Msato

Body Armour Changes

With the recent implementation of the armour slot in the UI it has now made it so that you can wear armour when desired. Due to this the interest in such has vastly increased from both Legal and Illegal sides. 

Currently armour can only be acquired via PD/SD/DOC faction commands or a weaker version imported at a high price by official criminal factions. 

The changes:

Legal

Body armour is currently only illegal to wear as a felon, thus it should be made buyable via gunstores but with the same restrictions applied to that of guns. The armour would be at a cheaper value than an illegal import, say 30k and not 40k. If your armour is depleted you could buy a repair kit every so often, to increase its durability. 

Illegal

Increase the amount of armour in a vest to 50% to match that if a standard police officer, still costing 40k per vest (minimum import of 10).

The balance

Legals risk losing their body armour/having it depleted, upon it requesting a repair kit or new armour a police report would have to be filed on how it was damaged or lost. 

Criminals currently face a 5% notification chance on import on all criminal factions + pd & sd, further creating larger value drops for more competition to compete over. 

Criminals face the risk of losing their 40k purchase + weapons and an extra charge, this alone will push a lot away from wearing it at all times. 

SWAT & SED already have higher armour than a standard officer, meaning they would still have the "advantage" when it comes to criminals who wish to take the risk to utilise armour. 

This would further assist an existing branch of "dealer" rp from all civilians, legals and criminals, along with expanding the reach to more than just criminals and law enforcement. I know personally a lot of mechanics, can drivers and civilians would like this added layer of "protection". 

• Like 21
  • Upvote 4

I think overall it’s a interesting suggestion, however, I think for legal citizens purchasing legal vests, it should be possible to trace vests back to the original purchaser similarly to guns.

The reason I feel that distinction is important is mostly due to the fact that higher criminal import cost would just lead to criminals buying them from legal citizens at a cheaper rate with lower risk.

1 hour ago, Technocyte said:

I think overall it’s a interesting suggestion, however, I think for legal citizens purchasing legal vests, it should be possible to trace vests back to the original purchaser similarly to guns.

The reason I feel that distinction is important is mostly due to the fact that higher criminal import cost would just lead to criminals buying them from legal citizens at a cheaper rate with lower risk.

This would ideally be done via a serial number on the vest or something alone that lines, hence the section "same restrictions to that of guns".

It should definitely be limited availability and criminals should be making the majority of their purchases via other criminals.

• Like 3