Hoxton_Curry

Bank robbery suggestions

Bank Robbery Improvements For Everyone.

Just want to start by saying this is my own personal opinion and I don't speak for the staff team or PD when I give it.

When I first joined Eclipse last year, store robberies tended to happen quite a bit. I like store robberies in the sense that you don't know what's about to happen. The unpredictability is something that I fuck with and it's part of why I joined and stuck with PD. At some point, those store robberies became a little obsolete and it got to the point where people found the meta with them and you were just chasing shadows after that.

Fast forward to the inclusion of the bank robberies. I think it's a good idea in principle and I think criminals needed more interesting things to do. For me, my main concern is that we're applying store robbery logic to banks.

In terms of security, a convenience store and a bank is like comparing a supercar to a Buffalo. They both can be robbed, but the knocking over a bank as serious as it gets. 
I think that the script should reflect that and be a good example of 'high risk, high reward.'

To perform a successful bank robbery, you need to have prior planning, a competent team to pull off the job and a window of opportunity. I don't personally think it's something that a small time faction should be doing, I think it's unrealistic. You've got Zetas and Triads who are at this point, our master criminals of the server. It makes sense for them to do this but a small-time street gang, not so much.

I think I had suggested the scaling payout depending on the cops online and that fortunately got implemented, but this is what i'd like to see from it personally.

• Two alarms. One for the cashiers which is dependent on them being conscious and whether a gun is pointed at them or not, similar to stores. The setting off of this alarm is completely at the mercy of the robbers.
    The second alarm however is for the second door to the vault. As soon as that last door is opened, the vault alarm should go off no matter what.
    The amount of security the bank has and the money online demands a risk factor be introduced in terms of potential police response.

• The grabbing cash time should be quicker per grab, but slightly smaller amounts per person. 
    This encourages bigger groups to attempt this than the smaller groups.

• The bank robbery cool-down should be split into two with City Banks and County Banks sharing cooldowns.
    If a city bank is robbed, then the cooldown is applied to ALL LS banks. If a county bank is robbed, then it is applied to ALL Blaine County banks.
    Chain robbing shouldn't be a thing. Think realistic, you rob one bank, you don't go rob the next one, you lay low.

• The bank robbery cool-down should only be applied once that first pack of money is stolen, this slows people abusing banks to mess with other factions.

• The official criminal factions have a small chance to be tipped off to a bank robbery via the laptop, to encourage competition over the bank robberies and counter-robbing.

• The bank robbery cool-down should also be a random time limit between say 4-6 IRL hours. 
    Banks shouldn't be getting robbed constantly. It's only going to spawn more money into our economy and drive the prices of things up in the long term. 
    It also shouldn't be the case where people are setting their watches so they know EXACTLY when they can rob the bank again.

• Lastly, I'd like to see some actual financial functions added to these banks too. Have it perform as an actual bank, not just a location to be robbed.
    - Include them as a location for the money delivery job.
    - Perhaps have them function as a night bank (Like LS Bank, but they are operational in the hours when LS bank is closed.)
    - Even just a simple withdraw/deposit.

I think it probably becomes easy to metagame when you have a public location like the bank but the only reason people are going in there, is to rob the place.

• Like 4

-1, banks shouldn't be something that gangs want to rob daily. It's hella nonrp the way the gangs rob banks imo. I agree to some of the suggestions, but overall I think they are just aimed to make this more gang friendly so that gangs can attack banks daily. There should be some realism to these attacks. 

7 hours ago, Devonte said:

-1, banks shouldn't be something that gangs want to rob daily. It's hella nonrp the way the gangs rob banks imo. I agree to some of the suggestions, but overall I think they are just aimed to make this more gang friendly so that gangs can attack banks daily. There should be some realism to these attacks. 

And do you think is that realistic for cops winning every situation? We don’t said to make it easy but at least give a chance to other side to roleplay.                   Totally agree with the idea. Big +1 

Edited by Killah

I feel like the current bank system is okay, but a big issue I feel is that PD bring EVERYTHING to these bank robberies, and while I get it we want it to be realistic, but you don't always know what to expect. 
I know the first day there was an SD that showed up solo in an insurgent, he got out and ignored demands so he immediately died. Not very realistic to bring a single cop and then get out to ignore demands. Granted he didn't know the situation. 
I feel like the PD response should be a bit different. Bank robberies are a very serious crime and definitely warrant a response, but I don't feel as if they warrant the entirety of PD and SD to show up, or the vast majority. 
I know when these situations are happening, most 911 calls seem to get ignored so cops can try to get in on the action. We all know that bank robberies result in shootouts now, it's pretty evident, and when all of PD show up to them just to try and get into a gunfight, it just isn't fun. 

I personally have not tried a bank with 5/6 people because I don't care to fight large amounts of PD, you don't gain anything and if you do win, you're probably using that money to restock on the ammo you spent to kill the cops on the scene.
I've also seen several instances where PD block the ONLY means of escape with an insurgent, a riot van, or a granger, giving to criminals inside no way to escape. I feel as if this is extremely unrealistic. 
Both criminals and LEOs want more realism, but I think we need to take a step back and look at both sides. I get it that PD are going to win the vast majority of situations, they are PD they should win the vast majority, but when the more advanced criminal organizations don't want to even attempt banks because the chance of them winning is so minimal unless they get 30+ members to help, and then the payout is minimal if you give cash to everyone that helped. 

I think we should implement either a change in the way banks alarms are triggered, or try to change the way PD respond to the robberies, and not call a code 1 tac 1 every time they see a Zeta or Triad vehicle there, before they even assess the situation.

• NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

Still needs a change, it always ends up with PD blocking the entrance before you even start grabbing the cash and during the shootout cops will just spam kevlar from /pw , you get the whole PD responding and if you manage get away everyone will end up with like 15k after splitting it, because if you bring less people you will most likely end up in jail 

fNUMbZY.png

Edited by Hoxton_Curry
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Killah said:

And do you think is that realistic for cops winning every situation? We don’t said to make it easy but at least give a chance to other side to roleplay.                   Totally agree with the idea. Big +1 

bro ofc. irl no gang wipes cops, they have so much backup. From state troopers to swat that can come. And IG they are wining most situations, when they have the ability to call three gangs backup. lol.

• NAY 2

+/-

I'd be open to making it a little easier, if the timer to rob is increased as a bank would take several days to recover and an addition to silent alarms as well. You could even 'set up' a bank and coincide the amount of money in the vault based on how much there ATM has.

Edited by Xoza
On 6/23/2020 at 10:34 PM, Devonte said:

bro ofc. irl no gang wipes cops, they have so much backup. From state troopers to swat that can come. And IG they are wining most situations, when they have the ability to call three gangs backup. lol.

In real life cops don't bother patrolling gang infested neighborhoods, and hardly respond to calls in those neighborhoods.

In real life small time banks on the outskirts of town do NOT warrant even near the response that current bank robberies get.

Also, this isn't real life but a game, if we want to fix the server based on IRL standards let's start with the economy?

11 hours ago, Jleoni said:

In real life cops don't bother patrolling gang infested neighborhoods, and hardly respond to calls in those neighborhoods.

In real life small time banks on the outskirts of town do NOT warrant even near the response that current bank robberies get.

Also, this isn't real life but a game, if we want to fix the server based on IRL standards let's start with the economy?

ur slow. legit. lmao. Cops respond to calls in gang infested areas, and they patrol there. You have prolly never been to one, so dont start throwing shit up like you know how things happen. 

3 hours ago, Devonte said:

ur slow. legit. lmao. Cops respond to calls in gang infested areas, and they patrol there. You have prolly never been to one, so dont start throwing shit up like you know how things happen. 

Slow? I actually spent a majority of my life in a 'bad' neighborhood of a major US metro. (maybe 10th-20th percentile, so not even close to the worst). 

Burglaries? Cops wouldn't respond, period. If you were lucky they would take a report at the station and file it somewhere where it will never be seen again.
Gunshots/Drive-bys? Maybe within an hour, and only to come investigate/clean up but not to take an active part in the 'action'.

https://www.aclu-il.org/en/press-releases/newly-released-data-shows-city-continues-deny-equitable-police-services-south-and
"For example, communities of color regularly experience situations when no police officer is available to respond to a 9-1-1 emergency call, a situation rare in majority white neighborhoods."

Regardless, this is a game and changes should be made for RP/fun and not always for 'realism'

It's also disheartening how often you resort to insults in the OOC section of the forum.

• Like 2

If we're expected to use packed money to get influence in turfs, bank heists need to be reworked.

The other way that could help with the packed money turf issue could be store robberies or ATM robberies (Whenever they're added) give you packed money too?

• NAY 1

To perform a successful bank robbery, you need to have prior planning, a competent team to pull off the job and a window of opportunity. I don't personally think it's something that a small time faction should be doing, I think it's unrealistic. You've got Zetas and Triads who are at this point, our master criminals of the server. It makes sense for them to do this but a small-time street gang, not so much.

I think I had suggested the scaling payout depending on the cops online and that fortunately got implemented, but this is what i'd like to see from it personally.

Completely agree with the suggestions outlined in this post.

I agree with most of the stuff you've listed. The biggest issue as of now is the almost instant response by PD to the bank robbery. Realistically, you would have time to grab money, jewelry, whatever it may be, before cops get there. Maybe not all of it, but at least some of it. At least 2-5 minutes (IRL). However, cops/SWAT seems to show up within 10-20 seconds of the bank alarm going off and in order to prevent a shootout with cops (as that's not what our intentions are), the heist gets called off.

I believe the cooldown needs to be lowered.

When banks were actually semi-easy to do and people were spamming them off cooldown is a different state than where we are today.

Now it is incredibly hard to successfully do a bank without getting a PD shootout. I think the cooldown should be lowered back to what it originally was as often times people just set off the alarm without actually grabbing any cash. Then we're forced to wait 24 hours until it's available again.