Msato

Weapon & Ammunition Armoury

+1 to this idea.

In theory if these weapon benches could be placed anywhere, I would disagree with this suggestion. But, I feel as if since it states that they can only be placed in warehouses then this suggestion is flawless. 

23 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

Please do not mistake lack of development for blatant disregard of suggestions as that is simply not the case and there may be multiple reasons as to why something has not been chosen for implementation.

I will not deny that this is a very interesting concept of a suggestion and one that would be cool in theory but again, I just simply cannot back it with support on my end but best wishes in future development and discussion around weapon availability.

There aren't too many warehouses on the server and if you balance the amount of warehouses there are on the server and if every official gang got access to a warehouse then this would honestly be amazing in my opinion. There are many other factors that could be implemented on-top of this to encourage better RP as well while stopping an overflow of guns. 

Maybe a way to disable other gangs warehouses stopping their weapon creation for x amount of time?

Adding a time similar to the drug creation in combination with the warehouse only limit makes this a perfect resolution in my eyes. 

I can also think of a million other ways to further this idea and balance out the concept of a gun overflow in the market. 

Edited by Goaldan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GWXCORE said:

+1

No offense, but the people who are putting -1 on this simply do not understand the current state of Crim RP

No offense taken, however seeing as there are only I believe two of us, I will comment back with further clarification. My -1 has absolutely nothing to do with not understanding the current state of criminal roleplay in the server. As you can see I have always been a fair advocate for increased opportunity for all avenues of roleplay be it criminal or not. I regularly speak with the criminal factions I manage as well as friends that main criminals for insight into their day to day so I'm absolutely no stranger to the feedback and commentary. I also have a criminal alternative character that has a considerable amount of experience and though not perfect, I still put my best foot forward to experience it. My -1 simply comes from an outside perspective to more than just what criminals can presently do and have access to. Previously I have given support for laptop adjustments to combat shortages (within reason) as well as supported and even written suggestions on expansion to different areas of criminal roleplay. We are free to disagree with one another on game suggestions but again that should not be confused with ignorance or disregard for hardships that people may face or want for something more and I implore you to see the difference. 

• NAY 1

1 hour ago, GWXCORE said:

No offense, but the people who are putting -1 on this simply do not understand the current state of Crim RP

But both Aldarine and Dario were both criminals at one point. Dario was WCA in the war and knows crim RP along with Aldarine not only being a faction manager for a criminal faction but also playing on a crim character. 

Edited by RAttlesnake7473

+1

I've built firearms IRL, but complete fabrication of every component is a different story. However, I like the idea of the molds and more that would naturally limit (similar to the laptop) but still allow either expansion or additional RP and resource gathering, forcing the group to do other things like, chop wood, mine supplies and more.

(bit of a separate topic) Don't like how laptop is restricted to only official factions though. Everyone should be able to acquire some level of items, official should just be able to get it cheaper, faster, have more available to them and less chance to notify other 'gangs'.

Edited by Xoza
  • NAY 1

-1 Its a very well thought out and done post. I just think it would feel weird to have street gangs making high quality Ak's. It wouldn't be the end of the world, I would just like to see a different solution to the problem.  (Requiring a warehouse is asking for abuse given their extreme price and limited availability. It's far to easy to camp and isolate your competition if needed.)

+1 To doing something with the current system to encourage player to player weapon sales. Currently most illegal factions don't get enough to supply their own people which means there is no 'trickle down' effect like you would expect. I'm not sure if player made weapons are the answer, but its clear there is room for improvement. 

The Weapon Crate would be used for the crafted items to be automatically placed into, similar to vents covering smoke for the tables. Avoiding them falling onto the floor, preventing loss on server crash/restart.

Love this mechanic. 

Edited by HighTV
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I started this as my own suggestion but I'll move my verbage to this thread. 

It isn't unusual for gun enthusiasts to make their own loads at home. I propose the addition of ammunition tables similar to drug tables. The ingredients would be brass, lead, and gunpowder. Brass and lead would be available through a vendor at the foundry, and/or mine-able for use on the table.  Gunpowder would be available at humane labs (or via laptop import). Generally bullets have 4 main components; a primer, a casing, the propellant, and the bullet itself or the load. Gunpowder could even be a product made from a drug table using the existing chemicals. Different types of bullets would take different combinations of ingredients as some bullets have a bigger casing and a smaller load, or require more propellant. For instance a combat pistol bullet is much smaller than an AK bullet so would require less materials and be faster to make.  This would create a nice ammo black market without sacrificing the integrity of legal licensing.  It would make use of existing in game mechanics, i.e. the drug tables, and add another RP scenario for criminals. I don't suggest ammunition be removed from the laptop, but this is a substitute and probably will work more slowly then just ordering from the laptop.  See chart below for ammo sizes. The 7.62 x 39mm load is standard AK load, .45 is a heavy pistol, etc, etc. 

Common-Bullet-Calibers-768x443.jpg

-1 Recent events showed that if a new player could get his hand on an Assault rifle, most of the server would become a battlefield. As I have experience in server I know that new players tend to grind, and they if they can make themselves a gun they will forget ''RP path to obtain it via relations with gangs etc. '' and wouldn't be filtered. What I mean is that ''new player comes to the server, he grinds, he tries to buy a gun and doesn't know how to RP, he gets banned'', what you mean by this suggestion is '' new player comes to the server, he grinds, he makes weapon, he thinks he's cool now with AK, he bursts the pier'' (By the way I am not talking about every new player, but sad truth is that most of new players are just like that). Keep heavy weapons hard to obtain as it would be IRL. Plus constructing a gun is hard work and if I can get it by simply mining iron, then let me construct a tank too.

Edited by Frezas