Msato

Vehicle Despawn Timer

I believe it's set to 2hrs right now, which isn't a great deal of time. I've been trying to chop some vehicles and it's proving quite difficult as I can barely find any. This makes it less profitable and not really worth doing full time.

The only cars I can find to chop are ones where a players game has crashed.

• Upvote 2

I think we should wait for further optimizations to RAGE before adding any more vehicles to the map. We already see large FPS drops in places that have concentrations of vehicles (high end, bank, etc), and I remember at one point, before the change, WCA was asked to remove vehicles from Grove St by staff due to crashing.

RAGE just isn't good at rendering a lot of vehicles, and this definitively helped. If anything, we should be working towards removing the clumps of vehicles from LSPD, High End and Bank. I'd make a /park type system where they despawn, and you can see them on a list at all major government buildings. 

-1 due to the engine limitations.

I personally was dealing with HEAVY lag spikes that put me and a couple others in my faction and other people in the server in a 2min~ delay when we were close to any place that had a lot of vehicles. In our case it was paleto high end as we were Aztecas.
It didnt have anything to do with our internet but it just was like that. After the update, I've never experienced this problem again any where in the server no matter how crowded it was.

I personally would suggest the timer to just increase to maybe 4hours or so and see how it goes from there, but removing it as a whole is a no no.

Edited by Feky

On 8/25/2020 at 10:46 PM, RishabJaiswal said:

+1 i agree, since cars get despawn so after every 2hours there are spaces in NCZ, to park other players' cars which make lot of cars parked in small NCZ area which is unrealistic.

If they find area is already full of cars they will park somewhere else.

It will also fix issue like: when people are online together most car spawn in NCZ, above each other or flip the cars which spawned earlier or as they spawn and crash make the parking look bad.

6 hours is also too much we can agree on 4 hours or 5 hours.

shouldn't be storing cars in an NCZ when you log off. Thats not what an NCZ is for.

-1 Back in the day some areas were unplayable and you can still experience that in areas where there's too many players. I don't have a bad PC but I would feel sorry for those who do, therefore I think everything should stay as it is. If the optimization of RAGE improves then sure but at this time I don't see why we would go back to the state of NCZs we had back in the day.