Msato

Apartment Elevator

+1 the fact that anyone can follow someone to their apartment floor ages after they've gone up should be nerfed in this way. by implementing this idea, it wouldn't entirely remove the ability to see which floor people are going to, and also still give people those two seconds to identify the floor number before it gets returned.

Only if it takes a good amount of time for the elevator to start moving, and reach the bottom floor. Apartment complexes are used as instant teleporters to escape pursuers. Very close to powergaming, and the HUD was put in place to alleviate that issue. Last thing we want is more instant unrealistic actions.

• Upvote 1

Before this update I use to jump to a random floor under or above my floor and role play hitting the buttons in the elevator if i felt like someone was going to attempt to find the floor i was going to. 

/me would hit the floor buttons ranging from 33-100 or 78-1 and prepare to exit on his desired floor 
/do after exiting on my desired floor elevator would continue to stop at each floor and continuing up till reaching 100

I would then manually enter floor numbers into the Elevator ui and continue going up or down floors till reaching my desired floor.
So that in the case I was sent a ldo about the floor the elevator stopped at I could answer truthfully.

/do elevator would be seen stopping and continuing at each floor from 33-100. 

Currently that rp has been made irrelevant and i'm forced to get anther player to come with me to my apartment to floor hop up and down to reduce chance of people learning my floor.

There are multiple ways people attempt conceal what floor they went to in real life. Such as using stairwells that every building is required to have be accessible as an alternative to using the elevator for safety reasons. Or hitting multiple floor buttons so that the elevator continues past your destination.

The role play I did prior could be incorporated into the script but involve action timers and a elevator button ui where you have buttons to click to keep it realistic similar to how in real life a draw back off hitting multiple floor buttons before your desired floor would cause you to take longer to reach your destination floor.

Edited by Phantas
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Only if it takes a good amount of time for the elevator to start moving, and reach the bottom floor. Apartment complexes are used as instant teleporters to escape pursuers. Very close to powergaming, and the HUD was put in place to alleviate that issue. Last thing we want is more instant unrealistic actions.

I think a timer is a good option, also I think an RP element of lift sharing is not catered for as you are not always going to be alone in a lift for example. 

After 60 seconds, the floor should just 'clear' to ground.

The floor indicator would be the same as if someone stood there watching what floor it stopped or jumping on the elevator with you.

60 seconds would allow you a sense of security after that time has passed...

Edited by Xoza
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

After 60 seconds, the floor should just 'clear' to ground.

The floor indicator would be the same as if someone stood there watching what floor it stopped or jumping on the elevator with you.

60 seconds would allow you a sense of security after that time has passed...

I completely agree on this one. As @alexalex303 stated, the idea from the topicstarter is nice however it's easily something that's going to be unrealistically used.

Before this update I use to jump to a random floor under or above my floor and role play hitting the buttons in the elevator if i felt like someone was going to attempt to find the floor i was going to. 

/me would hit the floor buttons ranging from 33-100 or 78-1 and prepare to exit on his desired floor 
/do after exiting on my desired floor elevator would continue to stop at each floor and continuing up till reaching 100

My question would be - in a chase, which happens often in these situations, would you realistically have the time to wait for an elevator, then push 67 buttons while the person chasing also wouldn't be able to just jump in the elevator?

My question would be - in a chase, which happens often in these situations, would you realistically have the time to wait for an elevator, then push 67 buttons while the person chasing also wouldn't be able to just jump in the elevator?

No, you most likely would not. The reason they can do it in-game, is because it's an instant teleport. You could fix a lot of issues by adding a 10s timer on elevator usage.

Wouldn't use an elevator to get away form someone in a chase. It was to prevent people to figure out the floor I got out at. Im all for an action timer being added to elevator if you can queue up for multiple floors.

Edited by Phantas

+1 to the timer idea. Maybe a timer from the perspective of the person who is watching the elevator from the ground would be nice. I mean, if I go to floor 50, then there should be a short time where the guy at the ground floor should not be able to access the elevator immediately, as the case would be realistically. That gives a sense of security to the resident and introduces a realistic time delay for the potential raider or follower to go back to that apartment.