Jump to content
Oli

.50s in the back

Recommended Posts

NBDY intentionally scripted the .50 to show on your back. if you're carrying a 50. caliber pistol IRL you will see a bulge in someone's clothes, it's borderline non-rp to be able to conceal a pistol so bulky/large. try to find me an example of someone tucking their desert eagle in their waistband and it not being visible from the outside (via a bulge, or physically able to be seen). it's really tough to conceal it... the pistol is 11" long IRL & an awkward shaped hunk of steel.

if you don't want your pistol to be seen, you can use a pistol, a combat pistol or an SNS pistol, as they are small/concealable IRL. NBDY has purposefully scripted it so that the smaller pistols don't appear on your back (because they can realistically be concealed).

I understand most people prefer the .50 because it's the most OP pistol in the game, but if you truly wanted your pistol not to be seen you'd use a smaller pistol.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

I don't see why you would get to eat your cake and have it too. If you carry a gun that is meant to show on your back, it's shown. Could easily argue that hiding it with clothes is bug abusing, same as building in front of your door to hide the smoke from burning drug tables. The gun is meant to have a drawback. 

 

You can't honestly be serious can you? It makes sense for guns to magically hang off peoples backs? Take a few minutes to scan over youtube, and how one with a concealed pistol (small or large) would carry it and say the way it is makes sense, from a realistic perspective. Seems like you're the one wanting things "your way", how would you consider tucking a shirt over your gun "bug abusing"? It should be apart of active RP, lmao.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dashingly said:

try to find me an example of someone tucking their desert eagle in their waistband and it not being visible from the outside (via a bulge, or physically able to be seen). it's really tough to conceal it... the pistol is 11" long IRL & an awkward shaped hunk of steel.

As shown in the video above, it all depends on what you're wearing.

But even if we RPly hid it, if they see it, they see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@bunko i wasn't being literal. you could probably conceal a bazooka in your pants if you have oversized/baggy clothes and/or you're standing still lol. i said it would be really tough too conceal a deagle in your waistband IRL, which is true. he does conceal it pretty well, but when he's not standing completely still you can definitely see that he's printing. Anybody that has a CCW or is firearms trained would be able to spot the imprint if they were looking for it. google "printing conceal carry" for more examples and you can see what i mean.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTrXpDK_EYE

 

 

15 minutes ago, Feky said:

As shown in the video above, it all depends on what you're wearing.

But even if we RPly hid it, if they see it, they see it.

I agree that if you're wearing oversized/baggy clothing that covers the pistol completely, then it shouldn't be RP'd. But if the pistol is visible at all, IMO we should be able to RP it. NBDY intentionally scripted it to be visible so that players could RP it. This not only benefits police, it also benefits criminals. I would argue that a large %age of robberies take place specifically because a criminal sees a person with a .50 on their back so they engage in the robbery to try to take the .50.

Again, you may use a smaller pistol whenever you're in public, especially if you're in a public area where PD may be patrolling. The smaller pistols are scriptly not shown (intentionally). Or better yet, if you want to keep using the .50 since it is the best IMO, just leave it in your vehicle when you're out and about.

Totally willing to go back and forth with you guys on this topic, and even willing to change my mind on it if given a more convincing argument. Full disclosure, one of my characters is a cop, so i'm probably a little biased on the side of the .50 being able to be RP'd.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Dashingly said:

if you don't want your pistol to be seen, you can use a pistol, a combat pistol or an SNS pistol, as they are small/concealable IRL. NBDY has purposefully scripted it so that the smaller pistols don't appear on your back (because they can realistically be concealed).

Exactly, the options already exist, put them in a bag or your car even. If people want to open carry massive pistols while masked in public expect to bring attention to yourself.

As for that video of the guy concealing the weapon.........sure you can conceal anything wearing a moo moo. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dashingly said:

@bunko i wasn't being literal. you could probably conceal a bazooka in your pants if you have oversized/baggy clothes and/or you're standing still lol. i said it would be really tough too conceal a deagle in your waistband IRL, which is true. he does conceal it pretty well, but when he's not standing completely still you can definitely see that he's printing. Anybody that has a CCW or is firearms trained would be able to spot the imprint if they were looking for it. google "printing conceal carry" for more examples and you can see what i mean.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTrXpDK_EYE

 

 

I agree that if you're wearing oversized/baggy clothing that covers the pistol completely, then it shouldn't be RP'd. But if the pistol is visible at all, IMO we should be able to RP it. NBDY intentionally scripted it to be visible so that players could RP it. This not only benefits police, it also benefits criminals. I would argue that a large %age of robberies take place specifically because a criminal sees a person with a .50 on their back so they engage in the robbery to try to take the .50.

Again, you may use a smaller pistol whenever you're in public, especially if you're in a public area where PD may be patrolling. The smaller pistols are scriptly not shown (intentionally). Or better yet, if you want to keep using the .50 since it is the best IMO, just leave it in your vehicle when you're out and about.

Totally willing to go back and forth with you guys on this topic, and even willing to change my mind on it if given a more convincing argument. Full disclosure, one of my characters is a cop, so i'm probably a little biased on the side of the .50 being able to be RP'd.

Being a criminal is not a job we go on/off duty for, there's no such thing as (use weaker pistols when in public) or (keep it in your vehicles) as ambushes can happen at any time and back up calls can not be denied because "wait lemme swap my weak pistol for a .50 and then I'll come".

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Phil McGee said:

Exactly, the options already exist, put them in a bag or your car even. If people want to open carry massive pistols while masked in public expect to bring attention to yourself.

As for that video of the guy concealing the weapon.........sure you can conceal anything wearing a moo moo. 

 

As if you didnt tank enough already. It takes hella bullets to kill one of you with a .50, now you want us to use sns pistols, great mentality bro.

You guys just need to know that its okay to take the L sometimes, its not like you lose ANYTHING anyways. Quite a hard experience I know 🙂

And yeah, we want to wear a moo moo and not be arrested because 1% of the gun is showing. Why does it matter to you what we wear?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

-1.  The weapon should have drawbacks when used, given it's the most powerful handgun.  If it was perfectly concealed when you used it, there would be no reason to use other guns.  By keeping it visible, it makes other guns actually have a purpose in that while less powerful they are invisible.  Nobody would even consider using other options if the .50 does everything.

Edited by Victor Einhart
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Victor Einhart said:

-1.  The weapon should have drawbacks when used, given it's the most powerful handgun.  If it was perfectly concealed when you used it, there would be no reason to use other guns.  By keeping it visible, it makes other guns actually have a purpose in that while less powerful they are invisible.  Nobody would even consider using other options if the .50 does everything

This is about being realistic and not drawbacks and this and that, REALISTICALLY I would be able to cover the pistol .50 on my back with a rather baggy shirt or jacket, the heavy pistols is hidden either way, with the .50 it would only be hidden depending on the type of clothing you wear. Meaning there would believe still be a "drawback". This is not some sort of MMO where certain weapons have a drawback this is an RP server where things are meant to be as realistic as possible, in which being able to hide a strap with baggy clothing is 100% realistic and makes sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The gun should be inside the pants with only half of gun visible without a shirt. With a shirt it should not be visible unless the person is shirtless or wearing a wifebeater. It does not get more realistic than that. The magnet on your buttocks that attaches your pistol makes 0 sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 2:02 PM, Victor Einhart said:

-1.  The weapon should have drawbacks when used, given it's the most powerful handgun.  If it was perfectly concealed when you used it, there would be no reason to use other guns.  By keeping it visible, it makes other guns actually have a purpose in that while less powerful they are invisible.  Nobody would even consider using other options if the .50 does everything.

Those other guns are cheaper too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go again with a very PD vs Crim argument which should just be a discussion of overall RP.

Seems very fucked up that certain PD characters would harass and not role-play a situation in which someone is obviously trying to conceal a .50 or whatever weapon it may be via baggy clothing just because they see a couple of pixels clipping through it. 

To add CIV RP to the discussion, why exactly should the weapon i bought to protect myself have drawbacks or cons so to speak? Doesn't make sense RP wise. 

Of course, on topic of realism I understand a .50 IRL wouldn't be easy to carry around concealed but come on that's going a bit TOO far. Keep it fun and fair. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's very interesting that you now talk about realism, but when we have people circling SWAT weapon drops and they get detained with great force, we call it "powergaming" or "playing to win". How come you don't like that realism? or when we talk about how SWAT has 200 armor, we're saying "it's just a game", but now you want realism so you can hide a .50?

On-topic. Without selective realism, this suggestion makes no sense. The .50 cal is the best pistol from the ones that we have available on our server. ALL the other pistols don't even show on your back. It's a very obvious intended drawback. If you want the best pistol, other people are gonna see you carry it. If you don't, carry a heavy pistol.

  • NAY 4
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Westy said:

On-topic. Without selective realism, this suggestion makes no sense. The .50 cal is the best pistol from the ones that we have available on our server. ALL the other pistols don't even show on your back. It's a very obvious intended drawback. If you want the best pistol, other people are gonna see you carry it. If you don't, carry a heavy pistol.

I would have possibly agreed with this statement yesterday but after the weapons update today, heavy pistols now show on the back which basically eliminates any reason to carry a heavy pistol over a .50 when the heavy pistol should be relatively small enough to not show at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Westy said:

I think it's very interesting that you now talk about realism, but when we have people circling SWAT weapon drops and they get detained with great force, we call it "powergaming" or "playing to win". How come you don't like that realism? or when we talk about how SWAT has 200 armor, we're saying "it's just a game", but now you want realism so you can hide a .50?

On-topic. Without selective realism, this suggestion makes no sense. The .50 cal is the best pistol from the ones that we have available on our server. ALL the other pistols don't even show on your back. It's a very obvious intended drawback. If you want the best pistol, other people are gonna see you carry it. If you don't, carry a heavy pistol.

FALSE the Pistol (normal)  shows on your back and thats like a BB gun.. Of course now this argument here is no longer significant as along with the recent update. Heavy Pistols do now show.

Edited by justpositivity
Link to post
Share on other sites

-1

For someone who literally spent 70% of his time enforcing unlicensed firearms when in PD. There are clothing that completely conceals the .50. There are also those like the shirts that does not. Cops roleplaying the /do Would I notice ... is of their discretion and choice. There's been times that with proper or reasonably roleplay/circumstances that I deem the .50 concealed, but majority of the time if its visible, its a trip to jail/prison. 

In the past, there were no guns scripted to show ( Correct me if Im wrong, I might be wrong LOL )

Its purposely scripted to be visible on your person, and is not some "bug" that people keep debating it is. There's also an inventory system where some people have been smarter at utilizing. Briefcases, bags, vehicles, houses, etc.

Don't want to it to show? Buy a smaller gun that can be easier at concealing such as a combat pistol, SNS Pistol, EVEN Heavy Pistol. I have a Heavy and no gun is ever visible at all.

Edited by Percival
  • NAY 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, justpositivity said:

FALSE the Pistol (normal)  shows on your back and thats like a BB gun.. Of course now this argument here is no longer significant as along with the recent update. Heavy Pistols do now show.

Its strange because sometimes it shows, but most times It does not as I carry a heavy pistol on me (so the firearm does not ruin the outfit 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, branning12 said:

Here we go again with a very PD vs Crim argument which should just be a discussion of overall RP.

Seems very fucked up that certain PD characters would harass and not role-play a situation in which someone is obviously trying to conceal a .50 or whatever weapon it may be via baggy clothing just because they see a couple of pixels clipping through it. 

To add CIV RP to the discussion, why exactly should the weapon i bought to protect myself have drawbacks or cons so to speak? Doesn't make sense RP wise. 

Of course, on topic of realism I understand a .50 IRL wouldn't be easy to carry around concealed but come on that's going a bit TOO far. Keep it fun and fair. 

Get a gun where you can conceal better than. Now you have a way to protect yourself without the risks of a cop seeing you have a gun. It's not going a bit TOO far at all, and it is VERY fair.

Edited by Percival
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Percival said:

Get a gun where you can conceal better than. Now you have a way to protect yourself without the risks of a cop seeing you have a gun. It's not going a bit TOO far at all, and it is VERY fair.

Haha, how can we protect ourselves from you with a SNS Pistol or a Heavy Pistol. When you have body armor .50 and possibly a shotgun. .50 is the most effective gun against cops any other pistol is useless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, justpositivity said:

Haha, how can we protect ourselves from you with a SNS Pistol or a Heavy Pistol. When you have body armor .50 and possibly a shotgun. .50 is the most effective gun against cops any other pistol is useless.

Oh wells. Then don't get caught with one on your strap ;D

Want the better pistol? Risk the consequences. 

This ain't some liberal sh*t where there should be win win win, without the risk of lose lose lose.

Edited by Percival
  • NAY 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Percival said:

Oh wells. Then don't get caught with one on your strap ;D

Want the better pistol? Risk the consequences. 

This ain't some liberal sh*t where there should be win win win, without the risk of lose lose lose.

I mean the worst pistols have the same drawback. As i understand it every pistol now shows with the new update, so there is literally no reason to carry anything but a .50 in the criminal world.

I'm gunna keep myself very conservative and just say that if you look at it from a game balance perspective and less from a "realism" persuit, thats the arguement i'd rather push for. I understand that its RP and realism is a factor, but topics like this in my eyes are far more in the realms of balance changes to make the game fair and enjoyable for everybody rather than a thread discussing weather its physically possible to conceal large handguns under baggy clothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.