Make sure you join our Discord server https://discord.gg/7UhB9YT

CallumMontie

The Ruined State of Criminal RP

I will just repeat what I've been saying for past 1-2 years, crim rp is way too scripted ( as in predictable, repetitive etc. ) and not nearly enough dynamic and impulsive/natural..

Almost 90% of criminal interactions with an ENEMY gang/group are predictable, with the rules limiting what u can and cant do without consent or some other reasoning behind it, every situation ends up in the receiving end already knowing all 2-3 possible outcomes and just bases his gameplay off that knowledge. He knows that he cant be shot if he puts hands up, he knows he cant be kidnapped, he knows he cant do this or that, so whatever he does or says or the people engaging the roleplay doesn't matter, because the roleplay has already been presented to them via restrictions that are in place, which leads to situations where during robberies people put their hands up, talk shit, act disrespectful etc. usually followed by /b I got my hands up/ I am complying you cannot do anything besides take my stuff etc. 

Which is the reason why the criminals here have mostly become businessman with a .50 or a heavy on them, because whats the point of watching a movie if you know what will happen already ? 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Sitting in Bayview for 70 hours a week or so, because of pretty much your whole statement. Really sums it up.

25 minutes ago, Donovan said:

Which is the reason why the criminals here have mostly become businessman with a .50 or a heavy on them, because whats the point of watching a movie if you know what will happen already ? 🙂

A few of the initial mention topics have recently been revised and received updates, however "Criminal Roleplay" is still in a very poor state.

• The player theft rule was adjusted to accommodate criminal rivalries which was a positive change, however it still leaves enough vagueness that it allows for evident Ruleplay and report "baiting".

• The "40 Member cap" has absolutely ruined certain time zones for most gangs, e.g. when we once has 5/6 people on at 12pm UTC we have now had to drop this timezone entirely. This does not create a dynamic nor good environment for RP - instead it created a "priority timezone" where people will only log in to play together. RP should not be capped like this.

• Overall the current ruleset directed towards criminals is vastly punishing and enforces a set "play style" limiting creativity in both RP and player interactions. Rules should be made to be enforced when breaches, not fully limit entire sections of RP, essentially scaring a player base away from carrying out certain actions.

TLDR: The primary problem with criminal RP is the rules, and how they're forcing people to RP in a set procedure. This needs to be changed, otherwise this area of RP will heavily continue to diminish and dwindle away.

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 17
  • Upvote 7

The gang size update: In reality gangs always overpower cops so the argument of balancing things done by admins in itself is non roleplay and pretty harmful to the server. Gangs have always outnumbered cops, as cops have restricted manpower and funding. However, that's when cops usually operate undercover and with other organisations, banding together to gain intelligence to slow down operations, big or small in regards to gangs. I have never seen a server self sabotage its own playerbase like this as they parade they are friendly to 'new gangs', new players and opportunity. I think they had the right idea so the top 3 gangs don't have everyone in it and more people go to different gangs, but, who are admins to dictate this rather than the roleplay of individuals?

Edited by LuchaLeii
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm not sure that hashtags and insults is the right way to go on this, so let's not go assigning blame on people.

Now that being said, I did think perhaps losing the Zetas might shake things up a little bit, but I don't know if I see the same kind of presence from the newer factions than the older factions. I would love to see that change.

That being said, hopefully when Osvaldon drops the upcoming update, people visiting and posting on this thread will have more of a positive outlook!

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.