Badger

[REMOVE] Auto fines.

Criminals buy super cars, use them improperly without true fear rp of damage, insurance, impound costs, fees, etc. 

Criminals use $35k or whatever for carbines, etc...

But they complain about paying their criminal activities fines? Simple solution, dont get caught breaking the law, then you wont be wasting your money. lol 

IRL, wages would be garnished if unpaid, or longer jail sentence for unpaid fines.

I had a system in place to give "winning" to both sides, legal and criminal for this to work. 

• Upvote 1

Just a opinion. I have a criminal character yes it hard to make money but I have so much fun RPing even if I have to pay the fine. It all about RP for me but this proves that all you guys want is to "win" rather then have fun and rp. I never post my opinion this one just got to me when PD get bad mouthed all the time for lack of RP yet here you are at the forums complaining about money showing that obviously your goal is to "win" on an RP server....

+1/-1

Fines should not be paid the immediately the moment you are arrested. They should be able to be paid within a day or so (OOC) then forcefully paid after this time has released.

Realistically, when you are fined, you have a set time to pay them until assets are taken from the bank.

Nothing is realistic about money being taken out of the bank immediately when you are jailed.

Edited by NoewUH

The issue that I have with the implementation of automatically paid fines is that we already had police officers being murdered in cold blood because they pulled someone over and were maybe going to write out a ticket. Now with people knowing that they will have to pay fines automatically as soon as they get arrested.. how bad will it end up if we try to perform a regular traffic stop for something as innocent as a regular license check? 

That would be the only reason why I would +1 this suggestion, however I also feel like automatically paid fines should be in place to crack down on the people that just say "**** the police because I ain't paying my tickets, I'll just get arrested after 3 days to get them removed from my record!"which makes no sense with the amount of things they would do to you in real life to make you pay them, which were previously mentioned so I will not mention them again.

Maybe something could be set in place where instead of removing unpaid citations after 3 days when jailed, they can be automatically paid after 3 days and being jailed.

+1/-1

• Upvote 1

Even being on the police side of this, I would still have to +1 this for removal.

Sure, what everyone is saying makes sense, that criminals have to pay for their actions financially and time-wise in jail/prison. We don't have long jail/prison sentences because we don't want it to be an OOC burden on the players for committing IC crimes. But I think the same can also be said for the money made IC. Our personal time is spent playing this game to make money to buy things for our character. To have a script force payment of fines I don't think should be in place, maybe if forced fine payment is brought into effect, cut the fines in half perhaps? Something that is a little less of a severe blow to the criminals who won't necessarily have the money to support their gameplay style.

This is, afterall, just a game and we're all here to have fun. I think forcing payment of fines and financially draining the criminal side of things would decrease overall enjoyment of criminal roleplay and would cut down on it. While that certainly would be a good thing in any other situation, within the Eclipse game world, crime brings interesting and fun situations to the roleplay experience. To only have it shot down afterwards through forced fine payments I think is counterproductive.

+1 Paying the fine should be a choice, otherwise you will never get fines that are expired which cops can arrest you for... Makes the game more fun for a criminal when the cops pull you over and call you out for it and it gives you a reason to evade without just running for no reason when they pull you over.... That's bad roleplay!

Edited by King Zaki

As it stands right now, +1 to this.

Criminal life is all about risk vs reward, that's as true in GTA as it is in reality. There is no further reward for criminals in the latest update, just a TON more risk. Massive jail times (which I really like but again, not right now) and now losing mass amounts of money too.

You are crippling criminal players which is going to lead to further boredom and frustration, which is going to cause conflict between certain factions on the server. I don't like the fact everyone drives around in supercars, or people commit stupid crimes because they are bored. But this is not the best solution.

• Like 2

If its a small crime like parking speeding ect, yeah we don't mind. IF you are going to jail for 10 hours or what ever the new time limit is you should not get a fine as well its like this : -

A second prosecution for the same offense after acquittal or conviction or multiple punishments for same offense. The evil sought to be avoided by prohibiting double jeopardy is double trial and double conviction, not necessarily double punishment.

Double punishment for something

Edited by Badger

34 minutes ago, Badger said:

If its a small crime like parking speeding ect, yeah we don't mind. IF you are going to jail for 10 hours or what ever the new time limit is you should not get a fine as well its like this : -

Double punishment for something

I think if you get locked up for max sentence of 10 hours (600 minutes) then you should have your fines wiped. but only for max sentencing. I think that is fair. But under that, I think you should still pay your fines. 

Because if someone was fined for jay walking, obstruction of justice, impeding traffic, blocking traffic, etc... they should probably pay those still. but they arent going away for long time. 

I think if max sentence then fines = waived is a fair compromise. 

But that is not my call to make. 

The jail times are insane, 10 hours just on some cops whim, people are going to flood out of the server if they are stuck for that long. The server is pretty much empty as is this will just lead to mass exodus and leave the same old non RPing crowd sitting on garbage bins in bayview dancing.  Really if you are going to auto fine and  have jail times that long you need to have legal aid of some sort or a court in place with an actual sitting judge so people can actually plead their cases.

Yea I completely agree with this. The server is not big enough to add 10 hour jail times. The jail is big, but not enough cops are there to RP activities, so it is basically the same thing. If you tell me I got to wait 10 hours IG then its kind of dumb. 10 hours of gameplay is a lot, like you can do so much shit in 10 hours, especially on a game. To give a perspective, I can finish certain games in under 10 hours including the whole gta 5 campaign (the basic missions). Some ppl finish the whole game 100% in 11 hours. So you are telling us we got to spend the duration of a whole game in jail.... doing nothing. At least give us a way to AFK there. +1 @Phil McGee

Edited by 3Bot

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.