ID 344 (14 Deathmatch)

Player(s) being reported: ID 344
Date of interaction reported: 2020-07-10
Unix time stamp from HUD: https://gyazo.com/1ce29b77feb1dfac9e600f4722fb71c1

Your characters name: Jean Pelletier

Other player(s) involved: 

Specific rule(s) broken:

14. Deathmatch (DM)

• Deathmatching is the act of attacking a player without a proper roleplay reason and interaction.

• Examples of valid reasons to attack another player:

• If they attempt to arrest or hurt you, an ally, or damage your property.

• If they report you to the police for a serious crime.

• If they are not in compliance with plausible demands, attempt to escape, or call backup.

• A player cannot kill their victim if the victim is in compliance with the demands.

• A player must allow their victim enough time to comply with the demands.

• If a player informs you that your VOIP isn’t working, you must either fix your VOIP using appropriate commands or use text to deliver your demand(s).

• Vehicles cannot be used to attack a player on foot more than once, including a failed attempt.

• Vehicles cannot be used as a weapon in an active shootout unless it's unavoidable when fleeing an active shootout.

• Killing a player that has obeyed all orders and demands during a roleplay situation is allowed, with roleplay, only within 3 hours of:

1.  Severe hostile or criminal action is taken against you, e.g. someone is robbing you at gunpoint. (Excluding police aiming a gun at you.)

2.   Someone is attempting to take your life.

3.   Someone is attempting to take the life of your close friend or ally, or if you have witnessed it happen.

• You must explain your reason to kill to the player IC and have OOC evidence proving your reason.

How did the player break the rule(s)?

I was fishing and minding my own business when ID 344 came driving in like a mad lad. At this time he drove over someone.
As he was repping the Triads color I approached the man, to figure out what just happened...
As I was talking to him, he asked if I was Triads.
He then got out of his car, got his gun out and started straight shooting at me

Evidence of rule breach:
Here's the footage, sorry about the stream in the background.

Edited by Captain Tofu

You knowingly came towards and began using profanity towards me. This isn’t the first time this chap has baited someone like this before, he knew who I was and what I would do to him if he had insulted me again. I’m a well known, respected and dangerous individual of eclipse rp, and the complainant knows this, he took the opportunity and came towards me with the idea of bait and resulted in his death, I did not finish him, I wanted him to remember who had he spoken to in such a devious and disrespectful manner, James Fielding.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

PLAYER REPORT ACCEPTED

Thank you for your patience while this report was under review.

After reviewing this report and evidence attached to it, I've decided to accept this report and issue the punishments to the following players:

James_Fielding @Fielding27 - I am genuinely baffled by your response and taken back. Your reasoning for what you did is wholey and completely both irresponsible and ill-considered. Just because someone insulted you, does not grant you to shoot him, especially in the manner you did. It's very poor Roleplay standards and falls very clearly under the Deathmatching rule. What you should of done was build the roleplay, escalate it IC'ly. You have been recently within the past couple of months been unbanned and if this behaviour continues another ban is soon inevitable. I would strongly suggest you take a long hard think about your future actions if you enjoy playing here. Player will receive a DM punishment.

And once more I do apologise for the delay in this report, I've been having some on/off technical issues with my PC which I use for ECRP.

If you have received a punishment that you disagree with, feel free to file a punishment appeal following the punishment appeal guidelines and format. If the reporting party suffered a loss greater than $25,000 in value, feel free to file a refund request following the refund request guidelines and format. 

Regards,

Mod Drizzy