Flucifial

Add In-Character Options for Lifeinvader Site Membership

Old thread title: Charge IC Money for Lifeinvader, NOT OOC!

Lifeinvader was announced as a "completely in-character social network," yet features like the verified badge, promoted posts, and site membership are exclusive to those who choose to purchase these with out-of-character money, and I assume staff members get these free (correct me if I am wrong). Post promotion, especially, is something that I think should definitely be offered ICly. It can be EXTREMELY useful and could honestly replace forum advertising. As it is an in-character social network, I believe that site membership options should also be available for purchase ICly. 

My suggestion is that financial transactions on Lifeinvader be completely in-character. I don't imagine it'd be hard to do, given our already existing wire-transfer feature. Either way, charging OOC money on that site is really a bad look in my own opinion and I think that it should stick to being 100% IC. 

My NEW suggestion (CREDIT: @Xoza) is that Weazel News offer a new IC service: "Lifeinvader Credits," that charges IC money. With that, I also think the Lifeinvader Credits should be a valid form of payment for site membership so that the membership features (primarily post and page promotions) can be available to players ICly. The verified badge is something I can understand being an out-of-character exclusive perk, however post/page promotions should absolutely be offered ICly. 

If you agree with my suggestion, please leave a +1 and if you disagree, please leave a -1!

Edited by Flucifial
Updated my suggestion.
  • Upvote 13

I agree that the promoted posts, pages and profiles should be paid for with IC currency. The other stuff that does not give you an advantage, such as the verified badge, should be paid for with OOC currency because it shows you support the server and offers no advantage to you, other than cosmetics.

• Upvote 1

Like most have said, I think the IC content should be paid for with IC money. The content that’s simply cosmetic/provides little IC benefit can be paid with IRL money to support the server. 

I understand why devs did it this way but I don’t think it’s all that immersive to charge IRL money to advertise your IC content better. 

Overall +1 to this suggestion.

I could easily get behind site membership being an OOC charge which could provide paid members with in-character discounts for page and post promotions BUT post and page promotions should be offered ICly regardless. The verification badge, however, is something that I don't think should cost money at all, IC or OOC. That badge should be given to users who have a certain amount of friends or followers or are of some IC importance. 

+1

Glad someone posted this as it doesn't make any sense at all. If LifeInvader is IC then the IC perks should be obtainable ICly. A poor person IC could all of the sudden be verified and promote posts because they paid OOC money, while if it was charging IC money then only the actually ICly rich people would gain the benefits, which makes complete sense in a social media platform.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.