Msato

Vehicle Despawn Timer

Currently any vehicle despawns after 2 hours of the owner not being logged in, this really hinders any form of continued interaction with vehicles.

This timer should be increased back to the previous timer of 6 hours.

This will allow further RP with stolen & abandoned vehicles, and assists in making the recent turfs implementation smoother for those who are looking to chop vehicles.

Prior to the despawn timer reduction it allowed for a sense of environment around public hotpots, houses and hq's as relevant vehicles would almsot always be visible at them. This is now lost and hinders immersion heavilly. 

Image before:

https://i.imgur.com/WojypF9

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 11

+1 I agree with the idea but I think 4 hours is a lot more reasonable

+1 i agree, since cars get despawn so after every 2hours there are spaces in NCZ, to park other players' cars which make lot of cars parked in small NCZ area which is unrealistic.

If they find area is already full of cars they will park somewhere else.

It will also fix issue like: when people are online together most car spawn in NCZ, above each other or flip the cars which spawned earlier or as they spawn and crash make the parking look bad.

6 hours is also too much we can agree on 4 hours or 5 hours.

3 hours gives you plenty of time, even if you've only found the vehicle, you could have 1-2 hours to find a solution. In addition it also still balances the profit from the chop, not so much that tons of cars would be available for chopping, but just enough to keep the potential profit gain, still balanced.

You can do a lot in an hour.

Edited by Xoza