Revv

[Appeal] Mason Savage

Revv    92

Account name: Revv
Character name: Mason Savage
Reason of ban: Death matching
Administrator: Lord Pepe?

Why should this appeal be accepted?

This appeal should be accepted due to the fact no rules were broken, During the event that took place on 08/08/2017.

Peter Beense begun to ticket illegally parked vehicles and after a few minutes I was approached by the sergeant and came to the conclusion to hide my identity due to possible charges on my name, Shortly after the individual begun getting provoked by civilians however because I was threatened that I would be charged with failure to comply I stood and watched until the situation was resolved, Then I proceeded to walk back to the nearby establishment to ask if I was free to go. At this stage I was placed under a hold by the sergeant.

After around twenty minutes of harassment from the sergeant, He then walked up to me continuing to attempt to find a reason to /cuff me in which case I asked him for the fifth time if I would be arrested for failing to identify myself, He then told me "Yes" This resulted in me pulling out my shotgun to shoot him and his colleagues protecting him which in turn prevented my arrest with the help from my gang members.

Ultimately he was very clearly trying to reveal my identity and trying to take me under arrest with the support of his two other officers, He had the full ability to believe he was facing Mason Savage, a known criminal and should have known that if he was attempting to detain a known criminal at large that he was going to face resistance, especially when multiple uniformed members of the gang were present.... He then continued to press the issue, and declared he was putting me under arrest. At that point he was making it clear he was demanding me to surrender my liberty.

As he nor his colleagues had a gun pointed at me at the time, I was not constrained to fearRP of not drawing a weapon and as such, responded to a blatant threat to the liberty of my character with force. As allowed in the rule 3.2 section 1.

The conclusion that was made which resulted in my punishment evolved around not giving the individual enough time to react, Now It's imperative that I make myself clear because.... If the victim of hostile role play has to give the attacker time to respond to the victims response every player on this server would be punished for Death Matching because it is not a realistic standard for hostile role play.

A few examples of how this logic makes no sense.

• Armed attacker says to the victim, Hands up or be shot! The victim turns around and tells the attacker I'm going to shoot you in self defence.
  • Armed attacker points a gun at the armed victim asking him to give up his wallet, The victim tells the attacker I'm going to defend myself by shooting you with my gun.

I could go on and on however the point I'm trying to make is that the reasoning behind this ban makes no sense because If the attacker received time to react to his own hostile initiation it would give the victim no possibility to defend himself.

For arguments sake In this circumstance I was the victim in this hostile role play in which the attacker initiated on me, He gave me time to react which I used to shoot him... Nobody is obligated to give their attackers time to accept their threats so why would I be expected to?

Question: Why was I not given time to respond to my report?

Edited by Revv
  • Upvote 3

Revv    92

gg9so6a.png

If you are going to punish me for something you have quite literally set as an example for what is expected inside the servers rules, Clearly that means there must be something else going on here that I'm not aware about?

Edited by Revv
  • Upvote 2

harmdone    83

This is a terrible example of a ban appeal. You don't understand what you did wrong, so let me explain. The entire interaction you had was you trying to find a reason to attack another individual and in doing so you pulled a shotgun out of nowhere with no roleplay. DM is having a poor reason to kill another individual and an officer simply trying to get your ID is a poor reason.

It is stated in the rules that you may attack for an attempt to be placed under arrest but a better example would be if you are being chased, you clearly showed no regard for your own life as you were surrounded by heavily armed officers who are trained to shoot and distinguish a situation at all costs. Maybe if you at least roleplayed grabbing the shotgun you would realize that as all the officers would immediately have pulled a gun and aimed it at your character, as well as shouted to put your hands up and stop reaching for it. Furthermore, as you didn't have a weapon license and the shotgun was visible (your character had no where to hide it) the officers would have done this earlier in the RP interaction in which case your character would have displayed fear and put their hands up.

Denied, has no consideration for what they did wrong and puts blame on the administrator for their wrongdoing. I hope you realize in the future that RP isn't just to always "win" in an interaction, and to always RP instead of finding reasons to kill. I believe a DM server would better suit a person of those interests.

• Upvote 2