be playing at max FPS, 1 minute goes by, dip in FPS for a few seconds, back to full FPS. So like.. 90% of the time, I'm at max FPS, but the 10 FPS stutter seems to always happen around the 1 minute mark. I have no idea at this point.

I'm running wired internet connection so its not the WLAN 60 second network check thing. 

GTA:Online doesnt have this issue
Single Player doesnt have this issue
Every GT:MP server HAS this issue

It sounds like a lag spike, but ping tests came up perfect, 0 packet loss, steady pings for 10 min straight.

When I ask other players in game, they all say that they get constant 30+ frames with no FPS stuttering at all.

So either I'm the only one with the problem here, or everyone is lying about their FPS lol

I suggest doing clean reinstall of gtav, windows 10, Nvidia drivers and try then. Try not to have any programs running when you are testing your fps (not even shadowplay). And stuttering can be connected to the lack of RAM that gt-mp needs.

FIXED and even increase my FPS. Instead of constant 50-70 FPS, I'm at around 70-100 FPS and minimal stuttering.

What I did was set all my hard drives to NO PAGE FILE and all my headaches are over.

Edited by Jim_Wesson

23 hours ago, Jim_Wesson said:

FIXED and even increase my FPS. Instead of constant 50-70 FPS, I'm at around 70-100 FPS and minimal stuttering.

What I did was set all my hard drives to NO PAGE FILE and all my headaches are over.

I tried that, wouldn't even connect to server. What are your specs?

On 9/18/2017 at 7:17 PM, Lumin said:

I tried that, wouldn't even connect to server. What are your specs?

On 9/17/2017 at 7:18 PM, Jim_Wesson said:

How do you make your hard drive "no page file"?

Just an update on my journey with GTMP FPS issues.

I started with windows 7, Id get 90-120 FPS in GTMP but horribles FPS drops down to 15 that only lasted 5 seconds or so.

Single player no FPS drops.

I tried everything. Upgraded to windows 10 but that only made things worse since gtmp only ran at 30-40 fps, single player worked fine.

Downgraded back to 7 and got my 90 FPS back. But still, gtmp had those 15 fps dips.

Im guessig gtmp itself is cpu intensive because it turns out it was thermal throttling my cpu. I cleaned out mt case, heatsink, fans and monitored my cpu using AMDOverDrive. No more problems.

Little bit of cleaning the case solved my issue ultimately. Strange how no other games work my cpu as hard as gtmp nor does GTA single player.

Dont underestimate cleaning your case.

And windows 10 hates gtmp.

(when I installed windows 10, it was just a few days after .net framework 4.7.1 was released, so I more than likely had that installed and it was the cause of my 30-40 FPS issue since I had the same issue when i downgraded windows and installed the same .net framework.)

Edited by Jim_Wesson

Not sure if this is the case with everyone but, avoid installing the latest version of .net framework (4.7.1). 

I was running 4.6.2, had 90+ FPS

Installed the newest version 4.7.1, 30-45 FPS

Installed 4.7.0 - Back to 90+ FPS

Sooo, something about the latest .net framework kills FPS.

7 minutes ago, OsamaBigLag said:

4.7.1 and impossible to downgrade, how did you do it?

Its possible. I just went to control panel, installed programs, microsoft .net framework 4.7.1 - uninstall.

It may be under installed windows updates, windows 10 dolls up your OS, you need to find the win7 style installed programs list, i know theres an option to not categorize installes programs/apps.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/02495b85-202c-4746-9a6d-39912c29e59d/can-not-uninstall-net-framework-47?forum=w8itproappcompat

May have an answer for you. It was part of an update KBsomerandomnumber

Orr try .net framework uninstaller / cleanup tool

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2008/08/28/net-framework-cleanup-tool-users-guide/

• Upvote 1

And until they fix tge issue with 4.7.1, i suggest running 4.6.2 or 4.7.0 til they fix it. Theres install blockers for win10 thatll prevent windows from installing new .net framework after you roll back, google .net install blocker.

Hope this helps man

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, OsamaBigLag said:
22 minutes ago, OsamaBigLag said:

Downgraded from Fall update, it seems that you are forced to use it on that version of windows.

So what version .net you running now and hows the fps?